Gun Registration @ HPD (Read 15779 times)

pacwire

Gun Registration @ HPD
« on: August 24, 2021, 02:36:18 PM »
All

Dumb me went down to HPD today (Tuesday) @ 10:30AM.  I thought we can just "stand by" for a Registration and NOT a Permit to Acquire....There were three people in Front of me.  Luckly I asked the HPD Officer who was "nice" how long the stand by will be ...."well, i would tell you that we need to do appointments FIRST so the last appointment is 2:10pm.  I would recommend you come back Thursday at 0630...."  Just thought i would "share"....:

Aloha!

Brian

changemyoil66

Re: Gun Registration @ HPD
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2021, 02:44:46 PM »
The "walk ins" aren't really walk ins. You are given a number at 7am.  If you're gone and that number was called, then no soup for you.  So basically  if you have a high number, then you have to be a future teller as to when to come back.  Or stand in line all day.

There is no rush to reg as Ige's proclamation waives this. 

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2021, 03:14:33 PM »
The "walk ins" aren't really walk ins. You are given a number at 7am.  If you're gone and that number was called, then no soup for you.  So basically  if you have a high number, then you have to be a future teller as to when to come back.  Or stand in line all day.

There is no rush to reg as Ige's proclamation waives this.

All depends on your timing.  If you get there when no one is in line -- appointment or not -- you can just cruise on through the registration line.

As for Ige's proclamation, it delegates authority to waive the registration time limit to the Chief of Police.  The proclamation itself doesn't waive it.  FYI.
"How can you diagnose someone with an obsessive-compulsive disorder
and then act as though I had some choice about barging in?"
-- Melvin Udall

6716J

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2021, 04:18:16 PM »
This is all just BS and cooling of 2A rights. All they do is find ways of keeping you from exercising your rights
I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy.

pacwire

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2021, 05:20:42 PM »
YES!!!! Timing is Everything!!!!

Aloha!

QUIETShooter

« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2021, 06:18:45 PM »
It's almost like one has to apply for a leave of absence from work or take vacation just to exercise their 2a rights to acquire and own a firearm in Hawaii.
Sometimes you gotta know when to save your bullets.

QUIETShooter

« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2021, 06:22:17 PM »
All

Dumb me went down to HPD today (Tuesday) @ 10:30AM.  I thought we can just "stand by" for a Registration and NOT a Permit to Acquire....There were three people in Front of me.  Luckly I asked the HPD Officer who was "nice" how long the stand by will be ...."well, i would tell you that we need to do appointments FIRST so the last appointment is 2:10pm.  I would recommend you come back Thursday at 0630...."  Just thought i would "share"....:

Aloha!

Brian

So is the officer saying standby is after all appointments which in your case was 2:10 pm.  Will they take the standby's after the last appointment?

So one viable strategy is to show up later in the afternoon and stand in standby line?

pacwire

« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2021, 06:51:05 PM »
Officer said every Tuesday / Thursday is different. If no appointment shows up standbys are next

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk

omnigun

« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2021, 07:30:08 PM »
I miss the appointment system. 

dirsh

« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2021, 09:53:28 PM »
They are infringing our rights
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
╾━╤デ╦︻

zhuzhits

« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2021, 09:45:27 AM »
This is unz. First come first serve walk ins were the best.

poke

« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2021, 12:12:56 PM »
I went to register on Monday and was told their system was "down" and to come back another day... anyone else experience this?

QUIETShooter

« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2021, 12:48:01 PM »
There are many ways to streamline this firearm acquisition process.  The anti-gun legislators and HPD have zero interest in any of them. 

pacwire

« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2021, 12:49:22 PM »
The lawsuit once settled will fix a lot of that. Can't wait. Mahalo hifco and Alan beck etc...

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk

6716J

« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2021, 12:58:49 PM »
Side note to all

The waiver of the 5 day period is no longer in effect as of August 5th and the latest proclamation by the Frog

https://governor.hawaii.gov/wp-content/uploads/2021/08/2108026-ATG_Emergency-Proc-for-COVID-19-Response-distribution-signed.pdf
I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy.

pewpewgoesthegun

« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2021, 04:04:38 PM »
Side note to all

The waiver of the 5 day period is no longer in effect as of August 5th and the latest proclamation by the Frog

https://governor.hawaii.gov/wp-content/uploads/2021/08/2108026-ATG_Emergency-Proc-for-COVID-19-Response-distribution-signed.pdf

Not saying you're wrong, but HPD on the records side said that they're still not enforcing the 5 day period due to the whole covid thing. Then again, I don't have it in writing, so I'm taking this at that one cop's word.

omnigun

« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2021, 04:17:40 PM »
Not saying you're wrong, but HPD on the records side said that they're still not enforcing the 5 day period due to the whole covid thing. Then again, I don't have it in writing, so I'm taking this at that one cop's word.

Yeah if they limit the opportunities to register and stay legal it would be a hard sell to penalize you.

QUIETShooter

« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2021, 09:04:45 AM »

Makes sense.  Kinda hard to enforce it if there are no means to allow law-abiding citizens to comply with the law.

And taking 50 people a day doesn't seem to cut it, especially now with Covid, civil unrest, and a questionable POTUS.  This would mean they need to make changes, either increase hours of operation or utilizing more people.

But then, since when did "sense" comes to play in anything leadership does.

Gshift

« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2021, 11:28:06 AM »
« Last Edit: August 27, 2021, 11:33:26 AM by Gshift »

changemyoil66

« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2021, 12:30:04 PM »
Makes sense.  Kinda hard to enforce it if there are no means to allow law-abiding citizens to comply with the law.

Doesn't matter, the law is the law. Al it takes is an over zealous prosecutor who wants to make a name for themselves.  In the mean time say HPD finds the gun in your home.  You get arrested and have to post bail.  Hopefully you don't miss work while you're trying to bail.  Then you need to hire an attorney and have that person prove that there were circumstances that led to you to not registering the gun.  Then the judge would have to feel the same way and rule in  your favor.  I say feel because per the law, it was unreg, thus illegal regardless of "how difficult life was made" for you.

So take what they guy at the window said with a grain of salt, because he isn't the one who will show up at your home. 

The question that I don't have the answer to is that the last proc about this was #21. Ige's newest proc isn't #22, but instead has a different title to it.  So does this new proc replace or add too the #21 proc?  I'm leaning toward replacing because it does mention the same HRS that have been suspended (excluding HRS134).  If it was an add on, it wouldn't mention the same HRS's.