COVID Passport at HPD (Read 3360 times)

DEROS

COVID Passport at HPD
« on: September 09, 2021, 04:10:02 PM »
Read an article saying that any one visiting a State facility will require a COVID negative test or passport starting immediately.  I’m assuming this will include PTA and registration. 

Someone report back if they go to HPD on Friday, 10 Sept, if this is true.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

poke

Re: COVID Passport at HPD
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2021, 05:23:50 PM »
Link to article? What a pain in the ass if true

DEROS

COVID Passport at HPD
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2021, 05:27:01 PM »
https://www.khon2.com/coronavirus/hawaii-governor-to-require-covid-vaccine-or-testing-status-from-contractors-visitors-at-state-facilities/

My mistake.  It starts on Monday, 13 Sept.

edit:

As I think about more, I guess HPD is not included.  It is "State" facility that require COVID passport/neg test.  HPD is a City/County facility.  Lets see if the Mayor follow suit, which would suck.

« Last Edit: September 09, 2021, 07:01:06 PM by DEROS »

aaronc5362

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2021, 06:30:15 PM »
Correct me if I'm wrong..

But as far as i know ige mandated all state workers to be vaccinated. So I can see why (not agreeing with him tho) state properties visited, you need a vax card or test results. Cause everyone who works their are vaxxed.

Last time I checked shopo said they will not enforce the officers to be vaxxed. So logically, they should NOT enforce visitors to vaxxed either.  What would be the point of visitors being vaxxed or not if their residents (officers, admin, people in custody, etc.) Are not?

I do not keep up with the news on this subject or pretty much anything really unless I see it on YouTube lol.

bass monkey

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2021, 06:50:55 PM »
Correct me if I'm wrong..

But as far as i know ige mandated all state workers to be vaccinated. So I can see why (not agreeing with him tho) state properties visited, you need a vax card or test results. Cause everyone who works their are vaxxed.

Last time I checked shopo said they will not enforce the officers to be vaxxed. So logically, they should NOT enforce visitors to vaxxed either.  What would be the point of visitors being vaxxed or not if their residents (officers, admin, people in custody, etc.) Are not?

I do not keep up with the news on this subject or pretty much anything really unless I see it on YouTube lol.

Let's see if SHOPO backs their claims & supports the officer who got his termination letter

dafrtknocker

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2021, 07:51:27 PM »
Shopo better hurry up!

Honolulu police officer is facing termination for refusing vaccination

https://www.staradvertiser.com/2021/09/09/hawaii-news/hpd-officer-is-facing-termination-for-refusing-vaccination/

Glasser

« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2021, 08:11:29 PM »
HPD is city & county, not state.

aieahound

« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2021, 10:44:57 PM »
Honolulu County is the only one  not allowing once a week testing in lieu of vaccination.
From the report.

aaronc5362

« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2021, 01:30:59 AM »
HPD is city & county, not state.

True but its the government.. They can re word it and extend it to other things as how they see fit. Just like how some places in the mainland extended the government's power to mandate masks onto children.  Their state gave the power to their dept. Of edumacation.. Lol

Just the way the world works .. I guess

Also if ALL OF HPD is required to get vaxxed then good chance all visitors will have to also....

And I did not know bout the officer's termination. Truly messed up.

QUIETShooter

« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2021, 05:06:53 AM »
Yeah, that officer only had about a year before being entitled for retirement.  Pretty messed up.  His wife is vaccinated but supports his decision for choosing not to be.

In the news interview he seemed calm and collected.  I would've been all bent out of shape, lol!

I would speculate he's contemplating suing the City.

And if he does I hope he wins.
Sometimes you gotta know when to save your bullets.

aaronc5362

« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2021, 06:42:50 AM »
Yeah, that officer only had about a year before being entitled for retirement.  Pretty messed up.  His wife is vaccinated but supports his decision for choosing not to be.

In the news interview he seemed calm and collected.  I would've been all bent out of shape, lol!

I would speculate he's contemplating suing the City.

And if he does I hope he wins.

I hope he wins a lawsuit too.

HollowMan

« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2021, 06:30:01 PM »
Question If they won't let you enter the building are they denying you your 2A rights?

omnigun

« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2021, 08:56:55 PM »
Question If they won't let you enter the building are they denying you your 2A rights?

That's true maybe this along with the recent lawsuit will actually change things.  🤔

aletheuo137

« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2021, 11:59:59 AM »
He is my good friend, Paul Kutsy's nephew. Paul is a retired NYPD police officer. Sorry to hear that, praying for him and his family.

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

aaronc5362

« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2021, 09:40:11 AM »
Just spoke with Susie from HPD.

The mandate does NOT apply for pta and registration.

Just a heads up

changemyoil66

« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2021, 10:13:03 AM »
Just spoke with Susie from HPD.

The mandate does NOT apply for pta and registration.

Just a heads up

Thanks for the info, "not yet" should be the phrase.  It would have to be Rick who mandates it (C&C).

Glasser

« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2021, 10:22:54 AM »

I did a PTA less than a year ago where they weren't letting folks into the building, they had officer come out, verify all your paper work, witness your sig and then they would walk it back in to the desk. 

Maybe someone could suggest they set up a drive thru like COVID testing.

omnigun

« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2021, 11:31:24 AM »
Hopefully soon they will eliminate the need to go to the station and get everything done with the LGS or FFL.  Wonder what's happening with that lawsuit/implementation.

DEROS

« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2021, 01:28:33 PM »
Hopefully soon they will eliminate the need to go to the station and get everything done with the LGS or FFL.  Wonder what's happening with that lawsuit/implementation.
I can agree with that.  Let the FFL do all the work via online and consumer pay them for the service.  We already pay FFL if we ship a gun to them, I willing to pay a little more to do the check and registration just to avoid the HPD process.

If bought from a LGS, this could be a free service added feature for buying local.  With the exception of charging for the Rap Back check which could still be paid by the LGS at their discretion.

Heck! This is how California does it and they have way more radical gun control than Hawaii.

aaronc5362

« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2021, 01:58:36 PM »
Thanks for the info, "not yet" should be the phrase.  It would have to be Rick who mandates it (C&C).

I hope there is not a "not yet", if that makes sense lol. I spoke to some other friends as well as sechawaii. First off, sechawaii said they will not enforce vax or testing. Just the new norm of temp. Taking and mask. They also said , under their interpretation , the mandate applies to places where you have to sit down. Spending more than 15 minutes.

If pta and registration is in 10 or 15 min increments plus being a City and county place.. Then that's like 3 home runs for us people.  I do not know if the mandate was extended to city and county property (hoping not 🙏) lol. If they had to take away all the chairs and tables in the pta and registration areas in order to bypass the vax mandate. I gladly will stand up. Lol

Hopefully no one goes to try and register 10+ guns at once lol. Then that may change their minds.