Apex Tactical - Glock Action Enhanced Trigger (Read 2462 times)

Bota-CS1

Apex Tactical - Glock Action Enhanced Trigger
« on: October 23, 2015, 11:43:15 AM »
Apex Tactical - Glock Action Enhanced Trigger (aka Flat faced trigger)

Link to announcement
http://www.apextactical.com/blog/index.php/apex-news/apex-goes-glock-with-new-action-enhancement-trigger/

Review:
Apex Tactical just recently released their Glock Action Enhanced Trigger to market.  I picked one up for $99.00 + USPS Priority shipping and it promptly arrived on Monday.  Installation took all of a few minutes, and I'll be taking it out to the range next Saturday.  My first impressions of dry firing the new trigger at home was that the uptake was indeed much much smoother - like skating on ice.  Absent was the usually gritty, grinding feel of the trigger bar as it works it way against the trigger mechanism housing.  This was primarily due to the geometry of the Gen3 bar which I opted to purchase and the polishing Apex does - I'm still using the OEM trigger connector.  This mod will not turn your beloved Glock trigger into a 1911 trigger by any stretch.  While the take up is much smoother, and the reset is still very firm, the "break" of the trigger is still the mushy "thunk" one you've come to expect from shooting a Glock.  I liked the shape of the new trigger shoe as the flatter face gives me a better feel for when my finger is properly centered.

Pros:
Relatively inexpensive @ $99.00 + shipping
Smoother uptake
OEM parts so reliability and function are not affected

Cons:
Non adjustable
It's a Glock trigger
No one is coming, it’s up to us.

Legislation should never be about depriving law abiding citizens of something, but rather taking those things away from criminals.

macsak

Re: Apex Tactical - Glock Action Enhanced Trigger
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2015, 12:01:46 PM »
Apex Tactical - Glock Action Enhanced Trigger (aka Flat faced trigger)

Link to announcement
http://www.apextactical.com/blog/index.php/apex-news/apex-goes-glock-with-new-action-enhancement-trigger/

Review:
Apex Tactical just recently released their Glock Action Enhanced Trigger to market.  I picked one up for $99.00 + USPS Priority shipping and it promptly arrived on Monday.  Installation took all of a few minutes, and I'll be taking it out to the range next Saturday.  My first impressions of dry firing the new trigger at home was that the uptake was indeed much much smoother - like skating on ice.  Absent was the usually gritty, grinding feel of the trigger bar as it works it way against the trigger mechanism housing.  This was primarily due to the geometry of the Gen3 bar which I opted to purchase and the polishing Apex does - I'm still using the OEM trigger connector.  This mod will not turn your beloved Glock trigger into a 1911 trigger by any stretch.  While the take up is much smoother, and the reset is still very firm, the "break" of the trigger is still the mushy "thunk" one you've come to expect from shooting a Glock.  I liked the shape of the new trigger shoe as the flatter face gives me a better feel for when my finger is properly centered.

Pros:
Relatively inexpensive @ $99.00 + shipping
Smoother uptake
OEM parts so reliability and function are not affected

Cons:
Non adjustable
It's a Glock trigger

:thumbsup: