Ultimak and primary arms micro dot info for those interested. (Read 3880 times)

Pit808

So I Ultimak'd my AMD 65 and picked up a Primary arms micro dot (fixed base).  Went with the PA because of price and I had one in the past with no probs. 
The ultimak was a little more of a PITA to install than expected due to the AMD's handguard not wanting to fit over the clamps, then not wanting to let the retainer on.  After some F bombs and a couple of C clamps, it all worked out.
I mounted the PA micro fixed and it co-witnessed right at the top of the front pin  :thumbsup:
I like this dot because the "on" dial works in both directions.  You can either turn one click and have lowest setting or the other direction and have the brightest.  IIRC my older version had to be cranked up from dim to bright.
I haven't had a chance to bust a cap with her, but so far I like the setup.

:shaka:
chitty chitty bang bang.......

Kingkeoni

Re: Ultimak and primary arms micro dot info for those interested.
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2012, 11:14:31 PM »
AK day on Sunday is the perfect opportunity to devirginize your sweety.

I like that setup a lot. I've got a couple AK's set up like that.

Did you buy the Ultimak specifically for the AMD?

The regular AK one fits wrong on AMD's.
Your number one Option for Personal Security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.

Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty.

Pit808

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2012, 11:28:24 PM »
yup, had to get the shorter gas tube version for the AMD.

Sunday huh? at the rifle range?
Damn that's a early wake up from the west........

Kingkeoni

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2012, 11:44:56 PM »
yup, had to get the shorter gas tube version for the AMD.

Sunday huh? at the rifle range?
Damn that's a early wake up from the west........

Early schmerly, you'll love AK day.  :thumbsup:
Your number one Option for Personal Security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.

Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty.

ibuytoys

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2012, 05:33:04 AM »
Looking good!! 

The only issue we've had so far with a Primary Arms unit was with a reflex type slide on a Glock.  The glass kept popping out even on the 2nd site.  We sent it back and they issued a credit, no questions asked.

astroboy

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2012, 02:41:26 PM »
That is a nice set up on your amd pit. I installed the UTG mount on mine. It sits higher and as a result you cannot cowitness the iron sights unless you remove the optics. Just like you and others on this site I am a big fan of the amd.

Pit808

« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2012, 03:35:25 PM »
Looking good!! 

The only issue we've had so far with a Primary Arms unit was with a reflex type slide on a Glock.  The glass kept popping out even on the 2nd site.  We sent it back and they issued a credit, no questions asked.

I was thinking of picking up one of those to put on a MI rear sight sks mount. I'm guessing it should be OK because it won't get the same shock of riding a glock slide....?????
We'll see I guess. First i gotta wait for them to be back in stock....