may 27 range day- rifles (Read 13640 times)

macsak

Re: may 27 range day- rifles
« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2017, 04:54:24 PM »
So my conclusion stands regardless of which session.  Iron sights are all that's needed.

Geesh!   :crazy:

He claims not to have iron sights either

We all know he's not gonna show anyways

He'd rather sit on the chair at prime sports and pop off about "I bet I can bench more than mac" or "I bet I shoot better than mac or mark"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #21 on: May 22, 2017, 04:55:47 PM »

He'd rather sit on the chair at prime sports and pop off about "I bet I can bench more than mac" or "I bet I shoot better than mac or mark"

Well, he's a sharpshooter at heart .... so there's that.   >:D
"How can you diagnose someone with an obsessive-compulsive disorder
and then act as though I had some choice about barging in?"
-- Melvin Udall

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #22 on: May 22, 2017, 04:57:23 PM »

I don't think I'd own an AR-15 without BUIS.  Optics fail, they lose zero, they can be damaged, batteries die....
"How can you diagnose someone with an obsessive-compulsive disorder
and then act as though I had some choice about barging in?"
-- Melvin Udall

Inspector

« Reply #23 on: May 23, 2017, 06:12:37 AM »
I don't think I'd own an AR-15 without BUIS.  Optics fail, they lose zero, they can be damaged, batteries die....
I own several AR's and none have BUIS. Had a brand new red dot on a brand new AR and it failed after two shots on Sunday. Actually, the mount failed and it fell off. Put it away and shot my 1902 Rolling Block the rest of the morning. Sights don't fall off this rifle. But if you run outta ammo you can use it as a staff. And you can really hurt someone if you hit them with it.  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
SCIENCE THAT CAN’T BE QUESTIONED IS PROPAGANDA!!!

drck1000

« Reply #24 on: May 23, 2017, 07:19:29 AM »
I own several AR's and none have BUIS. Had a brand new red dot on a brand new AR and it failed after two shots on Sunday. Actually, the mount failed and it fell off. Put it away and shot my 1902 Rolling Block the rest of the morning. Sights don't fall off this rifle. But if you run outta ammo you can use it as a staff. And you can really hurt someone if you hit them with it.  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Sorry to hear that.  That would make me pretty  :grrr: for the remainder of the session.  Some here would call that a near perfect day on the range as they go home with more questions. 

That time I found out I mounted my optic 90 degrees off and had to cut short the session, that was the only gun that I brought that day.  If I had brought another gun, I think it would have helped salvage the session. 

Inspector

« Reply #25 on: May 23, 2017, 07:25:21 AM »
Sorry to hear that.  That would make me pretty  :grrr: for the remainder of the session.  Some here would call that a near perfect day on the range as they go home with more questions. 

That time I found out I mounted my optic 90 degrees off and had to cut short the session, that was the only gun that I brought that day.  If I had brought another gun, I think it would have helped salvage the session.
It may or may not have been my fault. I might have over tightened the screw that holds it on. I usually tighten 15 in lbs but I did 20 instead because I forgot to change it from the last screw I tightened minutes earlier. It didn't feel like I over did it, but the screw actually sheared off right in the center. Looking into whether I can buy replacement parts.

drck1000

« Reply #26 on: May 23, 2017, 07:31:44 AM »
It may or may not have been my fault. I might have over tightened the screw that holds it on. I usually tighten 15 in lbs but I did 20 instead because I forgot to change it from the last screw I tightened minutes earlier. It didn't feel like I over did it, but the screw actually sheared off right in the center. Looking into whether I can buy replacement parts.
Whose fault would it be?   ???  Didn't have your reading glasses handy?   ;D

Oh man. . .  :rofl:

Inspector

« Reply #27 on: May 23, 2017, 07:38:05 AM »

I think since they do not state torque specs for this and leave it up to me to guess that the company should take some blame in this. However, I wrote the company I purchased it from (on Amazon) and they said they can send me the parts. I keep offering to pay for the parts and shipping and they are ignoring my offer so far. Once this plays out I will write a review of how this works out.  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Inspector

« Reply #28 on: May 23, 2017, 07:41:09 AM »

I meant to write that the screw might have been defective. I will never know. But I think it should have taken up to 25 in lbs. I have torqued smaller screws to 25 and there has been no problem. So the fact that I torqued it to 20 should not have been a prob IMHO.

And so far the company I purchased it from has not said 20 was too much, either. So my fault? Or defective screw?  :oops: :oops: :oops:

drck1000

« Reply #29 on: May 23, 2017, 07:43:46 AM »
I think since they do not state torque specs for this and leave it up to me to guess that the company should take some blame in this. However, I wrote the company I purchased it from (on Amazon) and they said they can send me the parts. I keep offering to pay for the parts and shipping and they are ignoring my offer so far. Once this plays out I will write a review of how this works out.  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Ahh.  Gotcha.  I was just teasing ya.  But I see what you meant now.   :(

When stuff shears off like that, I usually envision the embedded part being unrecoverable.  Anyways, hope they take care of ya.  Customer service when something goes wrong is almost as important to me as the quality of the product itself. 

changemyoil66

« Reply #30 on: May 23, 2017, 08:51:53 AM »
Importance of back up sights.  So you can train through the problem.

ren

« Reply #31 on: May 23, 2017, 03:33:06 PM »

curious. What kind of mount was it?
Deeds Not Words

omnigun

« Reply #32 on: May 23, 2017, 05:02:21 PM »
Importance of back up sights.  So you can train through the problem.

True, Which is why I ordered a pair.  The sights I ordered are the Sig ROMEO4H 1X20 MM.  Which aren't even released yet, was supposed to come to market already and have had it pre-ordered for a while.   Gun's built on time but still useless if I can't aim it.  Most likely I will come next months open shoot so I can get my glock done too.  Ain't no glock 20 but 17L is bigger  O0

Edit*
I might actually be able to make it. Tracking says the irons will be here this week.  I've never shot irons before this might be interesting.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2017, 06:02:38 PM by omnigun »

Bushido

« Reply #33 on: May 23, 2017, 08:42:44 PM »
Downed optics drill.

dogman

« Reply #34 on: May 27, 2017, 09:39:24 PM »
No downed optics drill but another fun Range Day . . . I could have had even more fun if I shot better  :-[  Good job everyone else  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Bushido

« Reply #35 on: May 28, 2017, 07:55:44 PM »
No downed optics drill but another fun Range Day . . . I could have had even more fun if I shot better  :-[  Good job everyone else  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I shot good up until the vtac board drill. Position 4 was hard AF.

macsak

« Reply #36 on: May 28, 2017, 09:05:45 PM »
I shot good up until the vtac board drill. Position 4 was hard AF.

must've been all that sharpie ink on your hand

Bushido

« Reply #37 on: May 28, 2017, 09:29:15 PM »
must've been all that sharpie ink on your hand
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: If you ain't cheating, you ain't trying.

changemyoil66

« Reply #38 on: June 07, 2017, 09:06:04 AM »
True, Which is why I ordered a pair.  The sights I ordered are the Sig ROMEO4H 1X20 MM.  Which aren't even released yet, was supposed to come to market already and have had it pre-ordered for a while.   Gun's built on time but still useless if I can't aim it.  Most likely I will come next months open shoot so I can get my glock done too.  Ain't no glock 20 but 17L is bigger  O0

Edit*
I might actually be able to make it. Tracking says the irons will be here this week.  I've never shot irons before this might be interesting.

I got the Romeo5.  I like the auto on and off function.  And I keep the star wrench and extra battery in my butt stock compartment.   Unfortunatlly, the compartment can't fit a firing pin.