HAPPY NEW YEAR!! (Read 1569 times)

Flapp_Jackson

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!
« on: December 31, 2022, 07:10:00 PM »
I really hate New Year's Eve in Hawaii, mainly for all the traumatized pets.

Anybody else feel like a little skeet practice?  Asking for a friend...
"How can you diagnose someone with an obsessive-compulsive disorder
and then act as though I had some choice about barging in?"
-- Melvin Udall

Sodie

Re: HAPPY NEW YEAR!!
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2022, 07:34:06 PM »
My poor pupper is cowering in fear right now.

The one that can hear, that is… the other one is deaf as a post and just doesn’t give a damn.

mrgaf

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2022, 10:21:00 PM »
Happy New Year, fuck the fireworks….. >:D

To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.  Thomas Paine.

No man can get rich in politics unless he is a crook.  It cannot be done. Harry Truman

Only good liberal is one taking a dirt nap.

ren

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2022, 11:14:09 PM »
Outgrew fireworks. I don't think anyone else from Hawaii did. I think its a silly tradition / excuse to believe that fireworks "scare away" evil spirits.
Do you think such a wicked spirit is afraid of some pops pops?

Deeds Not Words

mrgaf

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2022, 11:37:50 PM »
Outgrew fireworks. I don't think anyone else from Hawaii did. I think its a silly tradition / excuse to believe that fireworks "scare away" evil spirits.
Do you think such a wicked spirit is afraid of some pops pops?

That skanks face is enough to scare away any boogie men…. :shake:
« Last Edit: January 01, 2023, 07:39:51 AM by mrgaf »
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.  Thomas Paine.

No man can get rich in politics unless he is a crook.  It cannot be done. Harry Truman

Only good liberal is one taking a dirt nap.

oldfart

« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2022, 11:47:43 PM »
Happy new years to you murderous heathens :rofl:
What, Me Worry?

hvybarrels

« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2023, 12:57:52 AM »
Happy new years to you murderous heathens :rofl:

Right back atcha!

“Wars happen when the government tells you who the enemy is. Revolutions happen when you figure it out for yourselves.”

QUIETShooter

« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2023, 01:11:44 AM »
Right back atcha!

Wow is that hair stuck on her bloody sword........

edited to add:  Oh shiite, forgot to say: HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! :shaka:
Sometimes you gotta know when to save your bullets.

RSN172

« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2023, 05:25:19 AM »
Absolute dead quiet all of yesterday and even at midnight where I live in rural Puna.  Been like that ever since I moved here in 2014.

oldfart

« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2023, 07:55:28 AM »
Went to a party but came home early to check on stupid dog.
Fireworks was nutz in waipahu but dog was pretty ok except for a cough.
I suspect the cough is related to a dead bird in the yard that was missing a leg.
===============
so I buried the bird with the missing leg and put a big rock on it
---
stupid moved the rock and dug it up again
---
stupid probably has bird leg and feathers stuck in his throat
---
waiting to see what "comes out" of this situation
« Last Edit: January 01, 2023, 08:50:28 AM by oldfart »
What, Me Worry?

oldfart

« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2023, 08:37:30 AM »
Wow is that hair stuck on her bloody sword........

==================
mad respect to the costume, props and special effects crew for that one :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

...and my ex-wife wears eye makeup something like that
What, Me Worry?

Rocky

« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2023, 10:33:01 AM »
Ridiculous last night.
All the neighbors + Hauula was going off so loud and high, I could see them from over the trees a mile away.
11:30 to 12.30 I thought I was in Mogadishu/Afghanistan.

Could never figure out the "I'm poor" , "we're in a recession" "I no mo money" to lets blow $2k-$5k in noise and smoke !  :crazy:
“I ask you to judge me by the enemies I have made.”
                                                           Franklin D. Roosevelt

Rocky

« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2023, 10:40:00 AM »

Going to do just that in an hour to ring in the New Year !  :D
Saved my fireworks money and bought bird shot instead.  :geekdanc:
“I ask you to judge me by the enemies I have made.”
                                                           Franklin D. Roosevelt

ren

« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2023, 10:54:45 AM »
Ridiculous last night.
All the neighbors + Hauula was going off so loud and high, I could see them from over the trees a mile away.
11:30 to 12.30 I thought I was in Mogadishu/Afghanistan.

Could never figure out the "I'm poor" , "we're in a recession" "I no mo money" to lets blow $2k-$5k in noise and smoke !  :crazy:

all that money supporting China....
that's what happens when CRT replaces econ and basic finance management in schools....
« Last Edit: January 01, 2023, 11:14:11 AM by ren »
Deeds Not Words

groveler

« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2023, 01:59:16 PM »

"I really hate New Year's Eve in Hawaii, mainly for all the traumatized pets.",
since some of my "pets" weigh up to 1400 pounds, I tone it way down.
I don't want to be chasing down scared animals at mid-night.

However, I do like to drink beer and blow shit up,
it is called entertainment.
If you ever forget how to be young, then you are old.
I'm 67 going on 16.
 :shaka:

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2023, 02:16:31 PM »
Saw people on a pre-celebration news report about how fireworks are a tradition, part of culture, etc.  Then they said the truth -- locals love fireworks.

