Gun show models (Read 7237 times)

spyd3r5rcr33p1

Gun show models
« on: March 31, 2015, 12:02:04 PM »
Probably not what you expect this to be about;

I recently ran into something that was interesting. I was browsing through instagram and saw a "hot" model with some weapons she was posing with. Two, to be exact. She had both trigger fingers on the triggers and was posing for the camera. I have always been taught, from day one of training with any weapon, that safety is the most important. Your safety rules when handling weapons include having your trigger fingers straight and off the trigger until you're ready to fire. Now, there's no way for me to know that whoever handed her those weapons cleared them out. And I'm not sure that she has ever trained with such weapons. But, it would have only taken one round from one of those weapons to strike an innocent bystander at a gun show, mind you, to have ended the likelihood of any more gun shows and fueling anti-gun nuts' fires.

I'm all about the promotion of the 2nd amendment, but I am more for the promotion of safe weapons handling. Some of you might know what post I'm talking about and maybe think I'm just butthurt because when I told her what she was doing wrong, she told me something along the lines of not giving an f***.

Just something I wanted to put out there for discussion...not even sure this is the right section.
Devil Dog, Yut Yut, Kill

macsak

Re: Gun show models
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2015, 12:09:55 PM »

I recently ran into something that was interesting. I was browsing through instagram and saw a "hot" model with some weapons she was posing with. Two, to be exact. She had both trigger fingers on the triggers and was posing for the camera. I have always been taught, from day one of training with any weapon, that safety is the most important. Your safety rules when handling weapons include having your trigger fingers straight and off the trigger until you're ready to fire. Now, there's no way for me to know that whoever handed her those weapons cleared them out. And I'm not sure that she has ever trained with such weapons. But, it would have only taken one round from one of those weapons to strike an innocent bystander at a gun show, mind you, to have ended the likelihood of any more gun shows and fueling anti-gun nuts' fires.

I'm all about the promotion of the 2nd amendment, but I am more for the promotion of safe weapons handling. Some of you might know what post I'm talking about and maybe think I'm just butthurt because when I told her what she was doing wrong, she told me something along the lines of not giving an f***.

Just something I wanted to put out there for discussion...not even sure this is the right section.

let's see the pic!

spyd3r5rcr33p1

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2015, 12:13:54 PM »

Does that work? Never posted a picture before.
Devil Dog, Yut Yut, Kill

macsak

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2015, 12:17:45 PM »

Does that work? Never posted a picture before.

works, thanks

mauidog

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2015, 12:30:13 PM »

I think you are expecting too much from photographers and inexperienced gun handlers.  The safety rules say to never assume a gun is empty, and to handle all guns, even empty ones, as loaded. 

Personal responsibility with guns needs to be just that -- personal.  If I am present and feel at risk, I'll say something about someone unsafely handling a gun around me.  When watching You Tube and other photo-related images, you have to remember that these were created in the past, and nothing you complain about now will matter at all.  I don't get nervous with gun muzzles pointing at me from the PC screen. The round would hit the camera or someone working it, not me!!  Again, unless it's live streaming, it's all in the past.  No reason to make safety-Nazi comments after the fact.  Chances are, there will be plenty of others making that comment for you!

Based on the OP, this was on Instagram and not an in-person observation.  Nothing you can do about that.

Sometimes we get wrapped around the technical aspects of multimedia displays.  To me, this is no different than watching a war movie with the actors running around with fingers on triggers and muzzles sweeping their buddies.  It's good that people are sensitized to watch for unsafe acts with guns, but you have to keep it in context.  Are you or someone else presently at risk?  Then you have a duty to correct them.  If not, just roll with it!

I wonder if there are other examples demonstrating that photographers or models haven't got the first clue about guns ....

An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it.   -- Jeff Cooper

macsak

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2015, 12:35:14 PM »
I think you are expecting too much from photographers and inexperienced gun handlers.  The safety rules say to never assume a gun is empty, and to handle all guns, even empty ones, as loaded. 

Personal responsibility with guns needs to be just that -- personal.  If I am present and feel at risk, I'll say something about someone unsafely handling a gun around me.  When watching You Tube and other photo-related images, you have to remember that these were created in the past, and nothing you complain about now will matter at all.  I don't get nervous with gun muzzles pointing at me from the PC screen. The round would hit the camera or someone working it, not me!!  Again, unless it's live streaming, it's all in the past.  No reason to make safety-Nazi comments after the fact.  Chances are, there will be plenty of others making that comment for you!

Based on the OP, this was on Instagram and not an in-person observation.  Nothing you can do about that.

Sometimes we get wrapped around the technical aspects of multimedia displays.  To me, this is no different than watching a war movie with the actors running around with fingers on triggers and muzzles sweeping their buddies.  It's good that people are sensitized to watch for unsafe acts with guns, but you have to keep it in context.  Are you or someone else presently at risk?  Then you have a duty to correct them.  If not, just roll with it!

I wonder if there are other examples demonstrating that photographers or models haven't got the first clue about guns ....

in a world of compromise, some men load their mags backwards

spyd3r5rcr33p1

« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2015, 12:38:55 PM »

By no means am I trying to argue, as I understand your point, but in the long run it does and will affect the gun community. Although I am not personally  at risk by the model having her finger on the trigger, my rights as an American to own a firearm are jeopardized the second someone gets shot. I understand that there is nothing I can do about a picture taken in the past, but as a community, in the future, we need to educate more people that guns are a weapon used to kill things and people, and that when put in someone's hands they must be treated as such. Personally, I could blame whomever gave her the weapons, but at this point there is no point. I just wished that who ever gave those to her had been more articulate about how to handle them. Spilled milk.
Devil Dog, Yut Yut, Kill

JHanawahine

« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2015, 12:44:19 PM »
Safety is always first but I see No magazine & bolt held open with what looks to be a zip tie..

mauidog

« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2015, 01:32:35 PM »
By no means am I trying to argue, as I understand your point, but in the long run it does and will affect the gun community. Although I am not personally  at risk by the model having her finger on the trigger, my rights as an American to own a firearm are jeopardized the second someone gets shot. I understand that there is nothing I can do about a picture taken in the past, but as a community, in the future, we need to educate more people that guns are a weapon used to kill things and people, and that when put in someone's hands they must be treated as such. Personally, I could blame whomever gave her the weapons, but at this point there is no point. I just wished that who ever gave those to her had been more articulate about how to handle them. Spilled milk.

That's the key. 

My responsibility stops where I can not affect the outcome.  If you know the model, photographer, or the vendor the model worked for, then you can affect FUTURE problems by communicating your concerns directly to them. 

I think too many people hold a belief that comments somehow are teaching new shooters the safety rules.  I doubt that ever happens.  No new shooters are viewing that instagram pic thinking, "If she can pose like that, then trigger finger position doesn't matter."   :crazy:
An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it.   -- Jeff Cooper

Jl808

« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2015, 02:03:29 PM »
Bad model... Needs a spanking.
I think, therefore I am armed.
NRA Life Patron member, HRA Life member, HiFiCo Life Member, HDF member

The United States Constitution © 1791. All Rights Reserved.

macsak

« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2015, 02:08:51 PM »
That's the key. 

My responsibility stops where I can not affect the outcome.  If you know the model, photographer, or the vendor the model worked for, then you can affect FUTURE problems by communicating your concerns directly to them. 

I think too many people hold a belief that comments somehow are teaching new shooters the safety rules.  I doubt that ever happens.  No new shooters are viewing that instagram pic thinking, "If she can pose like that, then trigger finger position doesn't matter."   :crazy:

it's interesting that she was way more upset about the trigger finger comment than she was about someone saying they will "round house that ass"

spyd3r5rcr33p1

« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2015, 03:00:08 PM »
it's interesting that she was way more upset about the trigger finger comment than she was about someone saying they will "round house that ass"
She posted that comment. LoL.
Devil Dog, Yut Yut, Kill

macsak

« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2015, 03:36:41 PM »
She posted that comment. LoL.

she's gonna round house your ass?

paka808

« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2015, 04:20:10 PM »
she's gonna round house your ass?
lol,I'm going to use that on my workers,A you guys better hurry up or I'm gonna round house your ass`s.

Bota-CS1

« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2015, 04:29:03 PM »
lol,I'm going to use that on my workers,A you guys better hurry up or I'm gonna round house your ass`s.

Don't forget your Chuck Norris action jeans when you do it....
No one is coming, it’s up to us.

Legislation should never be about depriving law abiding citizens of something, but rather taking those things away from criminals.

new guy

« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2015, 04:34:03 PM »
« Last Edit: August 18, 2016, 02:44:34 PM by new guy »
Your mindset is your primary weapon. - Jeff Cooper

Aiea78

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Grab em by the handles
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2015, 04:34:50 PM »
City of Compton eh. 

That said I completely didn't see her!?!   Restart the show I like go back!
Assault Rifle? What I have here is an Anti-Assault Rifle.
Proud Member 2016 2a Day Dozen open holster carry crew yo

paka808

« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2015, 05:36:17 PM »
Maybe the "owner" did provide a thorough pre-show, gun safety education course, and the model simply forgot or ignored the education.

Not to stereotype, but I imagine that models are not always selected for their mental faculties... occasionally, I hear they are selected for their other... ah... more visually pleasing attributes.
I agree, just listen to her response..ill round house your ass. really don't give a fu#%..lol..not much running around in that brain, instead of brains she opted for the boobs, and butt.

edster48

« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2015, 06:20:37 PM »
I agree, just listen to her response..ill round house your ass. really don't give a fu#%..lol..not much running around in that brain, instead of brains she opted for the boobs, and butt.

BB in a boxcar.
 In ten years that ass will be 4 feet wide and the boobies will look like fruit rollups........
Always be yourself.
Unless you can be a pirate.
Then always be a pirate.

ren

« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2015, 06:40:38 PM »
that's their "model"  :rofl:
Oh my standards went down with IQ. :(
She thinks her hotness is > your trigger discipline and she responds with a very child-like answer for someone who looks like in their late 20s!
The firearms she is "modeling" are jokes. cheap ass optics and i dont know what gun is on her right?!
Looks like Comical-Con-Compton Chapter.
Deeds Not Words