Social Media Commenting (Read 1247 times)

changemyoil66

Social Media Commenting
« on: March 22, 2019, 08:59:01 AM »
I've noticed within the past few months, there is more 2A support in the comments section compared to all the previous years.  And of course there are those anti 2A liberals still also.  Could it be because FB and other platforms are not removing comments as much (tinfoil), or is there is a rise in support because people are sick of bad guys.

It would be good if people here also post responses to stories by KITV, KHON, Star Bulletin, SSH, etc...so we can add to the support or correct stupid people and their brainwashed agenda.  I do understand that some people here like to be secretive about their 2A collection.  But I do not post any gun related things either on my social medias and have even have commented "I do not own any firearms".  But post facts, and not that I'm a gun owner.  But also support for all the other rights as well (1A, 4A, 5A, etc...).  Comments on local pages would be the best because if you go to a mainland gun FB page, of course most comments will be pro 2A anyways.  We need to focus on stuff that local people see from all sorts of backgrounds. 

I also understand that talking to a liberal is like talking to a wall.  Facts don't matter and you won't be able to change their mind no matter how good your argument is and what facts you have to back it up.  So this used to stress me out trying to convince stupid people.  And take a lot of time going back and forth.  So after a few responses I do not want to get enraged anymore, I just post my last comment as "*facepalm, no more responses from me".  But what my comments show is my support for the 2A to others who may feel the same way.  So to show anti-2Aers they cannot get away with their BS and agenda.  But it does make me happy when I get back up in the comments to the anti 2Aer from other people.  So again, it shows support.

Only 1 time has an anti-2Aers mind been changed.  But it took a murder of someone close as a wake up call.  He then bought a gun after that.  But he even admitted that he was wrong all these years about "not needing a gun".  I told him it took a big man to admit what he did and commended him for it.

We need to fight the battle on all fronts.  Laws, buying stuff, protest, social media, etc...Because we are outnumbered and do not control the fake news.

Direjackalope

Re: Social Media Commenting
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2019, 09:18:24 AM »
When I was a kid my mom told me hand guns were dangerous and useless and mostly used for crime. Two years ago at 62 years old she got a CCW and a Bersa Thunder 380 CC.

People can change. Sometimes they just need to see that other people happily are doing something they thought was dangerous or faux pas. Most opinions change slowly.

We’re all 2a ambassadors.

London808

Re: Social Media Commenting
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2019, 10:50:44 AM »
If any of you have seen me reply to people on Social media you will see how it’s done, I go back and forth with them explains my side, presenting facts, examples and evidence. Sometime for hundreds of posts. I’ve seen people change there mind or soften their stance many times.

The people that do the most damage are the “Fuck you it’s my right” people. Or worse the people that say that there’s no such thing as an assault weapon.

These type of arguments do nothing except bolster the anti Gun opinion  of people.
"Mr. Roberts is a bit of a fanatic, he has previously sued HPD about gun registration issues." : Major Richard Robinson 2016