What if throwing your first born into a volcano on their 18th birthday was tradition?  Part of your culture?  I guess those two words only apply to the things that agree with your own personal wants, huh?

Setting off fireworks like they do in residential areas for hours, including percussive aerial bombs that rattle windows and set off alarms, is not part of any culture i know of.  A few strings of firecrackers and some aerials away from homes is plenty IMO.  Trying to one-up the neighbors with gigantic explosions and rockets that are not normally intended for non-professionals is not "culture."

This has got to be one of the most self-centered, least considerate and most abusive behaviors i can imagine.  I can't believe the Humane Society doesn't organize and get people to understand the harm they are causing to all animals -- including their pets -- apart from the debris, noise pollution and smoke they cause which affects everyone.

How can anyone ask why the voters keep electing the same destructive and ineffective politicians when they are out doing this kind of crap for fun?  Reminds me of the old Southern redneck stereotypes:  "Watch this shit here -- hold my beer!"

THIS is the example being used to illustrate why more gun laws won't stop crime.  if we can't enforce something as simple as a fireworks ban, what's the use?

People have taken things to the extreme with their need to set off fireworks.  It goes way beyond any tradition or culture.  This is how we will wind up with a total ban, punishing everyone for their AINOKEA attitude.

New Year’s Eve is just two days away and like always, the night sky will probably be
lit up with illegal fireworks. It’s a tradition for many Hawaii families but for others, it’s a
living nightmare.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/with-illegal-fireworks-rampant-in-hawaii-some-say-loud-booms-are-getting-worse/ar-AA15MKAJ

« Last Edit: January 01, 2023, 02:22:45 PM by Flapp_Jackson »
-- Melvin Udall

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2023, 02:18:30 PM »
"I really hate New Year's Eve in Hawaii, mainly for all the traumatized pets.",
since some of my "pets" weigh up to 1400 pounds, I tone it way down.
I don't want to be chasing down scared animals at mid-night.

I'm 67 going on 16.

My biggest gripe is all the massive reports from explosions in residential areas.

You are not disturbing your neighbors, i'm sure.

It's okay to enjoying being "young" as long as you remember you still have adult responsibilities.
-- Melvin Udall

oldfart

« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2023, 02:19:37 PM »

I'm 67 going on 16.
===================
HAHA you and I have a lot in common
What, Me Worry?

ren

« Reply #18 on: January 01, 2023, 02:57:01 PM »
https://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/2023/01/01/honolulu-ems-reports-long-list-fireworks-related-injuries-brutal-start-new-year/

The most serious was reported about 12:49 a.m. Sunday in Wahiawa, when a 29-year-old man sustained facial injuries in an apparent fireworks explosion. The patient was taken to a hospital in critical condition.

There were also at least six others in serious condition:

In Nanakuli, two men were injured when they lit fireworks near a fuel drum. Officials said they were left with deep lacerations and shrapnel injuries.
    In Waipahu, a 36-year-old man was in serious condition after getting hit with a firework in his chest. In addition to cuts and burns, several of his teeth were knocked out.
    Others in serious condition included patients who sustained injuries to the genitals, hands and face.

More money to Honolulu City EMS!
Deeds Not Words

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2023, 03:34:34 PM »
https://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/2023/01/01/honolulu-ems-reports-long-list-fireworks-related-injuries-brutal-start-new-year/

The most serious was reported about 12:49 a.m. Sunday in Wahiawa, when a 29-year-old man sustained facial injuries in an apparent fireworks explosion. The patient was taken to a hospital in critical condition.

There were also at least six others in serious condition:

In Nanakuli, two men were injured when they lit fireworks near a fuel drum. Officials said they were left with deep lacerations and shrapnel injuries.
    In Waipahu, a 36-year-old man was in serious condition after getting hit with a firework in his chest. In addition to cuts and burns, several of his teeth were knocked out.
    Others in serious condition included patients who sustained injuries to the genitals, hands and face.

More money to Honolulu City EMS!

We need more fireworks laws -- there's not much difference between advanced fireworks and how firearms function:
- 5 hours of classroom training by state-certified professional trainers to cover laws, safety and fundamentals,
- 2 hours of hands-on live training with real fireworks
- A notarized certification saying you attended the training and passed a written test plus demonstrated proper safe handling and use of fireworks.
- A complete criminal and mental health background check
- A 2 week waiting period after applying for a permit to acquire
- A state license granting permission to use fireworks that must be renewed annually, requires a fee, another full background check for renewals, and a refresher training class and tests every 5 years.  ONLY THE LICENSEE IS ALLOWED TO USE THE FIREWORKS, AND ONLY FOR THE SPECIFIC VERSION OF FIREWORK ON THE APPLICATION. 
- A separate license is required for each firework type according to its specifications.
- Using or possessing fireworks without an approved license will result in heavy fines, confiscation, loss of future fireworks privileges and a felony charge.
- Fireworks can only be used in areas with signage designating the location as appropriate for that purpose.  All public lands are considered Sensitive Places where fireworks are prohibited.  All private business properties are considered Fireworks Free Zones unless the owner posts notices to the contrary.

The public is encouraged to identify, and if possible video record, anyone they suspect is using illegal fireworks or is not licensed to possess or use the fireworks they are seen with. The witness should then call 911 to report the situation immediately.

For Everyone's Safety
-- Melvin Udall