Cerakote? (Read 3129 times)

passivekinetic

Cerakote?
« on: March 28, 2015, 12:32:18 PM »
Aloha! Can you explain more about what Cerakote is and does?

Thanks.
"The sheep fear sheepdogs, because they fail to see the wolves."
- Anonymous

SpeedTek

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • Car Nut, Machinist, Gunsmith & Monkey
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
    • X-Ring on the WWW
Re: Cerakote?
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2015, 08:44:58 AM »
Ceramic coating.  Designed for firearm use primarily.  Very tough and durable when applied properly.  There is both air dry which is not as strong as the baked on. 
Political Correctness is FOS
I collect M1 Carbines, PM me if youre selling!
& Bolt Action 308s also 10/22 Rugers.
Buying STOCK Ruger 10/22 parts and bits, PM me.
Now doing Vintage VW Parts!

RookWorx

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Big Dick energy with that Buck Rodgers Swag!
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
    • RookCustoms
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2015, 04:47:24 PM »
Aloha! Can you explain more about what Cerakote is and does?

Thanks.

No Worries Passive Kinetic  :shaka:

-Cerakote is a ceramic based finish that can be applied to metals, plastics, polymers and wood. The unique formulation used for Cerakote ceramic coating enhances a number of physical performance properties including abrasion/wear resistance, corrosion resistance, chemical resistance, impact strength, and hardness.

-Each of these properties is rigorously tested to guarantee that Cerakote products remain at the forefront of the ceramic coatings market. Cerakote ceramic coatings utilize state-of-the-art technology to out-perform any competitive coating in both laboratory settings and real world applications.

-In the past it was solely found in the firearms industry as a gun coating…. but in recent years it has proven its self such that the Auto industry is now starting to also use its products.

You can check out this link for all of Cerkote's product testing!  http://www.cerakoteguncoatings.com/testing/
Respectfully,
J. Doherty
USMC
RookCustoms

passivekinetic

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2015, 08:20:11 PM »
Thanks guys. I guess I wasn't sure whether it is applied to the barrel for better rust prevention, or actually to the whole gun?
"The sheep fear sheepdogs, because they fail to see the wolves."
- Anonymous

RookWorx

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Big Dick energy with that Buck Rodgers Swag!
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
    • RookCustoms
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2015, 10:12:32 PM »
Thanks guys. I guess I wasn't sure whether it is applied to the barrel for better rust prevention, or actually to the whole gun?

Its used as a rust preventive and for customizing your shit! I would guess most guys choose it to make there firearms there own you know to enhance there badassery lol. Most factory finishes are perfectly fine for holding off rust. Every firearm company is different Glocks Tenifer finish is pretty tuff then there are companies like XD that seem to have finish problems. All in all though Cerekote is a way for you to customize your firearms and at the same time protect it form that harsh Hawaii weather. It can be applyed to just your metal parts or your whole gun if you choose! No Worries brother any more questions you send um over!
Respectfully,
J. Doherty
USMC
RookCustoms

stangzilla

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2015, 07:34:51 AM »
No Worries Passive Kinetic  :shaka:

-Cerakote is a ceramic based finish that can be applied to metals, plastics, polymers and wood. The unique formulation used for Cerakote ceramic coating enhances a number of physical performance properties including abrasion/wear resistance, corrosion resistance, chemical resistance, impact strength, and hardness.

-Each of these properties is rigorously tested to guarantee that Cerakote products remain at the forefront of the ceramic coatings market. Cerakote ceramic coatings utilize state-of-the-art technology to out-perform any competitive coating in both laboratory settings and real world applications.

-In the past it was solely found in the firearms industry as a gun coating…. but in recent years it has proven its self such that the Auto industry is now starting to also use its products.

You can check out this link for all of Cerkote's product testing!  http://www.cerakoteguncoatings.com/testing/

I have ceramic coating on the headers on my Mustang.  costs 100-200 more with the ceramic coating.
helps keep the underhood temps somewhat cooler, and keeps the headers looking like new a lot longer than without the coating, and helps with the longevity of the headers.
and looks good too.
same thing with the firearms.
you guys do good work!  :thumbsup: