2023 Legislative Session has begun (Read 828 times)

changemyoil66

2023 Legislative Session has begun
« on: January 18, 2023, 09:10:23 AM »
Get ready for lots of anti 2a bills that violate the constitution and Bruen.

Already is SB121 about sensitive places. And 2 of the sponsors are Marx and Lee.

Booze bill about BAC being 0.08 or more outside the home also by Marx (failed previously, but that version said any BAC in the blood level, so this one is different)

Buying ammo for the gun you own also by Marx. (failed previously)

Many, many, many more to come. 

Hope you all donate to HIFICO since they're the main org doing things.  Also when it comes time, write testimonies and call/email/meet your reps/senators/city counsel politicians.

changemyoil66

Re: 2023 Legislative Session has begun
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2023, 11:57:13 AM »
Marx and his boy toy submitted for mag ban again. SB166.

jd0210

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2023, 01:22:23 PM »
Hopefully people still submit their testimony. especially with the range closed , I know Hifico would go down to ask people for theirs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

changemyoil66

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2023, 01:35:16 PM »
Hopefully people still submit their testimony. especially with the range closed , I know Hifico would go down to ask people for theirs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When we did that for the mag ban 2 years ago, we got 1500 testimonies total.  Compare this to the most recent chiefs rules that got about 200.

hvybarrels

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2023, 04:43:11 PM »
Ready to get my testimony on!

Tin foil hats offer superior protection to face diapers. .

changemyoil66

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2023, 12:04:19 PM »
CCW bill about giving social media info, 4 character witnesses, interview with the police, list of all household members, etc...

Bill about when transporting a gun, it cannot be in reach. And if no trunk available, then in a locked container.

Many many many more .

More updates to come

ren

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2023, 12:15:13 PM »
CCW bill about giving social media info, 4 character witnesses, interview with the police, list of all household members, etc...

if they applied these same requirements to legislators...

Deeds Not Words

QUIETShooter

« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2023, 12:35:05 PM »
The snowball might be too far down the hill.  We should have put a stop to this when the snowball was the size of a tennis ball.

Now that snowball is the size of Kilimanjaro.
Sometimes you gotta know when to save your bullets.

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2023, 12:58:08 PM »
I don't have any social media accounts, for the very reason that someone at some point in my life will try to use it against me.  Not worth any potential benefit I might ever enjoy from giving up my privacy to big tech.

I'm an empty-nester now.  No household members to talk about me.

I lead a very boring life.  Any character witnesses would have nothing bad to say (He's a quiet man.  Keeps to himself.  Rarely goes out.   :geekdanc:).

That's at least three of their speed bumps I can circumvent.

Truth, when not sought after, rarely comes to light.  -- Oliver Wendell Holmes, Sr.

I need some new conspiracy theories. All my old ones turned out to be true.

Hamburger Helper only works if the hamburger really wants to be helped.

xer 21

« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2023, 11:25:35 AM »

Bill about when transporting a gun, it cannot be in reach. And if no trunk available, then in a locked container.

Many many many more .

More updates to come
Its like they read Bruen and thought "let's violate every part of this ruling".

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk

changemyoil66

« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2023, 11:37:24 AM »
Its like they read Bruen and thought "let's violate every part of this ruling".

We expected this.  Check out SB1230. This is their kitchen sink bill. Not only about sensitive places, but interviews for CCW, must lock gun case when to and from, etc...And like clockwork Rhodes and Chang are on it, but also 3 more senators.

So they're either retarded or corrupt. I'm leaning toward the latter.

xer 21

« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2023, 11:41:14 AM »
The social media ask has to be a 4th amendment violation too.   Excercising your constitutional right isnt probable cause. 

changemyoil66

« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2023, 11:51:18 AM »
The social media ask has to be a 4th amendment violation too.   Excercising your constitutional right isnt probable cause. 

They will argue that you willingly signed away this right. Like the medical waivers.  But yet you cannot be issued a permit to acquire or CCW without signing your right away. 

6716J

« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2023, 12:36:14 PM »
We expected this.  Check out SB1230. This is their kitchen sink bill. Not only about sensitive places, but interviews for CCW, must lock gun case when to and from, etc...And like clockwork Rhodes and Chang are on it, but also 3 more senators.

So they're either retarded or corrupt. I'm leaning toward the latter.

Hey, we Hawai'i Legislators why not be both and make it 4 times harder.
I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy.

changemyoil66

« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2023, 12:38:16 PM »
Hey, we Hawai'i Legislators why not be both and make it 4 times harder.

TBH, If BJ won, he would be the only guy that can use the excuse about taking a bribe "brah, I never know" and I would believe him.

6716J

« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2023, 12:45:09 PM »
So looking at just the negligent concealment bills, specifically the HPD one, it seems that even printing just a little is a crime. Or if you have it in your carry bag and someone sees it.

Negligent concealment of a firearm by a licensee.  (a)  A person commits the offense of negligent concealment of a firearm by a licensee if the person holds a valid concealed carry firearms license and:

(1)  Without legal justification, displays or fails to completely conceal the licensed firearm, even briefly, causing alarm to any other person; or

(2)  Fails to secure the firearm on their person by dropping it in open view of any other person or by leaving the firearm in a public place.
I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy.

changemyoil66

« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2023, 01:36:19 PM »
So looking at just the negligent concealment bills, specifically the HPD one, it seems that even printing just a little is a crime. Or if you have it in your carry bag and someone sees it.

Negligent concealment of a firearm by a licensee.  (a)  A person commits the offense of negligent concealment of a firearm by a licensee if the person holds a valid concealed carry firearms license and:

(1)  Without legal justification, displays or fails to completely conceal the licensed firearm, even briefly, causing alarm to any other person; or

(2)  Fails to secure the firearm on their person by dropping it in open view of any other person or by leaving the firearm in a public place.

I already wrote to my rep who proposed this (saiki). What if someone reaches up to grab something on a high shelf and thus the their shirt lifts up.  Now their AIWB is visible for a second or 2.  Someone calls 911.

FYI, this happened at a Costco in Vegas. Metro responded and killed the legal CCW holder in the parking lot.  The cop stated the CCW holder drew his gun and pointed it toward the officer. But no gun was found in the parking lot.  When the EMT showed up and they put him into the ambulance, their SOP is to do a body search and inventory items found.  They found the CCW holders pistol tucked into his waistband still.  No witnesses saw the CCW holder draw his gun and all camera footage of the parking lot was down at the time.  Then Metro tried to claim the CCW holder is a pill popper and an addict.  He was prescribed vicotin or like pain killers due to back pain from being in the military. His more recent conversation with his father was that he rarely took the pain meds because he was reducing his intake of it. 

The officer stated it was another gun he used and not the one tucked into his waistband.  At this time, "blue cards" were issued for CCW holders. This was make, model and serial number specific.  Metro called the CCW holders brother to see if he can open the door to his dead brothers home so they can look for evidence.  Which means look for another handgun to make the cops claim true.

The Internal Affairs officer in charge was none other than the current Governor of NV.  And the cop who killed the CCW holder was promoted to IA later.  No wrong doing was ever found by IA or the Metro.