No Sugar 2 Weeks (Read 2229 times)

macsak

Re: No Sugar 2 Weeks
« Reply #40 on: December 26, 2022, 08:14:26 PM »
review of hvybarrels' keto cheesecake

those of you who know me, know that i am about the furthest from keto that someone could be
so i can give a sugarholic's view of the cheesecake
the mouth feel was exactly like regular cheesecake
it was fatty and decadent
like hvybarrels said, those us who are used to overpowering sugar taste, it wasn't sweet at all
but i can see if you are on a keto diet, it would taste pretty sweet

my mom and i mostly tasted a slightly salty taste and then the lilikoi taste

:shaka: for the sample, hvy,,,

RSN172

« Reply #41 on: December 26, 2022, 09:21:19 PM »
I just made hard toffee candy with pecan nuts and covered with dark chocolate.

No more spending $29.99 a pound for See's Candy for me.  If I had known it was so easy to make I would have done it years ago.

hvybarrels

« Reply #42 on: December 27, 2022, 10:24:19 AM »
So just a heads up if you make lilikoi butter with erythritol then you should use it right away or else crystals start to form.

Also if you eat too much of that sweetener it will mess with your stomach. Going to try monk fruit next.
Tin foil hats offer superior protection to face diapers. .

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #43 on: December 27, 2022, 01:00:23 PM »
So just a heads up if you make lilikoi butter with erythritol then you should use it right away or else crystals start to form.

Also if you eat too much of that sweetener it will mess with your stomach. Going to try monk fruit next.

When people first try Keto, they often experience what some call Keto flu.  Mainly diarrhea and other digestive issues.  Most recommend using pre- and pro-biotic supplements to rebalance the bacteria in the digestive tract.  I found more fiber is a better fix.  Broccoli (with lots of healthy butter and/or cheese  :thumbsup:) and peanuts can help reduce the "Hersey squirts."

I do think the erythritol contributes to the KF.  I was using it in my ice tea a lot.  When I switched to the monk fruit liquid, I noticed a huge improvement.

This goes along with my comment to try a variety of sweeteners.  Erythritol might not have the same effect on everyone.
Truth, when not sought after, rarely comes to light.  -- Oliver Wendell Holmes, Sr.

I need some new conspiracy theories. All my old ones turned out to be true.

Hamburger Helper only works if the hamburger really wants to be helped.

Rocky

« Reply #44 on: December 29, 2022, 12:30:37 PM »
Wrong time of the year.
It's COOKIE SEASON !   :love:!

And mind you, EVERY batch required CQ  :crazy: QC and I was very diligent in my duty's.

P.S. My friend just brought over a Teds Choco Mac Nut Pie.   :grrr:   :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
« Last Edit: December 29, 2022, 08:58:52 PM by Rocky »
“I ask you to judge me by the enemies I have made.”
                                                           Franklin D. Roosevelt

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #45 on: January 08, 2023, 01:11:17 PM »
This is interesting:  Miracle Berry Tablets

Rather than sweeten the food, this changes the tastebuds.   

You let the tablet dissolve in your mouth before eating, and it alters the tastebuds so sour and similar flavors are now sweet.

It doesn't affect all foods, only the bitter, sour, tart type flavors, so it won't interfere with foods you don't want to be sweeter.

The cost is high IMO for the tablets, but so is putting sweetener on and in everything.

Everyone is different, which is why some artificial or non-sugar sweeteners work for some and not others.  I imagine the same is true with these tablets.

I'm thinking of getting some for my own taste testing.  The brand used in the video below looks promising, but at least one Amazon reviewer said there are other brands that cost more but are more effective and work longer than the Munai tablets.  I'll check out some other brands before ordering.

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=Miracle+Berry+Tablets&crid=VZQIORUUAY7K&sprefix=miracle+berry+tablets%2Caps%2C430&ref=nb_sb_noss_1

https://youtu.be/gwCuKhnJiSE
Truth, when not sought after, rarely comes to light.  -- Oliver Wendell Holmes, Sr.

hvybarrels

« Reply #46 on: January 09, 2023, 03:20:09 PM »
This is interesting:  Miracle Berry Tablets

Rather than sweeten the food, this changes the tastebuds.   

You let the tablet dissolve in your mouth before eating, and it alters the tastebuds so sour and similar flavors are now sweet.

