‘One set of rules’: Counties look to state for uniformity on concealed carry guns (Read 444 times)

aletheuo137

Rocky

As they mentioned, each county would/could still implement their own rules so the problem still stands of different county's, different rules.
Again this would only affect those with permits for more than one county.

When teaching Utah CFP, I always impress the importance of the rules of reciprocating / recognizing states.
Each state has different rules and you must be knowledgeable of them if and when you travel there.
No different than airline travel.
Traveling to Utah with an overnight layover in LA ?  :grrr:
“I ask you to judge me by the enemies I have made.”
                                                           Franklin D. Roosevelt

changemyoil66

Sounds like dictator Rick decided to finally listen. Mr. Gunho about sensitive places and blah blah. It's like someone told him and the counsel during testimony they will get sued and lose and no immunity like how the state does.  Which shows it's about $ and not about their feelings on keeping people safe.  Because if it was truly about that, then the $ part wouldn't matter.

QUIETShooter

Governor Greed (not trying to be insulting, this is exactly what HNN's closed caption said, and if HNN won't bother to correct it, then that's perfectly fine with me.  It actually fits this part time governor. :rofl:)
said that he wants to see mandatory insurance for CCW holders.

Just like car owners having insurance he said.

You know, when the low-lifes try to rob, rape, or burglarize you and you shoot them dead their family can sue you.

Because, you know, criminal lives matter.  CLM :crazy:
Sometimes you gotta know when to save your bullets.

macsak

not what happened...

Sounds like dictator Rick decided to finally listen. Mr. Gunho about sensitive places and blah blah. It's like someone told him and the counsel during testimony they will get sued and lose and no immunity like how the state does.  Which shows it's about $ and not about their feelings on keeping people safe. Because if it was truly about that, then the $ part wouldn't matter.

changemyoil66

changemyoil66

Governor Greed (not trying to be insulting, this is exactly what HNN's closed caption said, and if HNN won't bother to correct it, then that's perfectly fine with me.  It actually fits this part time governor. :rofl:)
said that he wants to see mandatory insurance for CCW holders.

Just like car owners having insurance he said.

You know, when the low-lifes try to rob, rape, or burglarize you and you shoot them dead their family can sue you.

Because, you know, criminal lives matter.  CLM :crazy:

Wait, didn't the anti 2a groups call this "murder insurance"?

Flapp_Jackson

Wait, didn't the anti 2a groups call this "murder insurance"?

I've posted many times on other threads why insurance for gun owners isn't "liability insurance" to protect others but rather "gun owner insurance" to cover the operator if they are forced to use their firearm in self defense or defense of others.

It gets very complicated.  The fact is, people who intentionally use guns to kill and injure others are not going to have "gun insurance," and if they happen to have it, the insurance company would not cover the shooter or his victims.

If you commit a CRIME using a gun (e.g. mass shooting), insurance is not going to cover you, because that would become a situation where the insurer would be paying benefits for an intentional criminal act.  Policies always have exclusions, and I believe most will exclude any intentional criminal acts.  Just like life insurance often has an exclusion for suicide.  Imagine someone with financial problems shooting is wife in the shoulder so she can then file a claim with his insurance.  if they both claim it was an accident, he probably won't be charged, but the liability insurance might solve their money issues.

This is just one more impediment (infringement) designed to jack up the total cost of firearms meant to discourage ownership.
Truth, when not sought after, rarely comes to light.  -- Oliver Wendell Holmes, Sr.

I need some new conspiracy theories. All my old ones turned out to be true.

Hamburger Helper only works if the hamburger really wants to be helped.

changemyoil66

Just like life insurance often has an exclusion for suicide.

Just to add additional info. Some life insurance policies have a 2 year exclusion for suicide at the time of application.  After that, it would be covered.

Which means if you commit suicide within 2 years of applying, then there's no coverage. But if you wait 2 years and 1 month, then it will pay the death benefit.

Flapp_Jackson

Just like life insurance often has an exclusion for suicide.

Just to add additional info. Some life insurance policies have a 2 year exclusion for suicide at the time of application.  After that, it would be covered.

Which means if you commit suicide within 2 years of applying, then there's no coverage. But if you wait 2 years and 1 month, then it will pay the death benefit.
Yes, some.

I'm talking about exclusions generally.  Insurance isn't in the business of paying people for committing crimes.  Liability insurance apart from being specific to firearm damages would make much more sense if the gov't wants to protect the public financially from criminals and negligent owners.  But, criminals won't be buying the insurance.  How effective is this mandated insurance really going to be?
« Last Edit: January 24, 2023, 02:57:12 PM by Flapp_Jackson »
Truth, when not sought after, rarely comes to light.  -- Oliver Wendell Holmes, Sr.

I need some new conspiracy theories. All my old ones turned out to be true.

Hamburger Helper only works if the hamburger really wants to be helped.

macsak

rpoL98

As they mentioned, each county would/could still implement their own rules so the problem still stands of different county's, different rules.
Again this would only affect those with permits for more than one county.

When teaching Utah CFP, I always impress the importance of the rules of reciprocating / recognizing states.
Each state has different rules and you must be knowledgeable of them if and when you travel there.
No different than airline travel.
Traveling to Utah with an overnight layover in LA ?  :grrr:
so Karl Roads will make the rules.  we all know how that goes.

ren

so Karl Roads will make the rules.  we all know how that goes.

Deeds Not Words

changemyoil66

sarcasm is hard...
Sarcasm is harder

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk