Anyone ordered and tried these factory 2nds? (Read 1945 times)

Rhed

Anyone ordered and tried these factory 2nds?
« on: August 14, 2019, 09:12:31 PM »
Anyone tried these? I don’t even know the manufacturer of these 2nds. But, 77, 168, and 175 gr. Not bad pricing for 500. I’m wondering if these are Sierra? Thoughts?

https://www.powdervalleyinc.com/product-category/reloading-supplies/?filter_brand=factory-seconds&query_type_brand=or

Heavies

Re: Anyone ordered and tried these factory 2nds?
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2019, 05:23:39 PM »
Anyone tried these? I don’t even know the manufacturer of these 2nds. But, 77, 168, and 175 gr. Not bad pricing for 500. I’m wondering if these are Sierra? Thoughts?

https://www.powdervalleyinc.com/product-category/reloading-supplies/?filter_brand=factory-seconds&query_type_brand=or

I've tried Nosler factory seconds before.  They seemed to have some weight variations and had some flyers resulted.  Probably uneven cores.  Most were fine for practice though.

ren

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2019, 05:28:24 PM »
Wideners used to sell something similar and although they had weight offerings that were the same as real match bullets they were not accurate.
I bought unbranded 75s in .224 and they shot poorly. I think they were made by Armscor (puke)
If they were Sierras or other name brands they would have stated so.
Why waste time and money reloading questionable bullets? As Heavies stated even the Nosler seconds were OK. There were some bad lots.
Deeds Not Words

Rhed

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2019, 05:34:26 PM »
I too got and still have Nosler 2nds and OR’s. The OR’s for the most part was consistent with weight. Base to ogive wasn’t that bad either when checking with a Redding instant indicator. The 2nd’s? Yea, we’ll I just use it for plinking at 50 with my tavor. Good enough. But, I’m just wondering about the ones in Powder Valley. I’ve ordered Sierra from them. Never tried the 2nds.

Rhed

« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2019, 05:35:52 PM »
Wideners used to sell something similar and although they had weight offerings that were the same as real match bullets they were not accurate.
I bought unbranded 75s in .224 and they shot poorly. I think they were made by Armscor (puke)
If they were Sierras or other name brands they would have stated so.
Why waste time and money reloading questionable bullets? As Heavies stated even the Nosler seconds were OK. There were some bad lots.
True that.. save money at the same time “loose money!”

Bushido

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2019, 08:00:55 PM »
For just shooting they might be fine, then again they might not. I think for inexpensive practice rounds there's better out there. Sage's has Hornady 75 HPBT 500/$80 to your door. https://sagesreloadingsupply.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=96_117&product_id=489  Nosler has 77 CCs overruns that are cheap. They are not near SMKs but less than half the price when they go on sale.