Random driveby shootings now???? (Read 2820 times)

Heavies

zippz

Re: Random driveby shootings now????
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2020, 07:20:42 PM »
Found it in google maps, 3337 Maunaloa Ave, multiple units.  Drug deal gone bad?
Join the Hawaii Firearms Coalition at www.hifico.org.  Hawaii's new non-profit gun rights organization focused on lobbying and grassroots activism.

Hawaii Shooting Calendar - https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?src=practicalmarksman.com_btllod1boifgpp8dcjnbnruhso%40group.calendar.google.com&ctz=Pacific/Honolulu

Platinum808

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2020, 07:24:25 PM »
WTF? 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/stolenstuffhawaii/permalink/2591643714431625/
He almost shot out that light with one hand out his window! Looks like he knows how to use that!
Oh ignorant youth, the world is not a joyous place. The time has come for you to dispense with the frivolous pleasures of childhood and get down to honest toil until you are sixty-five. Then and only then can you relax and collect your social security and live happily until the time of your death!

-Hunter S. Thompson

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2020, 07:46:13 PM »
"How can you diagnose someone with an obsessive-compulsive disorder
and then act as though I had some choice about barging in?"
-- Melvin Udall

stangzilla

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2020, 08:19:23 PM »
crime going to get worse soon.
with no work, no TP, less elderly walking the streets for the homeless to rob. criminals going get desperate
I actually live not too far from that video. scary bc I didn't hear anything about it until now

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2020, 09:19:49 PM »
crime going to get worse soon.
with no work, no TP, less elderly walking the streets for the homeless to rob. criminals going get desperate
I actually live not too far from that video. scary bc I didn't hear anything about it until now

You left out "no tourists to mug or break into their rental cars."
-- Melvin Udall

hvybarrels

« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2020, 09:48:07 PM »
Kia Soul. Looked like a lone gunman and guy was a good shot. He did not seem to want to kill people but more just to intimidate. Same house repeatedly targeted. This has feud written all over it.

It is definitely a concern that those who have a loose grip on sanity will be tempted to let their freak flag fly as the lockdown drags on.

It is also a great reminder to have at least one camera that is capable of reading license plates.
“Wars happen when the government tells you who the enemy is. Revolutions happen when you figure it out for yourselves.”

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2020, 10:04:26 PM »
Kia Soul. Looked like a lone gunman and guy was a good shot. He did not seem to want to kill people but more just to intimidate. Same house repeatedly targeted. This has feud written all over it.

It is definitely a concern that those who have a loose grip on sanity will be tempted to let their freak flag fly as the lockdown drags on.

It is also a great reminder to have at least one camera that is capable of reading license plates.

Guarantee if the resident returned fire, he'd be sitting in a cell while convicted criminals are turned loose.
-- Melvin Udall

Heavies

« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2020, 10:46:57 PM »

Notice the plywood protection for the parked cars, and the super strong spotlight.  That was odd to me.

Something going on.  Wonder if it is like the other recent incident were the home owner had to defend himself against the repeat offender juvenile delinquents?

HPD is quickly losing control of the situation,  and it's not even that bad yet.  Keep your head on a swivel out there folks.

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2020, 11:02:23 AM »
Notice the plywood protection for the parked cars, and the super strong spotlight.  That was odd to me.

Something going on.  Wonder if it is like the other recent incident were the home owner had to defend himself against the repeat offender juvenile delinquents?

HPD is quickly losing control of the situation,  and it's not even that bad yet.  Keep your head on a swivel out there folks.

Yeah, the plywood seems very odd.  Tells me they were trying to prevent objects thrown from moving cars from hitting their cars.

The cameras were also a tell.  Why have cameras pointed at the street?  Most would have them pointed directly at their property to cover doors, windows and vehicles ... and mailbox.   :rofl:
-- Melvin Udall

zippz

« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2020, 12:25:18 PM »

I take a more pessimistic view.  The tenants are hiding the cars from public view for a reason.
Join the Hawaii Firearms Coalition at www.hifico.org.  Hawaii's new non-profit gun rights organization focused on lobbying and grassroots activism.

Hawaii Shooting Calendar - https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?src=practicalmarksman.com_btllod1boifgpp8dcjnbnruhso%40group.calendar.google.com&ctz=Pacific/Honolulu

rpoL98

« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2020, 12:50:16 PM »
pretty good picture resolution with those Ring cameras, much better than my own old school CCTV security cameras.  I'm impressed.

drck1000

« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2020, 10:51:23 AM »
 :o

Hard to tell, at least from watching on my phone.  At first, I thought the first pop came from where the light was, then followed by two quieter pops with muzzle flash from the car.  Then I thought I could see a flash from the car back window first, then a pause followed by the two quieter pops. 

The plywood shield was definitely something ta make you go :hmm: . . .

I think that's not very far from one good friend.  I'll have to ask him if he knows what's up with that house/area.