Need info Sig P226 (Read 2326 times)

Bcspy

Need info Sig P226
« on: February 11, 2015, 04:40:36 PM »
Have a friend trying to sell his Sig P226. He said it's two tone. Mint condition, less than 500 round . Don't know to much as it's worth or model beside P226. Can someone point me to the right direction for info. From the pic it look polished side of the frame. More info collected. It's a 9mm Equinox in a blue case. Trying to get a reasonable price and will post it for sale.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2015, 10:09:39 AM by Bcspy »

Bcspy

Re: Need info Sig P226
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2015, 07:04:07 PM »
More info. Now just have to find out of its truly a rare find.

bozo

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2015, 08:20:03 PM »
I wish I could buy this.

Bcspy

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2015, 08:35:58 PM »
Alot of research and found out it's a P226 PME

I'm pretty sure it can't be a current-production Equinox.  The P226 Equinox is in .40 S&W only, and it comes standard with a fiber-optic/night front sight and Tritiums in back.

I remember reading on a forum a reference to a "kinda" Equinox that was manufactured before the present Equinox came out. The slide had the same polishing on the sides but not on the top of the slide, and didn't have the "Equinox" and have a"SIG Custom Shop" logos on the right side of the slide. Pretty interesting that not many was made and really no info on it.

Hi state

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2015, 01:17:27 PM »
it should have a manufactures date and description on the case that it came with. If not you might want to call up sig with the SN and see what they can tell you.
The equinox has silver controls on the pistol and also should say equinox on the slide. If I remember correctly  I do recall them having a small run on 9mm 226 equinox's a while back I believe that was a production error, so there were only limited amounts of them made but I don't think that's what you have there.