XS Sight Systems? (Read 2510 times)

Inspector

XS Sight Systems?
« on: June 24, 2012, 05:16:23 PM »
Does anyone here have any experience with the XS Sight System 24/7 Big Dot Express sights for handguns? My eyes are not as good as they used to be and this sight system was recommended to me based on an article a friend of mine read. I am thinking about installing these on my Glock 17. They look like exactly what I am looking for. I hope there is someone here who has tried them and has some opinion of them.

http://www.xssights.com/index.php?nID=sights&cID=Sights&pID=sights&sID=handgun

Here is a link to the page.

If they work well on my Glock I might put them on my Sig P228 and my S&W Revolver.

Thanks!!!  :shaka:
SCIENCE THAT CAN’T BE QUESTIONED IS PROPAGANDA!!!

Kingkeoni

Re: XS Sight Systems?
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2012, 06:07:50 PM »
I've used them.

They're great for speed work but not for accuracy work.

I, like you, don't see as well as I used to and have tried dozens of different options to help the eyes out.

What worked best for me are the TruGlo TFO sights.

They're Tritium and Fiber Optic together so they glow bright in any lighting condition. The color scheme I chose is green front and yellow rear. This worked best for me. I have a few different sight setups on a few different guns.
You're welcome to try them out to see what works best for you.
We can do a review of different sights for aging eyes.
Your number one Option for Personal Security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.

Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty.

Inspector

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2012, 05:48:51 AM »
I've used them.

They're great for speed work but not for accuracy work.

I, like you, don't see as well as I used to and have tried dozens of different options to help the eyes out.

What worked best for me are the TruGlo TFO sights.

They're Tritium and Fiber Optic together so they glow bright in any lighting condition. The color scheme I chose is green front and yellow rear. This worked best for me. I have a few different sight setups on a few different guns.
You're welcome to try them out to see what works best for you.
We can do a review of different sights for aging eyes.
Hey Keoni,

That sounds good to me. If I can try out some sights without spending any cash first that would be great! And we can write up a review. First thing I can say is Glock stock sights SUCK!!! I'll check out the sights you recommended. I might try one set on my Glock and another on my Sig. Let me know when you are available.

Pit808

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2012, 05:19:12 PM »
I have the non tritium  xs on my G36. Cant remember if they are the big or standard dot? You are welcome to check them out whenever.  I haven't shot it enough to say if I like them or not. My eyes do pick up and focus on the front sight quicker than 3dot.
chitty chitty bang bang.......

Inspector

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2012, 06:56:51 PM »
I have the non tritium  xs on my G36. Cant remember if they are the big or standard dot? You are welcome to check them out whenever.  I haven't shot it enough to say if I like them or not. My eyes do pick up and focus on the front sight quicker than 3dot.
Thanks for the offer Pit. I will take you up on it for sure. I ordered some other sights for my Glock for right now and will try them out first. I want to try the XS Sights and if I like them I will put them on my Sig.