Jussie Smollett paid $3,500 to stage his attack, hoping to promote his career (Read 12799 times)

Flapp_Jackson

Shortly after they cops found the 2 brothers, the producers said his character will be written off.  This is also prior to the video of them buying the supplies.  So I think the producers didn't want him back because it would open a can of worms.  I never watched the show so IDK how important he was to the story line.

He is still maintaining his story, but I think the atty is being looked into.  IIRC, he hired Avenatie's atty also.  Who was also busted.

I don't watch, but I read his character was married and went off on a long honeymoon.  So, not permanently written out of the story.  He can be "absent" until the show decides whether they want him back.
"How can you diagnose someone with an obsessive-compulsive disorder
and then act as though I had some choice about barging in?"
-- Melvin Udall

6716J

Empire is dead now anyways...

‘Empire’ To End After Upcoming Season 6; Still “No Plans” For Jussie Smollett Return
https://deadline.com/2019/05/empire-canceled-jussie-smollett-scandal-fox-upfronts-lee-daniels-1202613350/
I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy.

robtmc

Empire is dead now anyways...
Hope I did not miss anything.   :geekdanc:

drck1000

drck1000

Jussie Smollett's case to proceed in Chicago: federal judge

A federal judge ruled on Tuesday that the lawsuit against actor Jussie Smollett will not be dismissed.

The suit asks that Smollett reimburse the police department the $130,000 spent on investigating his alleged attack, which he asked to be dismissed because he couldn't have known how much time and money was spent on the investigation.

With the appointment of the special prosecutor, there remains the possibility that Smollett -- who has maintained his innocence -- could be charged again with staging the attack.

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/jussie-smollett-case-to-proceed-in-chicago-federal-judge

Hope he doesn't beat himself up about it. . .

eyeeatingfish

Jussie Smollett's case to proceed in Chicago: federal judge

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/jussie-smollett-case-to-proceed-in-chicago-federal-judge

Hope he doesn't beat himself up about it. . .

We can only cross our fingers and hope. He really needs to be held accountable for this.

changemyoil66

We can only cross our fingers and hope. He really needs to be held accountable for this.

He won't because of who he's friends with.  It's all for show.

drck1000

Held accountable, yeah, I also hope so.  Realistic?  Doubtful.  Even if he loses the suit and has to pay $130k, meh.  I bet he even benefits from this in may way in the future.  So many will forget the details, he'll stay out of spotlight for a while (already happening) and he'll come back with some issue.  Similar with Kap. . .

changemyoil66

Held accountable, yeah, I also hope so.  Realistic?  Doubtful.  Even if he loses the suit and has to pay $130k, meh.  I bet he even benefits from this in may way in the future.  So many will forget the details, he'll stay out of spotlight for a while (already happening) and he'll come back with some issue.  Similar with Kap. . .

Like  be a speaker at fake liberal rallies and make way more money doing that than their original jobs...

drck1000

Like  be a speaker at fake liberal rallies and make way more money doing that than their original jobs...
Yeah, like that.  Or be a champion for the fake downtrodden. . . The face of a distraction movement. . .

I do very much believe in karma/bachi.  While I wouldn't wish death on him or anything, if he eventually was mugged, then. . . 

eyeeatingfish

He won't because of who he's friends with.  It's all for show.

His friends in the prosecutor's office may have helped him with the criminal charge but they can't help him with a civil case. He is going to have to have more friends.

drck1000

With the appointment of the special prosecutor, there remains the possibility that Smollett -- who has maintained his innocence -- could be charged again with staging the attack.
Well, will his “friends” help with the special prosecutor?

changemyoil66

His friends in the prosecutor's office may have helped him with the criminal charge but they can't help him with a civil case. He is going to have to have more friends.

He does and they will help.  I know who his "friends" are, not just in the prosecutor's office.

eyeeatingfish

He does and they will help.  I know who his "friends" are, not just in the prosecutor's office.

Have to resort to character assassination then.

drck1000

Jussie Smollett sues city of Chicago for malicious prosecution

Jussie Smollett says the $10,000 he was mandated to pay after the criminal case against him was closed should prevent the city of Chicago from seeking reimbursement for the police investigation following his claim, back in January 2019, that he was a victim of a racist and homophobic attack.

Attorneys for the former "Empire" actor filed a response Tuesday to Chicago’s lawsuit in federal court. They also filed a counterclaim against the city, saying Smollett was the victim of a malicious prosecution that caused humiliation and extreme distress.

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/jussie-smollett-chicago-malicious-prosecution

He and Kap should just crawl back to their holes. . . Now that reasonable and rational people see them for who they really are, it's not about talent, discrimination, whatever. 

drck1000

https://babylonbee.com/news/jussie-smollett-offered-job-at-cnn-after-fabricating-news-story-out-of-thin-air

Jussie Smollett Offered Job At CNN After Fabricating News Story Out Of Thin Air

ren

Deeds Not Words

drck1000

fake news....for now....
Not sure if serious. But just in case... is satire...

changemyoil66

That's what happens when your friends are no longer in high places.