On "The Pill?" Know Someone Who Is? You Should Watch This. (Read 413 times)

Flapp_Jackson

On "The Pill?" Know Someone Who Is? You Should Watch This.
« on: March 25, 2024, 05:35:13 PM »
A truck load of facts and common sense.   :thumbsup: :geekdanc:

"How can you diagnose someone with an obsessive-compulsive disorder
and then act as though I had some choice about barging in?"
-- Melvin Udall

Jaco808

Re: On "The Pill?" Know Someone Who Is? You Should Watch This.
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2024, 02:42:36 PM »
That's why we have condoms and abortion.  Personally I still support the pill usage.  Works and it's safe for most. 

macsak

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2024, 03:42:41 PM »
cool story,  bro...

That's why we have condoms and abortion.  Personally I still support the pill usage.  Works and it's safe for most.

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2024, 05:58:06 PM »

Thanks, Dr. Jaco.

My younger daughter listened to her doctor and was prescribed the "safe and effective" pill around her senior year in HS.

After 3-4 years of suffering all kinds of anxiety and other similar issues, her doctor finally tried taking her off the pill.

Within 2 months, her mood was back to normal, and she was on a different form of BC.

BTW, we had condoms before the pill, so no, that's not why we have condoms.

And abortion is not in the same ballpark as all other forms of birth control.  Before RU-48, it was the only method of terminating a pregnancy, whereas all other forms prevented pregnancy.  Not that difficult to see the difference -- prevention vs. termination.

-- Melvin Udall

Jaco808

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2024, 01:03:32 PM »
Thanks, Dr. Jaco.

My younger daughter listened to her doctor and was prescribed the "safe and effective" pill around her senior year in HS.

After 3-4 years of suffering all kinds of anxiety and other similar issues, her doctor finally tried taking her off the pill.

Within 2 months, her mood was back to normal, and she was on a different form of BC.

BTW, we had condoms before the pill, so no, that's not why we have condoms.

And abortion is not in the same ballpark as all other forms of birth control.  Before RU-48, it was the only method of terminating a pregnancy, whereas all other forms prevented pregnancy.  Not that difficult to see the difference -- prevention vs. termination.

And I know plenty of people who had no issues or benefitted.  Some with hormone issues.   It's a women's choice in the end.  Including using abortion as birth control. 

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2024, 02:47:58 PM »
And I know plenty of people who had no issues or benefitted.  Some with hormone issues.   It's a women's choice in the end.  Including using abortion as birth control.

It's not a woman's choice when their doctors, prompted by big pharma, withhold critical information on the potential side effects -- which are not as rare as they have mislead women to believe.

And again, abortion isn't "birth control" as it has been traditionally defined, which is contraceptives -- i.e. preventing pregnancy. 

Abortion, on the other hand, is population control whether the mother, health insurance, or the gov't pays for it.  Do some research into the founding of Planned Parenthood.

But, this is about the pill, not abortion.  Let's not go down that rabbit hole unless you want to start another thread of your own.

Did you watch the entire video?  This is not about choice.  It's about INFORMED choice. 

This is an example of the "leaflet" that accompanies one brand of BC pill -- which the patient never sees until after the pill is prescribed by her doctor and the pharmacist fills the prescription.  How is that making sure the patient is informed prior to consenting to starting the pill?  Most people will never bother to read that entire thing, so they rely solely on people like you who "know plenty of people who had no issues or benefitted" as well as their healthcare professional's opinion.

Have we forgotten about the opioid epidemic?  The medical and drug industries are far from infallible -- or trustworthy when there's billion$ on the table to be made.
-- Melvin Udall

Jaco808

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2024, 02:53:32 PM »
It's not a woman's choice when their doctors, prompted by big pharma, withhold critical information on the potential side effects -- which are not as rare as they have mislead women to believe.

And again, abortion isn't "birth control" as it has been traditionally defined, which is contraceptives -- i.e. preventing pregnancy. 

