Careful what you post if it makes fun of Democrats (Read 588 times)

Flapp_Jackson

Careful what you post if it makes fun of Democrats
« on: April 13, 2024, 11:00:07 AM »
He's facing 7 months in prison for sharing a meme someone else made.

We've all seen (and shared?) jokes about one party voting on Tuesday and the other voting on Wednesday to avoid massive lines.

It's an understood joke that's been going around for several general election cycles -- probably ever since email and FB started.

IMO, if someone is stupid enough to believe these obvious jokes, they are too stupid to vote.  But, maybe that's just me ....

"How can you diagnose someone with an obsessive-compulsive disorder
and then act as though I had some choice about barging in?"
-- Melvin Udall

eyeeatingfish

Re: Careful what you post if it makes fun of Democrats
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2024, 11:19:44 PM »
This is an interesting case. Where do we draw the line between speech and voter disenfranchisement.

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2024, 12:06:40 AM »
This is an interesting case. Where do we draw the line between speech and voter disenfranchisement.

Says the man who can't tell a joke!

:rofl: :rofl:
-- Melvin Udall

macsak

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2024, 07:13:44 AM »
nor use a question mark

eyeeatingfish

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2024, 10:55:41 PM »

Says the man who can't take a joke.

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2024, 10:56:36 PM »
Says the man who can't take a joke.

I would if you ever told one.
-- Melvin Udall

changemyoil66

« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2024, 12:04:56 PM »

Do you draw the line at the same spot that states red flag law is constitutional?

If you do, then of course the hearing is in Brooklyn with a TDS justice system, cause they need that in order to push this. Even though the crime wasn't committed in Brooklyn, but traveled via the internet to Brooklyn.  I mean, might as well go to the UN cause the internet is world wide and someone must have seen the meme in Dubai.

Of course, this doesn't violate free speech because someone somewhere was harmed immediately.

Of course this has a credible witness because there it's OK to remain anonyms cause the witness may get harassed online.  Guess this is the same level as ISIS witnesses who come forward about a terrorist plot.

Of course there's intent because memes are known to be very serious and 100% accurate as everyone should believe every meme they see, BRB, I saw a meme about hot MILFS who want me in a 1 mile radius. I'm gonna go look for these hot MILFS who want me.

Of course he's getting a fair trial because after 3 days and 2 hung jury's the judge told them to go back and think harder about their chocie.  I mean, who wants to go home over a BS case.

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2024, 02:18:28 PM »
Do you draw the line at the same spot that states red flag law is constitutional?

If you do, then of course the hearing is in Brooklyn with a TDS justice system, cause they need that in order to push this. Even though the crime wasn't committed in Brooklyn, but traveled via the internet to Brooklyn.  I mean, might as well go to the UN cause the internet is world wide and someone must have seen the meme in Dubai.

Of course, this doesn't violate free speech because someone somewhere was harmed immediately.

Of course this has a credible witness because there it's OK to remain anonyms cause the witness may get harassed online.  Guess this is the same level as ISIS witnesses who come forward about a terrorist plot.

Of course there's intent because memes are known to be very serious and 100% accurate as everyone should believe every meme they see, BRB, I saw a meme about hot MILFS who want me in a 1 mile radius. I'm gonna go look for these hot MILFS who want me.

Of course he's getting a fair trial because after 3 days and 2 hung jury's the judge told them to go back and think harder about their choice.  I mean, who wants to go home over a BS case.

For every act of voter fraud, and there have been lots over the last 6 years, a voter who wanted a different outcome was disenfranchised.

Yet, the mantra is always "those votes would not have changed the election results."  Does that even matter?  My vote may have been voided by an illegal ballot.  It doesn't matter who won or lost.  It's disenfranchisement.

But, "memes" ....
-- Melvin Udall

eyeeatingfish

« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2024, 11:11:19 PM »

Of course he's getting a fair trial because after 3 days and 2 hung jury's the judge told them to go back and think harder about their chocie.  I mean, who wants to go home over a BS case.

When you post a serious consideration of the issue we can discuss it further.

changemyoil66

« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2024, 08:38:45 AM »
When you post a serious consideration of the issue we can discuss it further.

Someone doesn't like the game.

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2024, 10:07:13 AM »

He does, but only if he gets to make the rules.
-- Melvin Udall

eyeeatingfish

« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2024, 10:47:41 PM »

I do board games and computer games, not your debate games.

changemyoil66

« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2024, 08:48:42 AM »
I do board games and computer games, not your debate games.

So, only YOUR debate games.  Understood. That's not very objective.

eyeeatingfish

« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2024, 09:27:45 PM »
So, only YOUR debate games.  Understood. That's not very objective.

If beating you at debating counts as a game then I guess I do play games with you. Don't worry, I am sure you will win one of these days

changemyoil66

« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2024, 08:30:27 AM »
If beating you at debating counts as a game then I guess I do play games with you. Don't worry, I am sure you will win one of these days

Back to Jeanism I see.

ren

« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2024, 12:22:01 PM »
Back to Jeanism I see.

So dumb. Debate games on a 2a forum. Suggest a match. iPSC, USPSA etc. Or is the range too far, barrel too hot for one of you...
Deeds Not Words

hvybarrels

« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2024, 12:27:30 PM »
So dumb. Debate games on a 2a forum. Suggest a match. iPSC, USPSA etc. Or is the range too far, barrel too hot for one of you...

I say let them meme fight, and whoever end up in prison is on the right side of history.
“Wars happen when the government tells you who the enemy is. Revolutions happen when you figure it out for yourselves.”