I Didn't Know Pete Brownell is President of the NRA (Read 3712 times)

dogman

I Didn't Know Pete Brownell is President of the NRA
« on: May 11, 2018, 08:06:42 PM »
Well, for a few more weeks anyway and then it will be Lt. Colonel Oliver North.

hvybarrels

Re: I Didn't Know Pete Brownell is President of the NRA
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2018, 08:01:22 PM »
Lt. Colonel Oliver North.

I want my money back
“Wars happen when the government tells you who the enemy is. Revolutions happen when you figure it out for yourselves.”

rklapp

Yahh! Freedom and justice shall always prevail over tyranny, Babysitter Girl!
https://ronsreloading.wordpress.com/

groveler

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2018, 04:15:05 PM »
I want my money back

You are why Hawaii has a gun problem.
You do not know the difference between
freedom and serfdom.
You follow laws that enslave you.

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2018, 04:30:07 PM »
I want my money back

How much are you into them for?

Let me know, and I'll write a check ---
"How can you diagnose someone with an obsessive-compulsive disorder
and then act as though I had some choice about barging in?"
-- Melvin Udall

groveler

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2018, 04:47:59 PM »
How much are you into them for?

Let me know, and I'll write a check ---

I might help you out!
Life member NRA since the 80's.
I was going to join GOA for life, but maybe
I'll help you out.

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2018, 05:31:21 PM »
I might help you out!
Life member NRA since the 80's.
I was going to join GOA for life, but maybe
I'll help you out.

I just said I was going to write a check.  I never said which gun group I was going to make it out to...   :rofl:
-- Melvin Udall

hvybarrels

« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2018, 01:32:13 PM »
Ollie is a traitor and represents the worse attributes of the Deep State. His bloody fingerprints are all over the 90's crack epidemic which is exactly what the politicians used to justify the assault weapons ban and countless other gun laws in the first place. Right about the time Ollie was lying to congress about illegal arms shipments to Iran in order to fund El Salvador death squads, the NRA was stabbing us in the back with the FOPA full auto ban that set the precedent for the 'feature ban' wave which has been so lucrative for them over the years. They are not in the business of protecting rights, but peddling fear and extreme political polarization.

Send my $100 to the GOA.
“Wars happen when the government tells you who the enemy is. Revolutions happen when you figure it out for yourselves.”

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2018, 02:29:40 PM »
Ollie is a traitor and represents the worse attributes of the Deep State. His bloody fingerprints are all over the 90's crack epidemic which is exactly what the politicians used to justify the assault weapons ban and countless other gun laws in the first place. Right about the time Ollie was lying to congress about illegal arms shipments to Iran in order to fund El Salvador death squads, the NRA was stabbing us in the back with the FOPA full auto ban that set the precedent for the 'feature ban' wave which has been so lucrative for them over the years. They are not in the business of protecting rights, but peddling fear and extreme political polarization.

Send my $100 to the GOA.

I read the NRA also supported stationing nukes on Oahu around that time, too.

Damn you, NRA!  Damn you all to hell!

-- Melvin Udall

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2018, 02:49:59 PM »

Send my $100 to the GOA.

Your posts strike me as someone who condemns people for a few things you find objectionable, while you ignore the good they have done for over 100 years.

You have your history wrong (again).  The crack epidemic gave rise to many violent gangs clashing over turf (i.e. customers).  That lead to the gangs acquiring weaponry superior to the weapons commonly used by police and the public at large.

When gangs started carrying 9mm semi-autos with 12-15 rd mags, police still carried .38 specials and .357s with 6 rds max.  Semi-auto pistols became such a symbol of crime, the Brady campaign tried to have semi-auto handguns completely banned.  "Nobody but a criminal needs to carry that much firepower.  Semi-autos are not appropriate for home defense."

Once the police and home owners started arming themselves with semi-autos, the Brady campaign eventually dropped their anti-handgun agenda.  The guns were eventually "in common use" and could not be realistically associated with only gang members.  Once the semi-auto pistols were common, the criminals needed to up their game to more lethal firearms, including semi-auto rifles and illegally obtained/converted full-autos.  There is a case in NYC where a gun maker was charged criminally because his legal firearms could be readily converted to full auto with a couple of replacement parts.

The assault weapons ban didn't use "crack" as a justification.  There were some highly visible crimes and mass shootings which involved AK-47s.  At the same time, many gangs had acquired guns like Uzis, Tech Nines, and so on.  It was much easier to ban these scary rifles and pistols as having no legitimate use by the public, demonizing them as military weapons based on appearance.

Crack?  it was an underlying factor in the gangs' existence, but crack itself wasn't an AWB justification.
-- Melvin Udall

macsak

« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2018, 02:58:28 PM »
I read the NRA also supported stationing nukes on Oahu around that time, too.

according to some, there already were land based ICBMs on the Hawaiian islands...