It doesn't affect all foods, only the bitter, sour, tart type flavors, so it won't interfere with foods you don't want to be sweeter.

The cost is high IMO for the tablets, but so is putting sweetener on and in everything.

Everyone is different, which is why some artificial or non-sugar sweeteners work for some and not others.  I imagine the same is true with these tablets.

I'm thinking of getting some for my own taste testing.  The brand used in the video below looks promising, but at least one Amazon reviewer said there are other brands that cost more but are more effective and work longer than the Munai tablets.  I'll check out some other brands before ordering.

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=Miracle+Berry+Tablets&crid=VZQIORUUAY7K&sprefix=miracle+berry+tablets%2Caps%2C430&ref=nb_sb_noss_1

https://youtu.be/gwCuKhnJiSE

Probably the only way I would ever eat bitter melon

hvybarrels

« Reply #47 on: January 09, 2023, 04:02:15 PM »
Hit my weight goal today and threw some cherries in the protein shake to celebrate.

Now to put back lean muscle snd exchange it for the rest of the visceral fat.

Rocky

« Reply #48 on: January 09, 2023, 04:08:59 PM »
Hit my weight goal today and threw some cherries in the protein shake to celebrate.

Now to put back lean muscle snd exchange it for the rest of the visceral fat.

:thumbsup:
That's more incentive than your last incentive post !
Kid(s) leaves tomorrow.
ps
Jones looks like you looking at a piece of Ted's Chocolate Haupia Pie !  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
                                                           Franklin D. Roosevelt

Rocky

« Reply #49 on: January 27, 2023, 08:01:18 AM »
Started Sloooooooooooooooowly 2 weeks ago.
Sugar, carbs, alcohol (Living on bacon and yogurt  :rofl:)
Never knew I ate so much sugar and carbs  :crazy:
Body went into "shock " with a wide variety of symptoms.
pi$$1ng out yur A$$ for a week probably makes you lose at least 5# water weight. :shake: :shake:
Then came constipation. :shake: :shake:

Actually have been eating much less just cuz not hungry.
What else is there to eat ?
                                                           Franklin D. Roosevelt

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #50 on: January 27, 2023, 02:51:15 PM »
Started Sloooooooooooooooowly 2 weeks ago.
Sugar, carbs, alcohol (Living on bacon and yogurt  :rofl:)
Never knew I ate so much sugar and carbs  :crazy:
Body went into "shock " with a wide variety of symptoms.
pi$$1ng out yur A$$ for a week probably makes you lose at least 5# water weight. :shake: :shake:
Then came constipation. :shake: :shake:

Actually have been eating much less just cuz not hungry.
What else is there to eat ?

Yeah, the Hersey Squirts bothered me, too, but I added broccoli to my menu (with gobs of butter), and that helped.  I also used Pepto to get past the extended bouts  where i needed to remain 5 feet from the toilet.  The "experts" preach about prebiotics and probiotics to balance out the good bacteria in the intestines now that you're digesting almost no carbs and mostly protein and fat.  Apparently the microbes that help manage digestion are different.  I tried the prebiotics before meals and really couldn't tell if there was any difference.  YMMV

Any fiber-rich foods help, but there's a short list of veggies that are keto-friendly and zero-carb.  Berries can help, but watch out how much you eat.  Most fruits contain natural sugars, but berries also have fiber which reduces their net carbs.

#1 thing to add if you haven't is intermittent fasting.

It's recommended you do all your eating within a maximum 8 hour window.  That gives you a 16 hour fasting period before you consume any more than a couple of calories.  Some beverages are 100% fine to have in the morning before you stop fasting, such as black coffee, green tea, water, and sugar-free electrolyte drink mixes.  Vitamin supplements are also fine.

Basically, avoid 99.99% of calories during the fasting period.  After that, fat, oil, meat and dairy are "all you can eat."  If you limit the total calories to a reasonable amount each day based on weight loss goals and physical activity, you should become accustomed to the fasting schedule without getting hungry.

I normally don't eat until after 2PM, and i try to stop by 9PM, usually sooner, but sometimes I just eat later because I'm not that hungry, especially if I had a filling afternoon meal.

Any time you eat something, it can cause an insulin response. One purpose of this diet is to reduce insulin responses and increase insulin sensitivity.  Fasting gets your body in the pattern of not expecting food every few hours when you're awake.  Eating 3 meals and snacks keeps the body in a continuous state of insulin production.