A reminder: the larger context of new anti-2A-rights bills coming in Hawaii (Read 1399 times)

punaperson

Well, yeah, but "no one wants to take away your guns"... just the bump stocks and multi-burst trigger activators and full autos and suppressors and tasers and stun guns and certain knives and "battlefield weapons of war" (aka semi-automatic firearms) and maybe revolvers that hold more than five four three two rounds... etc., etc., etc. "Oh, what the hell, we admit it: No one (except agents of the government) needs a gun. That is our goal: total civilian disarmament. We just need to incrementally, step by step, accomplish that goal because if we say it out loud, it might upset too many people (not that they would really DO anything about it, but....). Now shut up, bend over, and take it. Thank you. Enjoy. Oh... and: Aloha!"

tillamook

In oregon they just submitted a bill that allows for only 20 rounds of ammo a month, after a background check and waiting 2 weeks.  Oh and 5 round mag limits on everything which basically makes every handgun that isnt a pocket pistol or revolver useless.  Submitted by high school students and the rep submitting it for them didnt read it. 

On the up side, I found a local shop that sells 50 BMG  :)

punaperson

In oregon they just submitted a bill that allows for only 20 rounds of ammo a month, after a background check and waiting 2 weeks.  Oh and 5 round mag limits on everything which basically makes every handgun that isnt a pocket pistol or revolver useless.  Submitted by high school students and the rep submitting it for them didnt read it. 

On the up side, I found a local shop that sells 50 BMG  :)
"No one needs more than 20 rounds of ammo a month." That's just an obvious commonsense gun safety regulation.

I saw that a group of advanced STEM high school students has applied for a patent for a "smart gun" prototype they have created. It has multiple "smart" features, but the most innovative and exciting is that it will only fire one round every 20 seconds! This will put an end to mass shootings, because in the 7 minutes it takes for cops to get there the killer will only be able to shoot 21 people. [Note that in the one minute and 39 seconds it took coward Peterson to show up and WAIT OUTSIDE THE DOOR of where the killer was executing people at Stoneman Douglas High School, the killer had already shot 21 people, including nine fatally.] Besides, no one needs to shoot more than one round every 20 seconds.

I wish that was a sarcastic satirical take on the stupidity of the gun grabber mentality, but, unfortunately, it's real. Read it and weep.

rpoL98

wasn't it Maduro that confiscated civilian guns?  can't remember which South American banana republic that was, it was kind of recent, though.

and I think it was Brazil's new president, Bolsonaro, that said civilians need to own guns because the police and the army can't defend them against the criminals, who are winning by the way.