OpticsPlanet (Read 4401 times)

Jonny_Christo

OpticsPlanet
« on: October 11, 2020, 06:15:46 PM »
Anyone order from this place? 2 weeks and no shipping confirmation.

Brystont1

Re: OpticsPlanet
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2020, 06:58:58 PM »

First time huh?

eyeeatingfish

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2020, 08:39:42 PM »

I have ordered from them 2-3 times and never really had any problems. I did order something in April and they still haven't shipped it but when I emailed for status updates they always responded quickly to explain it was supply from Troy that they were waiting on.

omnigun

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2020, 09:26:32 PM »
They are beyond slow, but tend to be cheap and carry everything.  I've got things in days, some in months,  waiting on some stuff for 4 months.  You eventually get everything lol.

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2020, 09:43:15 PM »

If you log into your account or use the confirmation email to check the status, what does the status say?  Backordered?  Waiting for fulfillment? 

Sometimes they get backlogged.  If the item is backordered, they usually have an estimate for when they expect it to come in. 
"How can you diagnose someone with an obsessive-compulsive disorder
and then act as though I had some choice about barging in?"
-- Melvin Udall

Tacozfail

« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2020, 11:06:28 PM »
I have waited for 6 months for things to ship.  They are notorious for delayed shipping and not accurately listing in-stock status.

Unless it’s something you can’t find elsewhere or got an amazing deal on, I’d look elsewhere.

drck1000

« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2020, 12:43:44 AM »
I’ve had good experiences with them. I’ve heard their “in stock” indicators can be off, but I was told that usually because they have multiple warehouses.

They definitely aren’t my preferred online vendor, but I haven’t had problems when I did order from them.

For quality optics, they offer decent deals here and there. But I def wouldn’t call OP “cheap”. Like anything, your mileage may vary. That said, I haven’t ordered anything from them since Covid.

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2020, 12:57:15 AM »
It's been awhile since I ordered from them. 

I remember if I could find the same item on Amazon that's listed on there as "sold by OpticsPlanet", it usually worked out cheaper with free shipping. 

I also remember one item I canceled from OP after waiting more than a week for it to ship.  I got the item on another site for a little less, and it shipped the next day.

It pays to shop around and compare prices. OP is normally my last resort source.  If I find it elsewhere for the same price, I avoid OP.
"How can you diagnose someone with an obsessive-compulsive disorder
and then act as though I had some choice about barging in?"
-- Melvin Udall

changemyoil66

« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2020, 09:38:16 AM »
Pre Corona, I've never had a problem with them.  But haven't ordered during Corona.

dogman

« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2020, 10:14:17 AM »
I have ordered from Optics Planet a couple times a year and will continue to do so.

Jonny_Christo

« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2020, 01:24:40 PM »

drck1000

« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2020, 01:27:44 PM »

Jonny_Christo

« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2020, 01:29:27 PM »
If you log into your account or use the confirmation email to check the status, what does the status say?  Backordered?  Waiting for fulfillment? 

Sometimes they get backlogged.  If the item is backordered, they usually have an estimate for when they expect it to come in.

Waiting to be shipped since I ordered it.  I understand the delays with the whole Covid thing going on but they listed that they’ve expanded operations and shipping out orders in 1-3 days. It is my first time ordering from them and I might just impatient when it comes to new toys 😂

Jonny_Christo

« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2020, 01:33:00 PM »
What did ya order?

Primary arms 3x prism scope w/ACSS reticle and ISO tabs for my charging handle pretty much an extension.  Was going to order directly from PA but they didn’t have the tabs I wanted so I went with OP.

drck1000

« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2020, 01:36:40 PM »
Primary arms 3x prism scope w/ACSS reticle and ISO tabs for my charging handle pretty much an extension.  Was going to order directly from PA but they didn’t have the tabs I wanted so I went with OP.
Nice!  Lots of good reviews of PA’s optics.

Many times. My choices which vendor to order from comes down to what they have available, combining (like you did), and most of all, shipping cost. At least for me.

Jonny_Christo

« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2020, 06:53:54 PM »
Nice!  Lots of good reviews of PA’s optics.

Many times. My choices which vendor to order from comes down to what they have available, combining (like you did), and most of all, shipping cost. At least for me.

Yep that’s what led me to PA, all the reviews and reasonably priced.  Same, I’ll hop back and forth between sites to see what they have just so I can order all at once.

aaronc5362

« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2020, 09:10:06 PM »
I ordered a charging handle and pws ratchet castle nut during this pandemic.

My charging handle got to me in about a week. The pws item in bout 2 months. Yes, it said "in stock " for the pws but when i got the shipping notification for the handle it said the pws was backordered. They gave me an option to either wait for it, or a refund. I went ahead and waited. Its not like we can go shoot at the time this happened. I wanna say late march or early april.

Depends on shipping too. Sometimes the standard is same as "best value" and if i choose standard i usually get it faster. As of this last order (had to check my op bucks) ive spent a lil over 3k. But thats only cause i finally made an account couple years ago since they dont do the "old style" 10% off with gift cards. Now they only do OP bucks. Ive prob spent around 8k on them in my lifetime. They are pretty good.

drck1000

« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2020, 09:31:44 AM »
SNIP

Depends on shipping too. Sometimes the standard is same as "best value" and if i choose standard i usually get it faster.
I've noticed that with a lot of online vendors.  Seems like many have the option to ship where UPS handles pickup and hands off to USPS for transit to Hawaii.  The tracking starts as UPS and then there's a notice for transfer to USPS, but no tracking.  Some of those have taken up to 2 weeks to arrive.  Geissele was shipping many thing that method.  I didn't need the item urgently, but it would be good for them to indicate that when selecting the shipping option. 

Tacozfail

« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2020, 07:50:51 PM »
I've noticed that with a lot of online vendors.  Seems like many have the option to ship where UPS handles pickup and hands off to USPS for transit to Hawaii.  The tracking starts as UPS and then there's a notice for transfer to USPS, but no tracking.  Some of those have taken up to 2 weeks to arrive.  Geissele was shipping many thing that method.  I didn't need the item urgently, but it would be good for them to indicate that when selecting the shipping option.
Yup, UPS surepost.  Basically economy ground.  Gets put on a boat so you’ll we it show as transferred to local post office.  Then stays the same stays for a week or two as is comes across the ocean.

I now just assume it will take a week or two to arrive from most vendors.

Though my go to is now primary arms, joebobsoutfitters, armorally, righttobear and lanbosarmory. 

If you’re willing to wait dvor.com which is owned by OP is a good site. Basically run sales for 5 days at decent discounts but then it disappears.  Essentially like a group buy event. If you miss something just wait a few weeks or months and it comes back in rotation. Can get stuff for for 40% off sometimes.

blastoff747

« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2020, 12:29:12 AM »

Track it on the UPS site.  Once it gets transferred it will show the tracking number USPS uses.