force on force training/simunition (Read 10775 times)

Veurs1911

force on force training/simunition
« on: March 20, 2015, 05:09:31 PM »
Is there any place that teaches force on force training? that teaches with simunition or even with airsoft but also includes live fire training?  ???
"rather be judged by 12, then carried by 6"

"better to have one and not need it, than to need one and not have it"

"know guns, no crime, no guns, know crime"

paka808

Re: force on force training/simunition
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2015, 05:35:08 PM »
I watched force on force training on you tube, looks like jiu jitsu to me.

dirtylickins

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • I carry a gun... Cause carrying a cop is too heavy
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2015, 07:00:03 PM »
Is there any place that teaches force on force training? that teaches with simunition or even with airsoft but also includes live fire training?  ???
stop by the Hdf booth at the gun show. Say hi. See what we can do

Q

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2015, 12:43:33 AM »
« Last Edit: February 25, 2021, 10:26:58 PM by Q »

Surf

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2015, 08:14:59 AM »
Are you talking about on island or anywhere?  I can suggest some places on the mainland.  Be very aware of the training or instructors when taking FoF courses.  You probably know this already but there is a huge difference in teaching firearms and marksmanship as opposed to good tactics and combatives when it comes to deploying weapons.  The problem is there are many who teach this topic that don't understand that point and shouldn't be teaching it.     

dirtylickins

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • I carry a gun... Cause carrying a cop is too heavy
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2015, 10:40:59 PM »
Tangi

Kingkeoni

« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2015, 11:48:29 PM »
stop by the Hdf booth at the gun show. Say hi. See what we can do

What?

He plans to light him up with sims as soon as he introduces himself.
Your number one Option for Personal Security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.

Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty.

Veurs1911

« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2015, 02:10:14 AM »
lol i had work today and couldn't make it and good thing too! haha JK! well i would have an easier time finding a credible one on the mainland since there are some big companies out there, but i was looking for local and credible instructor as well, its one thing learning marksmanship and shooting, but all the tactics ive tried studying and what not i cant even apply beyond a draw and learning to pie corners in my house, i see force on force like a test of wits and a test of what you learn from marksmanship and whatever classes you can take, its one thing shooting at targets, its another when you're put in an encounter or some home invasion scenario and you have love ones in the home. from what i only hear about from other accounts, its a real humbling experience

zippz

« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2015, 07:35:28 PM »
I think the biggest thing to learn and train is being able to work under stress.
Join the Hawaii Firearms Coalition at www.hifico.org.  Hawaii's new non-profit gun rights organization focused on lobbying and grassroots activism.

Hawaii Shooting Calendar - https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?src=practicalmarksman.com_btllod1boifgpp8dcjnbnruhso%40group.calendar.google.com&ctz=Pacific/Honolulu

Jl808

« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2015, 08:19:21 PM »
Not exactly real firearms training but what about joining an airsoft or paintball club? 
I think, therefore I am armed.
NRA Life Patron member, HRA Life member, HiFiCo Life Member, HDF member

The United States Constitution © 1791. All Rights Reserved.

Veurs1911

« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2015, 12:41:41 AM »
well I did that already, not into paintball cause the lack of realism, Airsoft was fun using tactics and being able to know what works and what doesn't with the way your load out is set up and how to set up your weapons, but I need some real simulation based on real world possibilities, I do miss playing airsoft though but yeah, its not just tactics by itself, I need to understand shoot, no shoot scenarios, and be able to work under heavy stress, its not the same stress as bbs flying over your head, unless its milsim, :D that's hella fun but still its more of a sport than something i'm able to apply to everyday life besides the tactics, I think airsoft is a really viable training tool especially weapon manipulations and tactics.

Jl808

« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2015, 07:37:33 AM »
You should seek out these martial arts experts called SulSa De Corps somewhere in the mainland.  They have these "high velocity air pistol technology" in their tactical classes that might fit what you are looking for....

:worship: :worship: :worship:

http://www.blackbelts.us/busat/index.cfm?page=4

Jl808

« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2015, 07:45:36 AM »
Sorry... didn't mean to derail your thread. 

What kind of training scenarios are you thinking about?  urban?  jungle?

I've thought about picking up gas-blow back 30-round air softs to play / practice with.  But with little kids about, I am sticking to the laserlyte for now. 

Drakiir84

« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2015, 08:16:35 AM »
Sulsa do Corps ROLL OUT!

Anyways airsoft is fun and all, started playing in 2000 or 2001, the problem is that when you know there's no danger of death you stop playing from a training/tactical mindset and just play to have fun.  Doing stuff like charging a full room to see how many guys you can take out.  "Tactical rolling" to take out a guy behind cover.  Charging across the field to get behind the enemy then seeing how close you can get to them before taking them out, my personal best was shooting three squids on shore leave execution style.... well in the neck.... because it hurts more.  The point is... well idk what my point was, I just want simulation gear lol, the real legit stuff.  Playing airsoft with kids running around with 300 round magazines is just silly.
"The rifle is a weapon. Let there be no mistake about that. It is a tool of power, and thus dependent completely upon the moral stature of its user. It is equally useful in securing meat for the table, destroying group enemies on the battlefield, and resisting tyranny. In fact, it is the only means of resisting tyranny, since a citizenry armed with rifles simply cannot be tyrannized."
-Jeff Cooper

Jl808

« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2015, 09:19:29 AM »
What about starting your own airsoft club for the purpose of FOF practice? 

Gas blow backs, 10 round pistol, 30 round rifle, instant death / kills only?

There might be some like-minded people here interested in such a group.  Such a group may already exist locally?

Tom_G

« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2015, 03:14:15 PM »
Doesn't Master Bob Smith offer FoF locally?
The difference between theory and reality is that, in theory, there is no difference between theory and reality.

Antithesis

« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2015, 06:08:31 PM »
What about starting your own airsoft club for the purpose of FOF practice? 

Gas blow backs, 10 round pistol, 30 round rifle, instant death / kills only?

There might be some like-minded people here interested in such a group.  Such a group may already exist locally?

I'd be down for that.  I've always been looking for a milsim airsoft group in Hawaii, but all the local fields play full auto and highcaps. 
"Si vis pacem, para bellum"
If you wish for peace, prepare for war

Veurs1911

« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2015, 08:00:23 PM »
yup, i joined HGBBC a while ago but never have time to play, plus its far from where i live, i only use gas blowbacks, i actually use to work as a tech at kapolei airsoft for a short time... im a gbb person though, my LM4/m4a1 set up like how my real rifle is and pistols and plate carriers etc... airsoft changed alot from 2001, not that i would know but now its getting super advance and the realism is improving, but no matter how much you don't have that risk factor or simulation, even with milsim theres rambos charging in rooms, without any consequence besides being shot with bbs, they just respawn and game on.. i wanted to learn more urban tactics as well as jungle sounds good seeing as were on an island, I actually wanted a version of airsoft with simunition to be a real sport that combined best of both worlds and teams from all countries compete, using tactics and simunition, that sounds hella fun and it hurts pretty bad too getting hit, so theres some intensity to it, just imagine a big arena or somewhere similar to where milsim events are held, or smaller like a maze

eyeeatingfish

« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2015, 10:25:26 AM »
What kind of scenarios did you have in mind? High stress shooting, legality issues, tactical moving?

Q

« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2015, 06:02:54 PM »
« Last Edit: February 26, 2021, 07:57:28 PM by Q »