Chickens and baby chickens and roosters (Read 570 times)

aaronc5362

Chickens and baby chickens and roosters
« on: March 27, 2024, 03:54:32 PM »
Does anyone here want chickens, roosters, baby chickens?

I really dont want to kill them. I'm hoping someone maybe has a farm and want them. But it would be nice of they are going to a good home .. I think i just saw 8-10 baby chickens. They are adorable. Lol.

My neighbor who moved away brought a hen home. And I jave free roaming cats. So I just fed the hen. 1 day a friggin rooster showed up out of nowhere.
They are multiplying alot. And I'm getting irritated lol.

hvybarrels

Re: Chickens and baby chickens and roosters
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2024, 08:02:13 PM »
They sound like the wild ones. Don't worry in a few days you start finding little fuzzballs around the yard as most of them die off. Rarely do more than 2 or 3 make it to sexual maturity.
“Wars happen when the government tells you who the enemy is. Revolutions happen when you figure it out for yourselves.”

aaronc5362

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2024, 05:22:46 AM »
They sound like the wild ones. Don't worry in a few days you start finding little fuzzballs around the yard as most of them die off. Rarely do more than 2 or 3 make it to sexual maturity.

You spund well versed in chickens. Want them all? 😂 free. I really want someone who will yake care of them and not eat them haha.
I like animals.

I already calles humane society. No bueno.

Yea my dumbass neighbor got the hen first. But since they moved they left the chicken and since I feed cats in my garage she been coming here to eat. Then a rooster showed up out of nowhere. Like a big ass one. They had 2 kids bout a couple months ago. 1 hen and 1 rooster. Fucking irraz. I didnt see the original hen for a week or so so I thought maybe it got killed. Then just yesterday I saw 8 to 10 little ones running behind the original hen. My other neighbors are pretty cool with the cats now but I doubt he gonna like more roosters crowing at midnight. Those fakas. Oh and the cats I feed were from my neighbor a few houses down who saves them. None were from me bringing them home lol.

QUIETShooter

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2024, 10:56:23 AM »
You know what is interesting that there are chickens all over the place now.  My wife works in Halawa Valley and years ago her boss started raising chickens.

Now Iwaena St. has chickens all over the place.  I like to joke to my wife that the chickens that are all over Oahu today are from her damn boss, LOL! :rofl:

I told myself no way will chickens ever exist in Mililani.  Guess what........

I wonder if the Humane Society can neuter Rooster's throats like how they neuter dogs and cats.  That would be wonderful and then I wouldn't mind chickens so much.

I think they are cute and cool but damn those fricken roosters.
Sometimes you gotta know when to save your bullets.

drck1000

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2024, 11:01:43 AM »
I live near the Blaisdell and I used to hear one at like 4 am doing his thing. yeah, "fukcing irras" for sure!

Rocky

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2024, 01:15:37 PM »

"My neighbor who moved away brought a hen home"
Feral or purchased ?
Breed ?

"Delete" the rooster and no more chicks

Stop feeding the feral cats !  :grrr:
“I ask you to judge me by the enemies I have made.”
                                                           Franklin D. Roosevelt

oldfart

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2024, 03:53:23 PM »
I used to have chickens by my house....
What, Me Worry?

QUIETShooter

« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2024, 06:46:37 PM »
Make chicken papaya soup with the rooster(s).  The meat of the rooster is not like the conventional fryer chicken you buy at the supermarket.  The meat is firm, lean, and tough.

You gotta cook the rooster low and slow.  With plenty of green papaya.  Papaya has natural acids that break down the sinew of the meat.

The meat ends up lean but very tender, kinda looks like shredded kalua pig.  Very ono.  Very broke da mout.....

I know because small kid time my Ta-Ta uncle used to make chicken papaya or more accurately rooster papaya soup when his fighting cock lost at the chicken fight.

I dunno if he won more than he lost (mom wouldn't let us go with him to the fights) but we did have plenty of chicken papaya meals. :rofl:
Sometimes you gotta know when to save your bullets.

aaronc5362

« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2024, 12:07:01 AM »
You know what is interesting that there are chickens all over the place now.  My wife works in Halawa Valley and years ago her boss started raising chickens.

Now Iwaena St. has chickens all over the place.  I like to joke to my wife that the chickens that are all over Oahu today are from her damn boss, LOL! :rofl:

I told myself no way will chickens ever exist in Mililani.  Guess what........

I wonder if the Humane Society can neuter Rooster's throats like how they neuter dogs and cats.  That would be wonderful and then I wouldn't mind chickens so much.

I think they are cute and cool but damn those fricken roosters.

Yea I called humane society and they dont. Lol. Online says to put a rubber band to prevent them from enlarging their throat. I aint getting near it. His spikes are huge lol.

aaronc5362

« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2024, 12:15:40 AM »

"My neighbor who moved away brought a hen home"
Feral or purchased ?
Breed ?

"Delete" the rooster and no more chicks

Stop feeding the feral cats !  :grrr:

Hahaha never!!!

Hehe I actually hated cats up until I met my last exgf. I got a rotty when I was 1 years old for my bday and was strictly a dog lover. Had 4 more doggie til I moved out of my parents house.
But cats are awesome too. I live in pauoa. And I got zero roaches and centipedes. I do have an agreement with the state to let me feed the feral kitties. I spay and neuter when I have time. I pay out of my own pocket when the state doesnt fund the free one to humane society. I rescue / foster/ find new homes for the ones that are friendly. It would help if people stop dumping cats and dogs everywhere.

Met a couple cute girls who feed feral cats too 😂😂😂

Almost got into a couple fights too. Damn haoles think imma back down. Hopped an 8 foot fence then the guy ran away😂 never bothered me since. And no, I never expressed my 2a rights. Just old school hands like the good ol days.

Sorry Idk the breed of chicken. Its white and black tho. I have no idea if they purchased or what. Just saw it in their yard and saw them throw food to feed her. Then when they left it came to my yard/garage and me other neighbor.

oldfart

« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2024, 03:28:40 PM »
If you don't know how to clean a bird to cook, you have a good opportunity to learn now. It is useful knowledge. Like growing some stuff in the yard and eating it. MARE
(Meal Almost Ready to Eat)
What, Me Worry?

oldfart

« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2024, 03:42:30 PM »
What, Me Worry?

hvybarrels

« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2024, 05:56:17 PM »
Thanks for the offer but introducing new birds to the flock is how diseases get spread
“Wars happen when the government tells you who the enemy is. Revolutions happen when you figure it out for yourselves.”