New Member Intro - Seeking Gunsmith Recommendation (Read 610 times)

ddivince1

New Member Intro - Seeking Gunsmith Recommendation
« on: January 21, 2023, 03:48:45 PM »
Hello,

I am a Marine who is new to the island and loves shooting. I came here with my gun collection and want to continue building it while I am here. I am looking for a skilled gunsmith for a variety of projects so that I can avoid shipping back and forth to the mainland.

The project I am looking to complete earliest is a 14.5 P/W upper with a suppressor ready muzzle device. I have all the parts except for the Krebs IMS device, and I am hoping to find someone who can assemble the upper, time the muzzle device on a lathe and permanently install it concentric to the bore. The Krebs device has been out of stock for a while, but once it is available, I will be eager to have the upper assembled.

View the Krebs device here: https://www.krebscustom.com/products/product/178-kcims-system-1-2

In the future I have some precision rifle (Howa) projects and an AK project that will require machining.

Can anyone recommend a gunsmith that they would trust to do great work?

Thanks for considering, and I am looking forward to meeting you all.

Daniel

Jaco808

Re: New Member Intro - Seeking Gunsmith Recommendation
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2023, 09:47:39 PM »

jd0210

nahp01

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2023, 10:00:11 PM »
I’ve used both mentioned above and have been happy with both their work. Koffinwurks is in Kailua so may be closer for you.

drck1000

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2023, 10:09:40 PM »
Wayne won’t do work on AKs. He often has Red Letter do pin and welding. Red Letter also does work on AKs. Red Letter has done work on two of my AKs and a couple of pin and weld jobs.