Geissele Triggers - What's So Good About Them? (Read 15160 times)

aaronc5362

Re: Geissele Triggers - What's So Good About Them?
« Reply #40 on: July 15, 2018, 01:13:13 PM »
Good job bro. I mever had the chamce to try sd-c trigger. So i have no idea lol.

One thing to note. That i think everyone overlooked was being a self defense gun. Cops will still take it away. And there goes a nice 2 stage trigger. (This only applies if you do use your ar. I got other toys for SD.) Im pretty efficient in knife throwing :) and among other things.

Im mo legal expert but i see that happening. Pretty sure there been cases where modified glock triggers were the turning point of a case. Haha. Not in hawaii though. Pretty sure i read it in newsletters from various websites.

But yeah bro let us know bout your new trigger.

Good day!

drck1000

« Reply #41 on: July 15, 2018, 01:34:14 PM »
Good job bro. I mever had the chamce to try sd-c trigger. So i have no idea lol.

One thing to note. That i think everyone overlooked was being a self defense gun. Cops will still take it away. And there goes a nice 2 stage trigger. (This only applies if you do use your ar. I got other toys for SD.) Im pretty efficient in knife throwing :) and among other things.

Im mo legal expert but i see that happening. Pretty sure there been cases where modified glock triggers were the turning point of a case. Haha. Not in hawaii though. Pretty sure i read it in newsletters from various websites.

But yeah bro let us know bout your new trigger.

Good day!
I hear ya.  I have heard many folks express your concern and it seems to come up often about potentially having a high dollar gun seized.  Like a really nice 1911, SBR, etc.  If I were to need my AR or any other firearm to defend myself or loved one, that the cops will seize the firearm isn't really high on my considerations.  Yeah, it will certainly hurt to have the gun seized, but use to defend myself or loved ones is why I have them.

As for trigger modifications being a potential liability, that was one of the biggest reasons why I tended to stick to stock triggers for my main defense guns, like my Glock 17s.  Who knows what a prosecutor could try, but in speaking with one of my best friends, who is a former prosecutor, his opinion is that as long as the firearm and any accessory is legal, it shouldn't count against you.  Could something like a super hair trigger be argued that it made the gun less safe?  I can surely see that.  That said, the stated purpose of the SSA (and SD-C) is for LE and home defense as well as designed to be more forgiving (safer) for use in combat, while "allowing precise and accurate trigger control".  While better performance is the reason for trying the upgrade, it was designed with safety in mind.  Those aspects of the SSA trigger is what sold me on trying it. 

drck1000

« Reply #42 on: July 25, 2018, 07:29:59 AM »
Geissele may produce some great products, but holy hell are they slow.

I ordered the ambi CH on 2 July and it shipped today.  I mean there was a warning on the 4th of July sale that shipping might take a while due to the sale, but I ordered before all that.  I ordered my SSA I think on 7 July, I guess I'll get it in early August. 

I guess I'll keep an eye out for sales on other sites.  Like Brownells and Optics Planet.  Brownells had a sale on the SD-C around the same time and around the same price, but figured better to get direct from Geissele.  Guess not.  I've heard of folks calling them to complain and then the item is shipped out next day express with no charge. 

drck1000

« Reply #43 on: August 02, 2018, 07:47:48 AM »
My order for the SSA finally shipped yesterday.  Almost a month after the order.  While the sale was good, if I end up getting another Geissele product, I think I'll look for sales on one of their distributors.  Their rail took about 2 weeks to ship after the Memorial Day sale.  I mean they warned about delays in the 4th of July sale, but dayum. 

changemyoil66

« Reply #44 on: August 02, 2018, 08:29:33 AM »
My order for the SSA finally shipped yesterday.  Almost a month after the order.  While the sale was good, if I end up getting another Geissele product, I think I'll look for sales on one of their distributors.  Their rail took about 2 weeks to ship after the Memorial Day sale.  I mean they warned about delays in the 4th of July sale, but dayum.

Sorry to hear that. When I ordered on Black Friday and 4th of July, I received both products within 10 days.

drck1000

« Reply #45 on: August 02, 2018, 08:35:34 AM »
Sorry to hear that. When I ordered on Black Friday and 4th of July, I received both products within 10 days.
I think they had a warning on the site about possible shipping delays when ordering, so I was somewhat prepared.  I think it may have said something like up to 6 weeks (or it may have been 4).  They had that on the site when I ordered a rail from them in the Memorial Day sale and it shipped in 2 weeks.  I bought the rail because it was on sale and for a future gun, so no timeline.  Whereas I had hoped to have both the CH and trigger for a class.  That class and another range day came and went.  I understand that they are slammed, but I've also heard feedback about folks emailing them and giving them a line about "I knew about the potential shipping delay, but I really need the trigger for (X reason)" and that Geissele responded by getting it out via expedited shipping.  My first impression was that was great CS, but then what about all the others who aren't whining.  I guess I'm whining as well. . .

drck1000

« Reply #46 on: August 02, 2018, 10:50:57 AM »
Emailed Geissele to express frustration in the delay in shipping on the item that was ordered prior to their 4th of July sale.  I was pretty much just venting.  Anyways, received an email response pretty quickly apologizing for the delay in shipping and offered a credit for 20% off for the item that was ordered prior to the 4th of July sale.   :thumbsup:

Just something that I'll be aware of in future.  I'll likely wait until I see another sale to order the SD-C, and hopefully that will be on Brownells, Primary Arms, or another distributor. 

drck1000

« Reply #47 on: August 07, 2018, 07:30:22 AM »
The Geissele SSA arrived yesterday, but won't be able to install or shoot for a while since I'll be going out of town. . .

