Gun Source felt like I was buying a car all over again. (Read 6691 times)

hop2it

Gun Source felt like I was buying a car all over again.
« on: November 17, 2013, 11:42:11 PM »
The shop was clean and the salesman reminded me of my BMW dealer! Nice PWS rifles which have gone up since the first one I purchased back in 2010. Good experience and I felt like I was at a dealership for some reason.

sliver

Re: Gun Source felt like I was buying a car all over again.
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2013, 12:15:45 AM »
The shop was clean and the salesman reminded me of my BMW dealer! Nice PWS rifles which have gone up since the first one I purchased back in 2010. Good experience and I felt like I was at a dealership for some reason.

what is gun source?

OldFaithful

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2013, 12:20:39 AM »
what is gun source?

It's a gun shop across the street from the Teddy's Burgers by UH.  South Beretania St.

sliver

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2013, 11:52:39 PM »
It's a gun shop across the street from the Teddy's Burgers by UH.  South Beretania St.

what is the address?  I didn't know there was even a Teddy's Burgers by UH

OldFaithful

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2013, 01:37:27 AM »
what is the address?  I didn't know there was even a Teddy's Burgers by UH

2357 S. Beretania St.

stangzilla

« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2013, 07:12:15 AM »
Too bad no more massage parlor anymore.  :oops:

fatpanda

« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2013, 07:47:21 AM »

yups Tony has that look and attitude.  Felt like i was buying a car instead of a firearm haha.  But one of the best gun shop owner in the island.

Mr. Farknocker

« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2013, 09:11:06 AM »
yups Tony has that look and attitude.  Felt like i was buying a car instead of a firearm haha.  But one of the best gun shop owner in the island.

Ditto. Notwithstanding the feeling, he's always greeted me with a smile and treated me well.

drck1000

« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2013, 10:03:19 AM »
Yeah.  Tony is a pretty cool guy, but part used car saleman and part snake-oil salesman.  You should've heard some of the stuff he was spewing to my friends who were new to firearms. 

He's really high on those PWS guns as well.  I've heard they are good, but a lot of the stuff he was spewing just wasn't true, like PWS as the only supplier for carbines to Navy SEALS (NAVSPECWARCOM). 

Mr. Farknocker

« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2013, 11:59:16 AM »
Yeah.  Tony is a pretty cool guy, but part used car saleman and part snake-oil salesman.  You should've heard some of the stuff he was spewing to my friends who were new to firearms. 

He's really high on those PWS guns as well.  I've heard they are good, but a lot of the stuff he was spewing just wasn't true, like PWS as the only supplier for carbines to Navy SEALS (NAVSPECWARCOM).

WOT?!! They're not???!! Dammit! I'd better have a word with Tony!   ;D

Lifer

« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2013, 02:00:39 PM »

^^agreed^^
Tony is always cool, but some of his statements are WAY out there.

Ive heard things like; PWS being backed up a year (but here are 3 right now), AR15 bans are coming by the end of the year (but you'll be grandfathered, so buy now), PWS prices are going to double (but for you, the price right now will be....), etc. None of this can be disproved, so......

BUT, all conversations end with  "its up to you" and it is. 

The art of sales is strong with Tony !

macsak

« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2013, 02:35:05 PM »
^^agreed^^

Ive heard things like; PWS being backed up a year (but here are 3 right now), AR15 bans are coming by the end of the year (but you'll be grandfathered, so buy now), PWS prices are going to double (but for you, the price right now will be....), etc. None of this can be disproved, so......

i've heard of too many stories like this to trust the guy
from many different sources
and even bait-and-switch where he takes rifles from people on the paid waiting list and sells them to customers in the store
and one even worse example that i am not at liberty to repeat
he's like the worst features of car salesmen

SpeedTek

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • Car Nut, Machinist, Gunsmith & Monkey
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
    • X-Ring on the WWW
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2013, 03:13:58 PM »
Can I just say autosource?
Political Correctness is FOS
I collect M1 Carbines, PM me if youre selling!
& Bolt Action 308s also 10/22 Rugers.
Buying STOCK Ruger 10/22 parts and bits, PM me.
Now doing Vintage VW Parts!

ren

« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2013, 04:39:46 PM »
Can I just say autosource?
please explain
Deeds Not Words

42itus

« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2013, 07:46:37 PM »
please explain

Former partner, I think.

bozo

« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2013, 08:04:30 PM »
He told my friend that new to firearms that it's really easy to modify his pws to full auto. He was really excited when he told me this but I had to burst his bubble and explain what had to be done to make it full auto.

redryderbb

« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2013, 08:44:51 PM »
Went to Gun Source right before the Presidential election and he had the PWS MK2 on the shelf.  He highly praised the long stroke piston system on the PWS MK2 being reliable like a AK47.  It was priced for 4k and said that after the election it will go for 5k easily.  I believed him so I tried to make a deal with him.  He said that if I paid 4k in cash, I could take the rifle home without paying the sales tax.  I was about to buy it but changed my mind.  I'm glad that I didn't end up buying it for that price.

fatpanda

« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2013, 09:14:29 PM »
^^agreed^^

thats what he told me too haha.  i normally dont listen to the sales person and do my own research.  The two people i usually take their word for it is the guys from OGC esp Dan, Eugene and Eric.  They give me their honest opinion.

But the pws ar's are good tho.