*FIRE MISSION: OAHU SENSITIVE PLACES TESTIOMNY ASAP (Read 4912 times)

zippz

Re: *FIRE MISSION: OAHU SENSITIVE PLACES TESTIOMNY ASAP
« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2022, 03:17:59 PM »
We need some people to come out on the 29th and do the 1 minute testimony.  Come out if you can, but don't take the day off work or school to do it.  I know not everyone can take the day off all the time.  You can do a zoom testimony if work allows.

We need everyone to show up for the committee hearing or 2nd reading in January.  That's more important.

There will also be a state capitol rally end of Jan or beginning Feb next year.

And we'll need people to show up to testify against the State sensitive places and other bills.

So manage your time appropriately.
Join the Hawaii Firearms Coalition at www.hifico.org.  Hawaii's new non-profit gun rights organization focused on lobbying and grassroots activism.

Hawaii Shooting Calendar - https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?src=practicalmarksman.com_btllod1boifgpp8dcjnbnruhso%40group.calendar.google.com&ctz=Pacific/Honolulu

changemyoil66

« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2022, 06:29:51 PM »
He is; his recommendation was to get max testimony, both written and in person, to show that firearm owners 1) care; and 2) are responsible, reasonable citizens.  Given the current composition of the council, he’s not very optimistic about getting bill 57 blocked or delayed, but his thought is the best chance we have is for the community to show up strong.
I was dissapointed we only got 400 pro test for ccw. Compared to 1500 against rifle mag ban.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

macsak

« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2022, 06:51:02 PM »

Heavies

« Reply #23 on: November 25, 2022, 07:10:16 PM »
Ah. I see. 👍🏽

hvybarrels

« Reply #24 on: November 25, 2022, 11:10:52 PM »
Wow. Much respect for Augie.

Thanks for posting
“Wars happen when the government tells you who the enemy is. Revolutions happen when you figure it out for yourselves.”

changemyoil66

« Reply #25 on: November 28, 2022, 10:39:34 AM »
 https://hnldoc.ehawaii.gov/hnldoc/document-download?id=15931

Some test already up

Wow they have a tally, that makes things easier.

47 support
152 oppose
34 "I wish to comment"

changemyoil66

« Reply #26 on: November 28, 2022, 02:05:53 PM »
This pretty much sums up the testimonies who support the bill:

Lynne matusow "What I will do, as shown on many crime shows is if I see a gun, I will immediately SCREAM GUN, and continue to scream it"

Then there's the lady who still has to say her daughter committed suicide and is using the death to push more gun control.  She is now playing victim because she's afraid of CCW holders at protest because she is outnumbered when she goes to protest.

ren

« Reply #27 on: November 28, 2022, 06:48:13 PM »

Lynne matusow "What I will do, as shown on many crime shows is if I see a gun, I will immediately SCREAM GUN, and continue to scream it"

Then there's the lady who still has to say her daughter committed suicide and is using the death to push more gun control.  She is now playing victim because she's afraid of CCW holders at protest because she is outnumbered when she goes to protest.

isn't that like watching a movie like Backdraft in a theatre and screaming FIRE FIRE every time a scene pops up?!

That lady is projecting her fears onto everyone else. Immature and dumb.
Deeds Not Words

QUIETShooter

« Reply #28 on: November 28, 2022, 07:42:32 PM »

That lady is projecting her fears onto everyone else. Immature and dumb.

She's a product of a society that nurtures and promotes karens.

Quote from: changemyoil66

link=topic=48138.msg440803#msg440803 date=1669680353

Scream all you want, karen.  I hope you sh*t your panties.
Sometimes you gotta know when to save your bullets.

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #29 on: November 28, 2022, 09:27:58 PM »
She's a product of a society that nurtures and promotes karens.

Scream all you want, karen.  I hope you sh*t your panties.

It would take one time of someone like her screaming at me for me to call 911, get her charged with terroristic threatening, and have a TRO filed against her.

I'd make sure to visit somewhere she frequents so she'd "accidentally" see me -- gives her a chance to win the trifecta with "Criminal Contempt of Court" for violating the TRO.

