Marine Corps Marksmanship Competition Pacific 2023 (Read 505 times)

Teichi

Marine Corps Marksmanship Competition Pacific 2023
« on: December 10, 2022, 09:32:38 PM »
This event is not open to the public. Non-military participants must be approved by the Commanding Officer of Marine Corps Base Hawaii.

The proposed dates are 23 January till 3 February 2023. I have not seen the Official Match Program to date, but there is usually a requirement for body armor and ballistic helmet.

I'll post more info as I get it.

nickelzismoney

Re: Marine Corps Marksmanship Competition Pacific 2023
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2022, 11:48:22 AM »
This event is not open to the public. Non-military participants must be approved by the Commanding Officer of Marine Corps Base Hawaii.

The proposed dates are 23 January till 3 February 2023. I have not seen the Official Match Program to date, but there is usually a requirement for body armor and ballistic helmet.

I'll post more info as I get it.

Please do yut
“No matter how much it hurts, how dark it gets, or how hard you fall… you are never out of the fight.” - Marcus Luttrel

"The world will not be destroyed by those who do evil, but by those who watch them without doing anything." - Albert Einstein

jonjon

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2023, 09:33:09 AM »
Any updates?

Teichi

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2023, 08:51:51 AM »
To:       Distribution List

Subj:     LETTER OF INSTRUCTION FOR THE FISCAL YEAR (FY) 2023 MARINE CORPS MARKSMANSHIP COMPETITION-PACIFIC

Ref:      (a) MCO 3591.2L (DRAFT)
          (b) MARADMIN 441/22, Fiscal Year 2023 Competition-In-Arms Program
   (c) BaseBul 3574

Encl:     (1) FY 2023 MCMC-P Match Schedule

1.  Situation.  Reference (a) establishes the Marine Corps Competition-In-Arms Program (CIAP) and includes rules, regulations, and other information relative to the subject matches and the CIAP.  The mission of the CIAP is to enhance the marksmanship proficiency and combat readiness of the Marine Corps by:

a. Developing and maintaining a population base of Marines with high skills in rifle and pistol marksmanship to support a productive marksmanship training program and success in battle.

b. Stimulating interest and desire on the part of the individual Marine for self-improvement of skill and confidence with the service weapon.

2.  Mission.  Marine Corps Base Hawaii (MCBH) will host the Marine Corps Marksmanship Competition-Pacific matches scheduled 25 January through 3 February 2023 at the Kaneohe Bay Range Training Facility (KBRTF) aboard MCBH. 

a.  Competitor Eligibility. 
          (4)  Non-distinguished civilians are authorized to compete in the Marine Corps Marksmanship Competition for individual rifle and individual pistol matches provided a written request to the host commander is submitted and that such competition will neither affect nor diminish participation of Marines. Civilian competitors must hold a National Rifle Association classification rating of expert or at least six points toward the appropriate distinguished badge. They may receive distinguished credit points, but are not eligible for any further awards to include team awards. The exception to this rule is retired Marines who will receive a distinguished badge if they earn their final points at the Marine Corps Marksmanship Competition.

(5)  Other service personnel may fire in the MCMC-P for individual rifle and individual pistol, provided that the competitor will not affect nor diminish participation of Marines. Only personnel who are not distinguished and meet the requirements of their parent service may compete. They may not receive any Marine Corps awards.

Teichi

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2023, 09:37:42 PM »
Day 1. Competitor registration, classes, m4 zero.