I want to make an AR pistol with a welded magazine (Read 27088 times)

suka

Re: I want to make an AR pistol with a welded magazine
« Reply #40 on: September 06, 2016, 11:06:10 PM »
Talked to the Sergeant today he explain the process to me. He told me that if I weld it its non transferable. He said if it is not fully assembled and it's just the lower and mag I can keep trying till it is acceptable and it will not be confiscated. It must be welded all around the mag the mag catch dosent have to be welded but must be tested with out the mag catch.
Ar 15 is not readily convertible 2 full auto. Hawaii state does not define readily convertible. The federal government has and according to them and AR-15 without the hole for the full auto peice not readily convertible.

I still don't understand where in HRS is it non transferable? Perhaps you can ask them (Sgt.) that.

All firearms can be transferred, even Home Made firearms !

suka

« Reply #41 on: September 06, 2016, 11:09:58 PM »
The Gun Control Act of 1968 (GCA) permits an unlicensed individual to make a firearm for personal use, but not for sale or distribution. However, the law does not explicitly preclude an unlicensed person from later selling, giving away, or otherwise transferring a homemade firearm to another person as long as it was originally intended for personal use. A gun explicitly made for personal use can be sold or transferred in the same way that a factory-made firearm of that same class can be sold or transferred:

armsinc

« Reply #42 on: September 07, 2016, 12:13:10 AM »
The Gun Control Act of 1968 (GCA) permits an unlicensed individual to make a firearm for personal use, but not for sale or distribution. However, the law does not explicitly preclude an unlicensed person from later selling, giving away, or otherwise transferring a homemade firearm to another person as long as it was originally intended for personal use. A gun explicitly made for personal use can be sold or transferred in the same way that a factory-made firearm of that same class can be sold or transferred:

I am waiting for my own letter from atf I argued profusely when I registered my 80 % I made ..... they said if I can get a letter from the atf explaining that it is transferable they would remove the non-transferable part from my registration....  still waiting....
ArmsInc Hawaii

suka

« Reply #43 on: September 07, 2016, 12:50:29 AM »
It take about 2-3 month for an ATF reply on letterhead.
As mentioned above the GCA of 68 does allow transfer of all firearms.

Please post the letter why you get a reply, THANK YOU

suka

« Reply #44 on: September 07, 2016, 07:57:13 AM »
I am waiting for my own letter from atf I argued profusely when I registered my 80 % I made ..... they said if I can get a letter from the atf explaining that it is transferable they would remove the non-transferable part from my registration....  still waiting....
Sound like a easy win lawsuit against HPD when that letter comes in.

London808

« Reply #45 on: September 07, 2016, 08:10:14 AM »
Sound like a easy win lawsuit against HPD when that letter comes in.

Sounds like something that should be resolved with a question : what law prohibits me from transferring it.......
"Mr. Roberts is a bit of a fanatic, he has previously sued HPD about gun registration issues." : Major Richard Robinson 2016

suka

« Reply #46 on: September 07, 2016, 08:31:10 AM »
Sounds like something that should be resolved with a question : what law prohibits me from transferring it.......
The GCA does not prohibit the transfer of personal firearms.
Also the Commence Clause of the US Constitution does not prohibit it.

A state has the power to regulate intrastate commerce , where Congress has not chosen to legislate, as long as there is no injustice or unreasonable discrimination in favor of intrastate commerce.

London808

« Reply #47 on: September 07, 2016, 08:35:10 AM »
The GCA does not prohibit the transfer of personal firearms.
Also the Commence Clause of the US Constitution does not prohibit it.

A state has the power to regulate intrastate commerce , where Congress has not chosen to legislate, as long as there is no injustice or unreasonable discrimination in favor of intrastate commerce.

Well thats what i mean, If you ask HPD what law prohibits transfer of an 80% lower, they wont be able to tell you. Other then Its a policy.
"Mr. Roberts is a bit of a fanatic, he has previously sued HPD about gun registration issues." : Major Richard Robinson 2016

suka

« Reply #48 on: September 07, 2016, 08:45:35 AM »
It would be a good Class Action Lawsuit against HPD , since several AR Pistols/ Homebuilds  out there with owner having a "MAY NOT BE TRANSFERRED"  on there registration receipt .

« Last Edit: September 07, 2016, 10:30:20 AM by suka »

eyeeatingfish

« Reply #49 on: September 07, 2016, 10:07:42 AM »
perhaps you should research things before you speak...

Perhaps you would like to point me to documentation where anything and everything ever denied by HPD is compiled? I gave an option to consider. I didn't make any promises of legality.

Your trolling is both rude and unnessary. How about you keep you mouth shut if you have nothing constructive to add.

eyeeatingfish

« Reply #50 on: September 07, 2016, 10:18:43 AM »
Talked to the Sergeant today he explain the process to me. He told me that if I weld it its non transferable. He said if it is not fully assembled and it's just the lower and mag I can keep trying till it is acceptable and it will not be confiscated. It must be welded all around the mag the mag catch dosent have to be welded but must be tested with out the mag catch.
Ar 15 is not readily convertible 2 full auto. Hawaii state does not define readily convertible. The federal government has and according to them and AR-15 without the hole for the full auto peice not readily convertible.

Did you ask about accepted forms of welding? Like what to do if one has a polymer mag

macsak

« Reply #51 on: September 07, 2016, 11:18:19 AM »
Perhaps you would like to point me to documentation where anything and everything ever denied by HPD is compiled? I gave an option to consider. I didn't make any promises of legality.

