Medical Waiver Lawsuit Filed (Read 4745 times)

London808

Re: Medical Waiver Lawsuit Filed
« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2022, 05:21:22 PM »
Neither the state or the city has said they are not violating the plaintiffs rights. Just that they are not the ones doing it.

IMO this is the end of the medical forms. They may have a check sheet asking you questions to which you have to be truthful. But as for asking your doctor and getting you to sign privacy waivers

That shit is done.
"Mr. Roberts is a bit of a fanatic, he has previously sued HPD about gun registration issues." : Major Richard Robinson 2016

changemyoil66

« Reply #21 on: November 23, 2022, 05:00:10 PM »
Judged rulled he must be given his guns back within 15 days.

States motion to dismiss has been denied.

More info coming later.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

zippz

« Reply #22 on: November 23, 2022, 05:03:12 PM »
We won the preliminary injunction which is effective immediately and we don't expect it to be appealed.  Santucci, the homesick sailor, will get his guns back.  It effectively stops frivolous firearm permit to acquire denials and confiscations due to regular counseling, surgery counseling, and other minor or unrelated mental health conditions.  Should also clear up the majority of the Kaiser denials.  Serious mental health issues will still be denied, like being admitted for suicide attempts.
Procedures are still the same.
Join the Hawaii Firearms Coalition at www.hifico.org.  Hawaii's new non-profit gun rights organization focused on lobbying and grassroots activism.

Hawaii Shooting Calendar - https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?src=practicalmarksman.com_btllod1boifgpp8dcjnbnruhso%40group.calendar.google.com&ctz=Pacific/Honolulu

Sodie

« Reply #23 on: November 23, 2022, 05:30:15 PM »
It has always surprised me that the authorities don’t seem to see or acknowledge the obvious unintended consequence of the mental health review policy.

Let’s say somebody’s going through a bit of a rough patch in their life, but it’s not anything major... yet.  We would want that individual to get help, so they can get better, and not get worse.  Now let’s say that someone owns firearms.  Now we REALLY want them to get help, so their minor issue doesn’t progress into something major and they end up hurting themselves or someone else.  NOW, let’s create and implement a policy that will make them fear that if they try to GET the help they need, HPD is going to come take away their guns… wouldn’t you think that would make them less likely to get help, and therefore more likely to end up being a public safety threat?

How many people do you suppose are out there that have thought “maybe I should go talk to somebody about what’s going on in my life, but if I do, I’ll never get another permit to acquire, and they’ll probably come for the pew-pews I already have.  Guess I’ll just tough it out” ?

changemyoil66

« Reply #24 on: November 23, 2022, 08:32:23 PM »
It has always surprised me that the authorities don’t seem to see or acknowledge the obvious unintended consequence of the mental health review policy.

Let’s say somebody’s going through a bit of a rough patch in their life, but it’s not anything major... yet.  We would want that individual to get help, so they can get better, and not get worse.  Now let’s say that someone owns firearms.  Now we REALLY want them to get help, so their minor issue doesn’t progress into something major and they end up hurting themselves or someone else.  NOW, let’s create and implement a policy that will make them fear that if they try to GET the help they need, HPD is going to come take away their guns… wouldn’t you think that would make them less likely to get help, and therefore more likely to end up being a public safety threat?

How many people do you suppose are out there that have thought “maybe I should go talk to somebody about what’s going on in my life, but if I do, I’ll never get another permit to acquire, and they’ll probably come for the pew-pews I already have.  Guess I’ll just tough it out” ?
They know, they just dont care. F-U, sue us is their attitude.

RSN172

« Reply #25 on: December 01, 2022, 04:30:12 PM »
Ok, so the doctor asks, "Do you or anyone in your family suffer from mental illness?"  The patient replies, "Suffer? We all enjoy it."

surfmaster

« Reply #26 on: December 01, 2022, 06:19:59 PM »
We won the preliminary injunction which is effective immediately and we don't expect it to be appealed.  Santucci, the homesick sailor, will get his guns back.  It effectively stops frivolous firearm permit to acquire denials and confiscations due to regular counseling, surgery counseling, and other minor or unrelated mental health conditions.  Should also clear up the majority of the Kaiser denials.  Serious mental health issues will still be denied, like being admitted for suicide attempts.
Procedures are still the same.

Did Mr. Santucci get his guns back?

zippz

« Reply #27 on: December 01, 2022, 07:13:03 PM »
Did Mr. Santucci get his guns back?

Soon.  Hifico will get a story out when he does.
Join the Hawaii Firearms Coalition at www.hifico.org.  Hawaii's new non-profit gun rights organization focused on lobbying and grassroots activism.

Hawaii Shooting Calendar - https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?src=practicalmarksman.com_btllod1boifgpp8dcjnbnruhso%40group.calendar.google.com&ctz=Pacific/Honolulu

changemyoil66

« Reply #28 on: December 26, 2022, 09:44:04 PM »
Update

"The time to appeal has passed in our mental health case.  This means Honolulu has conceded that the trial court's issuance of a preliminary injunction on behalf of Michael Santucci was proper and the City will continue to be enjoined from denying a permit to acquire solely on the basis that a person admits to mental health treatment on the City's application form."