Welding supplies on Oahu (Read 2736 times)

Pit808

Welding supplies on Oahu
« on: June 20, 2015, 03:08:16 PM »
Hey guys,

I'm gonna start messing around with Tig / stick welding just for fun.  Where is the best / cheapest place on Oahu for welding suplies?  I know I can get most stuff online, but where do you guys go for your argon? 

Any issues buying a used tank off CL or private seller?

Can I lease a tank? Is it better to buy my own?

What size for small garage hobby stuff? 

Cost?. 

I don't have any welding background, so any info is appreciated.  Thanks  :shaka:
« Last Edit: June 20, 2015, 03:20:11 PM by Pit808 »
chitty chitty bang bang.......

macsak

Re: Welding supplies on Oahu
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2015, 07:07:50 PM »
Hey guys,

I'm gonna start messing around with Tig / stick welding just for fun.  Where is the best / cheapest place on Oahu for welding suplies?  I know I can get most stuff online, but where do you guys go for your argon? 

Any issues buying a used tank off CL or private seller?

Can I lease a tank? Is it better to buy my own?

What size for small garage hobby stuff? 

Cost?. 

I don't have any welding background, so any info is appreciated.  Thanks  :shaka:

there are tons of welders who shoot
and a couple of them are on this forum
hopefully someone will chime in or pm you

kia_killer

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Now you can have it.
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2015, 07:49:56 PM »
Gaspro is where I get my argon and most welding supplies, it's also easier to just get your tanks from them, they do a cylinder exchange when your tank is empty. With the cylinder exchange you don't have to worry about getting the tanks inspected every few years, and no wait to get the tank filled. cant remember what the tanks cost, got them awhile ago. I want to say about $80 for the smaller tank. That's a one time charge, after you get the tank from them, you just have to pay for the gas from then on.

dogman

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2015, 09:32:55 PM »
Gaspro is where I get my argon and most welding supplies, it's also easier to just get your tanks from them, they do a cylinder exchange when your tank is empty. With the cylinder exchange you don't have to worry about getting the tanks inspected every few years, and no wait to get the tank filled. cant remember what the tanks cost, got them awhile ago. I want to say about $80 for the smaller tank. That's a one time charge, after you get the tank from them, you just have to pay for the gas from then on.
+1

Pit808

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2015, 09:42:16 AM »
Cool. thanks for the info.  :shaka:

Anyone know a good affordable electrician that can put a dedicated 220 and 110 in my garage? I think I need a subpanel cuz my main panel is full.  I don't think my main is slim breaker compatible  :(
chitty chitty bang bang.......

kia_killer

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Now you can have it.
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2015, 03:46:16 PM »
Cool. thanks for the info.  :shaka:

Anyone know a good affordable electrician that can put a dedicated 220 and 110 in my garage? I think I need a subpanel cuz my main panel is full.  I don't think my main is slim breaker compatible  :(

I've used both kaala electric and schenk electric. Both are reasonably priced and do good work. Kaala is based on the west side, and schenk in Kaneohe. Whoever is closest to you will be the easiest as far as getting them to your place sooner. They are both usually pretty busy though.