Your trolling is both rude and unnessary. How about you keep you mouth shut if you have nothing constructive to add.

ooh...
good one, mr pot...

flaboy808

« Reply #52 on: September 07, 2016, 12:18:50 PM »
 :popcorn:
The Supreme Court has ruled that you, as an individual, have no right to protection by the police. Their only obligation is to protect "society".

nathanm14fan

« Reply #53 on: September 07, 2016, 12:40:33 PM »
All this discussion about AR pistols and all I want is a Krinkov SBR.... :geekdanc:

Now THAT is something I wish HRA would start lobbying to overturn - restrictions on SBRs and suppressors. If the states of Washington and Minnesota can legalize those items, despite having Democratically controlled legislatures, on non-party lines votes, then maybe we can here? All it takes is some effort, and last I checked all of the lobbying efforts has been to hold the line and/or loosen CCW restrictions...

:stopjack: 

armsinc

« Reply #54 on: September 07, 2016, 01:06:21 PM »
Both me and the officer behind the counter tried to reach out to the local atf office. When I got ahold of the atf agent he said he had no clue what the law was on 80% lowers and he said to email them and wait for there correspondence.

I don't blame hpd for this they have a shitty extra responsible that's been piled on them.... registration of firearms should not occur and it should not be hpd reasonably. Police are here to maintain rule of law not Cipher through poorly written laws. All this does is take away from there ability to properly police public areas and respond to calls from private areas. This is obscene on how much extra crap is thrown at them. I've never had an experience where I felt like HPD was abusing their Authority. Not saying that that doesn't happen but it would be a very rare Rogue occurrence.

ArmsInc Hawaii

London808

« Reply #55 on: September 07, 2016, 03:51:30 PM »
Both me and the officer behind the counter tried to reach out to the local atf office. When I got ahold of the atf agent he said he had no clue what the law was on 80% lowers and he said to email them and wait for there correspondence.

I don't blame hpd for this they have a shitty extra responsible that's been piled on them.... registration of firearms should not occur and it should not be hpd reasonably. Police are here to maintain rule of law not Cipher through poorly written laws. All this does is take away from there ability to properly police public areas and respond to calls from private areas. This is obscene on how much extra crap is thrown at them. I've never had an experience where I felt like HPD was abusing their Authority. Not saying that that doesn't happen but it would be a very rare Rogue occurrence.

HPD is the one that lobbied for the registration of firearms and continues to lobby for more registration requirements. They are the ones that asked for rapback BLAME THEM FOR ALL OF THIS.

I have had the experience where they abused their authority (ended up ina  federal lawsuit which they lost) and so have many others. And by them telling you to get a letter from the ATF, That is them abusing their authority. the point of your question (requiring you to weld a magazine in place is because they are abusing there authority. HPD should not be dealing with firearms because they dont believe you should own any and want to m ake it as hard as possible for you to do so. 
Simple demonstration - Ask them who defined what a detachable magazine is. We know the awnser is not them or the AG. so who did ? The guy at the counter ? the sergeant ? the major ? the chief ? You will never get an answer from them.

FBI

« Reply #56 on: September 07, 2016, 04:03:35 PM »
I don't understand why you couldn't just insert the magazine then make a large plug in place of the release button then plug weld it in place.  The mag will not be able to drop free unless you drill out the plug, that would be the same as pin and welding a muzzle device on the barrel.   It would be just as difficult to remove an aluminum welded mag.   

HPD makes up there own rules, knowing most people don't have the time, funds, or patience to challenge their illegal rulings.
Sir I bow to you!
"makes up there( their)  own rules, knowing most people don't have the time, funds, or patience to challenge their illegal rulings."
You have just succinctly stated the entire operating position of the entire Governments of all of Hawaii and all Americans!
You have figured out what a large percentage of the population has not!
I salute you!
Molon Labe!

Heavies

« Reply #57 on: September 07, 2016, 04:29:09 PM »
Sir I bow to you!
"makes up there( their)  own rules, knowing most people don't have the time, funds, or patience to challenge their illegal rulings."
You have just succinctly stated the entire operating position of the entire Governments of all of Hawaii and all Americans!
You have figured out what a large percentage of the population has not!
I salute you!
Molon Labe!

Tanks!  :shaka: :shaka: O0

London808

« Reply #58 on: September 08, 2016, 08:25:01 AM »
Sent a clarification e-mail to the AG's office:
Has the Attorney Generals office ever provided to the Honolulu Police department a definition of a "Detachable Magazine" In deference to HRS 134-1. If so what was that definition ?

and got this reply:
Not to my knowledge or that I’m aware of.

SpeedTek

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • Car Nut, Machinist, Gunsmith & Monkey
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
    • X-Ring on the WWW
I want to make an AR pistol with a welded magazine
« Reply #59 on: September 08, 2016, 07:42:58 PM »
No JB Weld had a few got rejected.  And the guys had to weld it up. 

I brought in 4 lowers with the mags already welded in and they rejected them.  They said I had to bring them in stripped first and then register it and then welded in.  Of course I complained.   Got me nowhere.
Political Correctness is FOS
I collect M1 Carbines, PM me if youre selling!
& Bolt Action 308s also 10/22 Rugers.
Buying STOCK Ruger 10/22 parts and bits, PM me.
Now doing Vintage VW Parts!