Attempting to use Search and input "laser alignment" click Search icon (Read 3677 times)

WayneN

Wanted to review the recommendations on aligning (tips and tricks and optimal distance).  Tried to use Search function and would not come up with results or "none"

macsak

Wanted to review the recommendations on aligning (tips and tricks and optimal distance).  Tried to use Search function and would not come up with results or "none"
Try "zeroing" or "boresight" or "bore sight"

WayneN

Try "zeroing" or "boresight" or "bore sight"

Tried that but still no indication of Search running.  I am on IE11 did a refresh, turned off all blocks to tracking.  Maybe I'll go with Mozilla and give them a try.

Update: Tried Mozilla and still no Search.  Anyone who can simply direct me to a posting that shares recommendations on laser alignment / zero in with handgun (specifically a Viridian Reactor).  Overall suggestion is to use 50' maximum others have suggested 21'. Methodology from Viridian YouTube,  presuming your iron sights are aligned,  you aim and fire a grouping using laser.  Then use laser and aim at grouping and then you use windage and elevation adjustments to move laser to align to center of target.  Hence bringing the laser into line with open sights / bore.   However, the written instructions are much like the Crimson Trace process on YouTube.  Seems somewhat simple, presuming your open sights are aligned, just adjust laser to line up with top of front sight (which you could do at home) then take down to range for confirmation and adjust as needed.   Thank You!
« Last Edit: January 26, 2016, 05:04:13 PM by WayneN »

mauidog

Tried that but still no indication of Search running.  I am on IE11 did a refresh, turned off all blocks to tracking.  Maybe I'll go with Mozilla and give them a try.

Update: Tried Mozilla and still no Search.  Anyone who can simply direct me to a posting that shares recommendations on laser alignment / zero in with handgun (specifically a Viridian Reactor).  Overall suggestion is to use 50' maximum others have suggested 21'. Methodology from Viridian YouTube,  presuming your iron sights are aligned,  you aim and fire a grouping using laser.  Then use laser and aim at grouping and then you use windage and elevation adjustments to move laser to align to center of target.  Hence bringing the laser into line with open sights / bore.   However, the written instructions are much like the Crimson Trace process on YouTube.  Seems somewhat simple, presuming your open sights are aligned, just adjust laser to line up with top of front sight (which you could do at home) then take down to range for confirmation and adjust as needed.   Thank You!

I tried search, and the little magnifier icon looks broken.

Type in the search term and hit the ENTER key.

Worked on FireFox for me.
An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it.   -- Jeff Cooper

WayneN

I tried search, and the little magnifier icon looks broken.

Type in the search term and hit the ENTER key.

Worked on FireFox for me.

Thanks!  You are correct the Search Icon is not functioning.  I used the enter key on both IE11 and Mozilla and it worked. 

I used "zeroing laser" and did not really find any post that specifically answered my questions...perhaps my question were too elementary.  Regardless I will post and let those who can share their thoughts would be appreciated.  Perhaps on both handguns and long guns.