Abortion, on the other hand, is population control whether the mother, health insurance, or the gov't pays for it.  Do some research into the founding of Planned Parenthood.

But, this is about the pill, not abortion.  Let's not go down that rabbit hole unless you want to start another thread of your own.

Did you watch the entire video?  This is not about choice.  It's about INFORMED choice. 

This is an example of the "leaflet" that accompanies one brand of BC pill -- which the patient never sees until after the pill is prescribed by her doctor and the pharmacist fills the prescription.  How is that making sure the patient is informed prior to consenting to starting the pill?  Most people will never bother to read that entire thing, so they rely solely on people like you who "know plenty of people who had no issues or benefitted" as well as their healthcare professional's opinion.

Have we forgotten about the opioid epidemic?  The medical and drug industries are far from infallible -- or trustworthy when there's billion$ on the table to be made.

No matter how informed or not informed its still a free choice.  People can choose to learn more.   There will always be two sides to a coin.  I fully support planned parenthood.  Using their services is also a free choice.   Past =/= present. This is America,  be free.   

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2024, 03:10:31 PM »
No matter how informed or not informed its still a free choice.  People can choose to learn more.   There will always be two sides to a coin.  I fully support planned parenthood.  Using their services is also a free choice.   Past =/= present. This is America,  be free.

You really don't get it, do you?

Healthcare professionals are licensed by states for a reason.  They must abide by certain standards of ethics to ensure they are helping people and not hurting them.  In the case of the pill, women are being hurt because they are not being given enough information to decide for themselves.  They are relying on the advice of their doctors instead of making an informed choice themselves.  in other words, doctors and drug manufacturers are making those choices for women by keeping them in the dark.

When you rely on the advice of your doctor, you expect it to be a better informed recommendation than you could make on your own -- i.e. you are not a doctor. 

I guess in your mind, getting scammed by a con artist is the epitome of freedom of choice.
-- Melvin Udall

Jaco808

« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2024, 05:18:58 PM »
You really don't get it, do you?

Healthcare professionals are licensed by states for a reason.  They must abide by certain standards of ethics to ensure they are helping people and not hurting them.  In the case of the pill, women are being hurt because they are not being given enough information to decide for themselves.  They are relying on the advice of their doctors instead of making an informed choice themselves.  in other words, doctors and drug manufacturers are making those choices for women by keeping them in the dark.

When you rely on the advice of your doctor, you expect it to be a better informed recommendation than you could make on your own -- i.e. you are not a doctor. 

I guess in your mind, getting scammed by a con artist is the epitome of freedom of choice.

I disagree with it being a scam.   Most of my ex's were on the pill and had no issues some it even helped.   Just cause one video says it's bad doesn't mean much.   In the end it's up to the individual to decide.   If you don't like your doctor,  find another. 

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2024, 09:37:36 PM »
I disagree with it being a scam.   Most of my ex's were on the pill and had no issues some it even helped.   Just cause one video says it's bad doesn't mean much.   In the end it's up to the individual to decide.   If you don't like your doctor,  find another.

Did you even watch the video?  This is not the opinion of one person doing a video.

-- Melvin Udall

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2024, 09:45:14 PM »

Show me where I said The Pill is a "scam."

i didn't post this to argue.  You believe it's not true -- however you define "it" -- and I'm posting the info for it's potential benefit to anyone wanting to actually take this seriously. 

if you want to argue over the video content, then you should go to Brett Cooper's YT channel and post how much you disagree with all the content she collected for that video topic.

Here's how she introduced the video:
"The Washington Post" released an article on how influencers are spreading
"misinformation" about birth control and helping women get off of it. I had the
distinct honor of being mentioned in this article. It was actually really gross
journalism. Here's why.
-- Melvin Udall

aletheuo137

« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2024, 08:36:19 AM »
cool story,  bro...
You need to hire some new writers for you material!

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk

macsak

« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2024, 09:09:32 AM »
heads

You need to hire some new writers for you material!

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2024, 11:43:57 AM »
-- Melvin Udall