:geekdanc: :thumbsup:
"How can you diagnose someone with an obsessive-compulsive disorder
and then act as though I had some choice about barging in?"
-- Melvin Udall

changemyoil66

« Reply #30 on: November 29, 2022, 08:26:55 AM »

Rocky

« Reply #31 on: November 29, 2022, 08:49:38 AM »

Then there's the lady who still has to say her daughter committed suicide and is using the death to push more gun control. 
Has no one called her out in public to what really happened ?
“I ask you to judge me by the enemies I have made.”
                                                           Franklin D. Roosevelt

changemyoil66

« Reply #32 on: November 29, 2022, 09:40:21 AM »
Has no one called her out in public to what really happened ?

No. I was told to not say anything.  I do have the screen shot from her FB thanking Obama and 1 of her state testimonies for another bill that she mentions suicide.

Anyone else is welcome to do so though.

changemyoil66

« Reply #33 on: November 29, 2022, 11:47:55 AM »
Breakdown so far:

1) Suicide ladies daughter was investigating a sex trafficking ring on a military base. So maybe it wasn't a "suicide".  She brought her daughters pic.
2) Mayor Rick was there testifying to support the bill.
3) Chief Logan was there as an observer.
4) Members called out since 2 just took their oath that mentions to not violate the constitution.
5) Had a lady who was raped and unarmed. She is against this bill. IMO, this is powerful testimony.
6) HIFICO director mentions the mayor won't be there in spandex and a cape to save people. Mayor was in the audience waiting to testify. Troll level 9999
7) Had 1 "empire" guy who is against guns and supports the bill. He mentions "go up and up".
8) Counsel hearing was diff than state hearings. They allowed clapping. They also allowed you to go slightly over the 1 min time.
9) Had lots of females testifying against this bill (they're pro 2a).

RSN172

« Reply #34 on: November 29, 2022, 12:51:09 PM »
I listened to the meeting from the beginning up until they took a recess after about 5 or 6 Zoom statements.  The up and up guy's statement was probably one of the stupidest things I heard. In a SD situation you are not in some sporting match. On the street you need to take every unfair advantage you have to win.  Don't come at me holding only your dick. You are sure to lose.

macsak

« Reply #35 on: November 29, 2022, 01:00:44 PM »
"stand and bang"

Breakdown so far:

1) Suicide ladies daughter was investigating a sex trafficking ring on a military base. So maybe it wasn't a "suicide".  She brought her daughters pic.
2) Mayor Rick was there testifying to support the bill.
3) Chief Logan was there as an observer.
4) Members called out since 2 just took their oath that mentions to not violate the constitution.
5) Had a lady who was raped and unarmed. She is against this bill. IMO, this is powerful testimony.
6) HIFICO director mentions the mayor won't be there in spandex and a cape to save people. Mayor was in the audience waiting to testify. Troll level 9999
7) Had 1 "empire" guy who is against guns and supports the bill. He mentions "go up and up".
8) Counsel hearing was diff than state hearings. They allowed clapping. They also allowed you to go slightly over the 1 min time.
9) Had lots of females testifying against this bill (they're pro 2a).

changemyoil66

« Reply #36 on: November 29, 2022, 01:07:02 PM »
Update:

6 ayes, 2 no's. Andria and Augie voted no. Val aye with reservations.  Bill passes to 2nd reading.  Lets see what changes they make.

Andria (Waianae) mentioned they only have 1 HPD officer per shift available.

Waters said he they should work with Andrew (HIFICO) and Cliffard Goo and some other pro 2a Atty (Holcomb?) to find common ground.

macsak

« Reply #37 on: November 29, 2022, 01:13:46 PM »
Update:

6 ayes, 2 no's. Andria and Augie voted no. Val aye with reservations.  Bill passes to 2nd reading.  Lets see what changes they make.

Andria (Waianae) mentioned they only have 1 HPD officer per shift available.

Waters said he they should work with Andrew (HIFICO) and Cliffard Goo and some other pro 2a Atty (Holcomb?) to find common ground.

tommy watters lives a couple blocks away from me
i guess i am going to have to try and get an appointment with him...

RSN172

« Reply #38 on: November 29, 2022, 01:16:21 PM »
This bill will pass because 1. They don't care what the overwhelming majority of testifiers said. 2. Their oath of office  is bullshit. 3. I believe and respect the 2nd Amendment  but...

Well you no kea, den Ainokea.

changemyoil66

« Reply #39 on: November 29, 2022, 01:20:53 PM »
tommy watters lives a couple blocks away from me
i guess i am going to have to try and get an appointment with him...

Or desk pops.