Official Hawaii CCW Thread (Read 28153 times)

changemyoil66

Re: Official Hawaii CCW Thread
« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2023, 10:06:01 AM »

Idk abt grads.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

changemyoil66

« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2023, 08:51:36 AM »

changemyoil66

« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2023, 10:14:38 AM »
Did chest and tri's in the gym and fanny pack carried for eveything around the waist.  No issues. But for incline dumbells, I had to across the chest carry.  And same for shrugs since I wear a weight belt.

changemyoil66

« Reply #23 on: January 09, 2023, 11:16:55 AM »
Polo carry. V1. Ordered Neomag Alias to hide the clips on the belt.

macsak

« Reply #24 on: January 09, 2023, 12:39:53 PM »
clips

Polo carry. V1. Ordered Neomag Alias to hide the clips on the belt

ren

« Reply #25 on: January 09, 2023, 07:10:58 PM »
Polo carry. V1. Ordered Neomag Alias to hide the clips on the belt.

how you CCW M1 Garand?
Deeds Not Words

drck1000

« Reply #26 on: January 09, 2023, 07:15:21 PM »

changemyoil66

« Reply #27 on: January 10, 2023, 11:24:02 AM »
da plastic kine bruh

It came with the metal ones as well, which give a lower profile for protruding.  But not by much.  The metal clips do clamp on much more. Which makes it near impossible to shift the holster or move the belt for adjusting. Both work the same with basketball/board shorts (belt less carry).  The metal ones can damage (scratch) a leather belt if not careful when doning or doffing.

changemyoil66

« Reply #28 on: January 11, 2023, 08:41:02 AM »
So I've been running the wedge for 5 days now and not sure if it does anything for me.  I did notice it helps more if you wear your pants low.  But my pants are about 1 inch below my belly button.  I do have some fat below my belly button area (pelvis area?) and the wedge sinks into this.  I mean, it's not a hard surface, so the sinking in makes the wedge not as effective.

The bad part is to remove it and see the diff, I will have to break the stickyness on it. Which means I will need to reorder another one or get an adhesive.  But this is the cost of figuring stuff out.  And once you do, you're pretty much set.

I did also get a size small wedge. So if anything I may stick that onto the medium one I already have to replicate a large sized wedge and see if this shows any difference.

For aloha shirt carry, I don't offset my belt buckle since aloha shirts run big. 

Sheppard

« Reply #29 on: January 11, 2023, 05:38:44 PM »
I agree, AIWB carry is a more concealable way to carry. And if you're looking for a holster maker locally, PM me 🤙

ilikebigbots

« Reply #30 on: January 11, 2023, 08:43:49 PM »
anybody else got approved? still waiting on a call and mail.. applied on the 19th of december

Jaco808

« Reply #31 on: January 12, 2023, 07:24:06 AM »
anybody else got approved? still waiting on a call and mail.. applied on the 19th of december

I submitted around the same time,  waiting also. 

RSN172

« Reply #32 on: January 12, 2023, 09:04:54 AM »
3 weeks to a month would be very fast to get a permit. Even places like. NV and AZ normally take about 45 days. Like almost everything in this state, Try Wait.

changemyoil66

« Reply #33 on: January 12, 2023, 10:28:20 AM »
3 weeks to a month would be very fast to get a permit. Even places like. NV and AZ normally take about 45 days. Like almost everything in this state, Try Wait.

My NV took 120 days for renewal and 120 for 1st app.

I know a guy who's in CA. His interview that's required to be done by the police isn't until November 2023.  He initially applied in 3rd quarter of 2022.  I'll bet their PD has 1 guy doing this and they don't care cause F-U to Bruen decision. Loop hole to delay as long as possible.

RSN172

« Reply #34 on: January 12, 2023, 04:58:16 PM »
My NV took 120 days for renewal and 120 for 1st app.

That's because you probably got yours in Clark county. I got mine in Nye county in 35 days.

changemyoil66

« Reply #35 on: January 13, 2023, 08:46:03 AM »
Been running the wedge for almost a week. And I'm gonna remove it.  I don't really see a noticeable difference.  And now all the pressure is on the 1 inch wide wedge, instead of distributed over the entire holster.  Which is causing a rubbing/schaffing.  Maybe the wider wedge would help spread the pressure point, but at this point, I don't see a need for it.  I never had this chaffing when carrying in Vegas.

changemyoil66

« Reply #36 on: January 13, 2023, 09:29:17 AM »
Polo tucked with darker shirt.

changemyoil66

« Reply #37 on: January 17, 2023, 09:24:57 AM »
I put paint pen markings on the screws on the holster.  I noticed a few have begun to walk out.  I haven't loctited yet because I want to be sure of all my settings before I loctite the screws.  I think by the end of this month, I will be at that experience level to do so.  So far, no changes need to be made to the holster.

Also carried while working out fanny pack style for all exercises and it's not that big of a deal.  What does take more adjusting and getting used to is if I change my weight belt because the pressure points are different than the old one.  This would cause me to go light for a few weeks.  But I don't have this issue with the fanny pack at all.

RSN172

« Reply #38 on: January 17, 2023, 11:22:25 AM »
I have tried various AIWB holsters. Surprisingly the one I find to be the most comfortable and can carry a wide variety of guns, with or without lasers, lights or RDS, was the cheapest. An elastic velcro belly band that cost me $10.

changemyoil66

« Reply #39 on: January 17, 2023, 11:30:25 AM »
I have tried various AIWB holsters. Surprisingly the one I find to be the most comfortable and can carry a wide variety of guns, with or without lasers, lights or RDS, was the cheapest. An elastic velcro belly band that cost me $10.

I have 1 of those. A corowker got it for me for Xmas many years ago.  My only issue is I like a more solid trigger guard. I mean, could jsut buy g-string holster and pin it  to the cloth.