Still on the lookout for a sale on the SD-C, and haven't even installed the SSA yet. It's a sickness I tell ya. . .

changemyoil66

« Reply #48 on: August 07, 2018, 10:10:17 AM »
The Geissele SSA arrived yesterday, but won't be able to install or shoot for a while since I'll be going out of town. . .

Still on the lookout for a sale on the SD-C, and haven't even installed the SSA yet. It's a sickness I tell ya. . .

Ain't that a bitch.  Trigger takes long, so you call and they rush it.  Still can't install or shoot it.  Damn Murphy.

I installed my wifes ELF drop in.  And compared to the Geisselle, the drop in was way easier.  Since the Geissele comes in 2 parts and is under spring tension, I wore eyepro. 

drck1000

« Reply #49 on: August 07, 2018, 02:03:13 PM »
Ain't that a bitch.  Trigger takes long, so you call and they rush it.  Still can't install or shoot it.  Damn Murphy.

I installed my wifes ELF drop in.  And compared to the Geisselle, the drop in was way easier.  Since the Geissele comes in 2 parts and is under spring tension, I wore eyepro.
The trigger was shipped standard.  I emailed them after the trigger had shipped.  I had hoped the trigger would have been here for my last range day, but since they missed that, will probably be another 2-3 weeks until I will be able shoot rifles again.  But yeah, now I'm itching to try this new trigger.   

drck1000

« Reply #50 on: May 28, 2019, 02:06:25 PM »
Finally installed the SSA in my Colt and was able to shoot it this weekend in a training session where max target distance was maybe 25 yards.  Probably not the best environment to test differences between the SSA and the Colt USGI trigger, but I decided to give it a go.  Will definitely need more time with the Geissele.  The Colt USGI trigger that it replaced was actually quite good, or at least much crisper than my other USGI triggers.  I have an AR project in the works right now that is awaiting an LPVO and I think I will try the SD-C on that one. 

changemyoil66

« Reply #51 on: May 29, 2019, 12:35:34 PM »
His wifes company makes more milspec type trigers ALG.  And they're way cheaper than the SSA's.

Their handguards are ugly though.

I've noticed after shooting other peoples AR's that when shooting rapid fire under some stress (running), I couldn't tell the diff between a milspec and the SSA.

But for pistol, there is a huge diff.  The Apex trigger on my wifes M&P9C just goes off after shooting the VP9 for a while.

drck1000

« Reply #52 on: May 30, 2019, 09:01:25 AM »
His wifes company makes more milspec type trigers ALG.  And they're way cheaper than the SSA's.

Their handguards are ugly though.

I've noticed after shooting other peoples AR's that when shooting rapid fire under some stress (running), I couldn't tell the diff between a milspec and the SSA.

But for pistol, there is a huge diff.  The Apex trigger on my wifes M&P9C just goes off after shooting the VP9 for a while.
I tried the ALG QMS.  Though apples and oranges between the SSA/SD-C (two stage) and ALG lines. 

Never really looked at the ALG handguards, but they seem very utilitarian and less fluff.  The Geissele rails come with all sorts of stuff.  I didn't end up using their "bomb proof" gas block that came with it.  A $50 part. 

For the courses of fire that I shot with the SSA last weekend, yeah, nothing really jumped out at me glaringly different while shooting.  I am looking forward to trying out another SSA and an SD-C on a couple of new builds, especially the one paired with the LPVO.  I did notice that the reset is quite different between the SSA and Colt USGI.  Not good or bad.  Just different. 

I almost ordered another SD-C in a Memorial Day sale as well as their Rem 700 trigger.  I held off as I'll be super busy for work and going out of town.  By the time things calm down, will be just in time for the 4th of July sales.  ;D

drck1000

« Reply #53 on: November 13, 2019, 04:42:07 PM »
Haven't updated in a while.  Anyways, I now currently have the SSA in a Colt with EoTech EXPS and the SD-C in a BCM with the LPVO.  Will be shooting the BCM in a carbine course this coming weekend and will be a good test for that.  Shooting from the bench, didn't really notice flat face of the SD-C.  I went a little nuts lately and have another SSA and SD-C waiting to go into another Colt with CompM5.  Will see how the carbine course this weekend goes and see which one gets installed. 

WTF?Shane

« Reply #54 on: November 13, 2019, 08:46:07 PM »
Haven't updated in a while.  Anyways, I now currently have the SSA in a Colt with EoTech EXPS and the SD-C in a BCM with the LPVO.  Will be shooting the BCM in a carbine course this coming weekend and will be a good test for that.  Shooting from the bench, didn't really notice flat face of the SD-C.  I went a little nuts lately and have another SSA and SD-C waiting to go into another Colt with CompM5.  Will see how the carbine course this weekend goes and see which one gets installed.

Who is teaching these courses? I might be interested in the future.

changemyoil66

« Reply #55 on: November 13, 2019, 09:59:27 PM »
Who is teaching these courses? I might be interested in the future.
Bring the tennis raquette.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

changemyoil66

« Reply #56 on: November 14, 2019, 12:57:23 PM »
Maybe it's just me but i've noticed that only when I'm shooting from a bench or testing a trigger, can I tell the difference.  When doing a class, I'm moving to much and the blood is pumping so can't tell diff between Geiselle and milspec.

drck1000

« Reply #57 on: November 17, 2019, 04:02:03 PM »
After using the SD-C over the weekend, my "spare" SD-C will be going into my Aimpoint setup.  I can't say I noticed a real big difference between the SSA and the SD-C, but it's what I like so far and have seen some excellent results with the LPVO. 

Can I tell a difference between the USGI and the SSA and SD-C?  Definitely.  I had spent a lot of time learning with the USGI trigger and am happy that I've ventured into the Geissele triggers.