I Regret Buying the SIG P365 X Macro (Read 428 times)

macsak

ren

Re: I Regret Buying the SIG P365 X Macro
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2023, 08:14:56 PM »
 :popcorn:thought you owned nothing related to firearms...
Deeds Not Words

drck1000

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2023, 07:16:50 AM »
I've seen some reports of the finish on the newer Sigs (P320 and P365), but not quite as bad as what was shown on the video.  I haven't seen that level of corrosion on any of my firearms.  For the corrosion under the, that would be quite troubling since that's not an area that is exposed very often in normal maintenance.  Who knows how he was storing and maintaining a gun, but on face value seems like pretty "normal" use.  I've seen mag wear like that pretty quickly, but not rust that quickly. 

He had some strong opinions critical of the P365 macro compensator.  It has been covered many times that the compensator on the macro and other Sigs aren't the same as the ones he was comparing to.  Instead of ranting about the ineffectiveness of components of a gun, maybe he should read up a bit more. 

changemyoil66

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2023, 12:10:56 PM »
Who knows how he was storing and maintaining a gun,

A guy with a work are like that, I will assume he maintains and stores better than the average person.

Maybe this 1 part missed the treatment dip that is done to some metal parts to resist corrosion. 

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2023, 12:37:17 PM »
My opinion ...

i think the Sig pistols that were designed, manufactured and marketed for military, law enforcement and other professionals are top notch.  To dismiss and avoid all Sig products because he doesn't "trust Sig" is a bit of a broad condemnation of one of the best firearm makers available.

I used FrogLube on all my pistols.  None have any rust.  I see some of the ones I own being reported to have rusted for other owners.  As always, not all guns make it out of the mill identical to all others, and the conditions of carry, use and storage vary among owners.

Having said that, I see quite a few posts of people reporting rusting 365 mags on other forums.  Those who contacted Sig were provided immediate replacements.

The pistol itself doesn't seem to have as many reports of rusting, but there are some. 

Still many others have reported to own a 365 for years -- for carry and not -- without a single problem with finish or rust.

It may be that Sig decided to change the composition of the finish material or the process of applying it to save money.  That's a normal business decision.  They know if they made any changes, and they are aware of these complaints.  If enough people make this issue public, I'm sure Sig will correct it if they can.

Personally, I don't trust any gun maker to counteract the effects of time, elements and use/abuse on my firearms, so i use the best dry metal protectant I can get.  If you follow the directions and use the proper amount of heat to bake it into the pores of the metal, FrogLube not only protects during storage or carry, but it will partially liquify from the heat of firing creating a smooth, friction free coating.

I'm not selling FrogLube, just saying the owner needs to take rust prevention seriously and not leave it all up to the factory finish.
Truth, when not sought after, rarely comes to light.  -- Oliver Wendell Holmes, Sr.

I need some new conspiracy theories. All my old ones turned out to be true.

Hamburger Helper only works if the hamburger really wants to be helped.

changemyoil66

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2023, 12:40:11 PM »

Having said that, I see quite a few posts of people reporting rusting 365 mags on other forums.  Those who contacted Sig were provided immediate replacements.

Mrs. CMO's 365XL came with 2 mags that don't work. Contacted SIG about 3 months ago and they said they were out of stock of replacement mags. Followed up last week and the same.

Meanwhile, we picked up 2 mags from DCT.

2.5 inch blade is open and in the mag. Showing the follower is stuck at the bottom.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2023, 12:45:43 PM by changemyoil66 »

Xavierbaker

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2023, 01:41:56 PM »
Some people might hate it….but I’m not some people

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

changemyoil66

« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2023, 11:43:25 AM »
This post caused me to write an upset email to SIG and guess what, they have the mags in stock. I got a shipping label today to send back the defective mags.

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2023, 01:37:55 PM »
This post caused me to write an upset email to SIG and guess what, they have the mags in stock. I got a shipping label today to send back the defective mags.

Yeah, just because they show out of stock for purchase doesn't mean they didn't keep a supply to use for warranty exchanges.

:thumbsup: :geekdanc:
Truth, when not sought after, rarely comes to light.  -- Oliver Wendell Holmes, Sr.

changemyoil66

« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2023, 06:50:42 PM »
Yeah, just because they show out of stock for purchase doesn't mean they didn't keep a supply to use for warranty exchanges.

:geekdanc:
Wasnt out of stock on their website or LGS having orders arriving. It was only out of stock for warranty replacements. Grrrrr

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2023, 07:01:25 PM »
Wasnt out of stock on their website or LGS having orders arriving. It was only out of stock for warranty replacements. Grrrrr

:rofl: :rofl: :geekdanc: :geekdanc: