How's the line at HPD? (Read 960395 times)

ImKu

How's the line at HPD?
« on: November 08, 2012, 08:39:21 AM »
Thinking about going today during working hours, but don't want to be stuck in a super long line.  Anyone go yesterday?
The mind acts like an enemy for those who do not control it.
- Bhagavad Gita

Inertia46

Re: How's the line at HPD?
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2012, 08:49:01 AM »
I was just about to post about this.  I just came from there and the line is out the door and to the 2nd or 3rd pillar.  I didn't bother to wait.

ImKu

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2012, 09:02:54 AM »
Wow... kinda thought that it might be like that.  Guess I'll pick up my goods later.  Thanks for the update :thumbsup:
- Bhagavad Gita

kaloman

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2012, 10:31:03 AM »
Wow...

swissk31

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • Liberalism is a mental disorder - M. Savage
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
How's the line at HPD?
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2012, 10:35:54 AM »
Obama best gun sales man of the year again.

viet_ladin

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2012, 02:33:52 PM »
Went to HPD yesterday, and today.  Yesterday, I went at 12:00, and the line was to the door.  Went again today, around 8:50, and the line was out the door.  Freaking ridiculous.  Gonna go tomorrow, and camp out before they open.  Hopefully I'll get out in time to get to work.   :wtf:

SpeedTek

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • Car Nut, Machinist, Gunsmith & Monkey
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
    • X-Ring on the WWW
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2012, 03:12:30 PM »
I hear 4pm empty to a few ppl
Political Correctness is FOS
I collect M1 Carbines, PM me if youre selling!
& Bolt Action 308s also 10/22 Rugers.
Buying STOCK Ruger 10/22 parts and bits, PM me.
Now doing Vintage VW Parts!

Dregs

« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2012, 05:08:53 PM »
Went today at 2:30pm, line was to the door. BUT, one of them desk guys came out and asked if anyone is in line for pick up permit only. About half the line gave the guy their ID and left the line.

viet_ladin

« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2012, 05:33:20 PM »
Went today at 2:30pm, line was to the door. BUT, one of them desk guys came out and asked if anyone is in line for pick up permit only. About half the line gave the guy their ID and left the line.

They should do that ALL the time.  A good majority of the time, 50% or more people are only waiting to pickup their permits. 

Dblnaknak

« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2012, 06:18:43 PM »
There should be a lot of guns for sale in a couple years after everyone figures out the zombies aren't coming and there is no revolution because of Obama.

ImKu

« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2012, 07:09:54 PM »
There should be a lot of guns for sale in a couple years after everyone figures out the zombies aren't coming and there is no revolution because of Obama.

If your really think that that's the only reason ppl buy guns... That's part of the problem of being a gun owner.  How bout self defense, competition, hunting or for a hobby?  I'll speak for myself, not sellin mine.
- Bhagavad Gita

xer 21

« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2012, 07:26:35 PM »
If your really think that that's the only reason ppl buy guns... That's part of the problem of being a gun owner.  How bout self defense, competition, hunting or for a hobby?  I'll speak for myself, not sellin mine.
don't act like there AREN'T idiots just panicking because they have no rational thought right now.  This happened 4 years ago too.  People need to calm the hell down.

WCMTWS

« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2012, 07:30:59 PM »

Please explain?

ren

« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2012, 08:06:14 PM »
There should be a lot of guns for sale in a couple years after everyone figures out the zombies aren't ARE coming and there is no revolution because of Obama.
The CDC thinks so...http://www.cdc.gov/phpr/zombies_novella.htm
Deeds Not Words

ImKu

« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2012, 08:38:12 PM »
don't act like there AREN'T idiots just panicking because they have no rational thought right now.  This happened 4 years ago too.  People need to calm the hell down.

First off, I'm NOT "acting" like anything.  Labeling other gun owners as "idiots with no rational" does NOT help.  This is MY opinion.  The fact that ppl are scared that their RIGHT to own a gun might be taken away is sad.  Patronizing other gun owners like that is arrogant.  Labeling gun owners as idiots, crazy, paranoid, violent or whatever is why so many frown upon gun ownership to begin with. Especially with what's going on in the news.  In short, judging others is lame.
- Bhagavad Gita

Bigkahuna808

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • "He's got the eye of the Jew"
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2012, 08:41:33 PM »
I think I'll wait to buy and register on black Friday. Hopefully everyone else is being dragged around by their wife's and gf so they'll be too busy to stand in line

xer 21

« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2012, 09:51:50 PM »
First off, I'm NOT "acting" like anything.  Labeling other gun owners as "idiots with no rational" does NOT help.  This is MY opinion.  The fact that ppl are scared that their RIGHT to own a gun might be taken away is sad.  Patronizing other gun owners like that is arrogant.  Labeling gun owners as idiots, crazy, paranoid, violent or whatever is why so many frown upon gun ownership to begin with. Especially with what's going on in the news.  In short, judging others is lame.

i have no responsibility or reason to defend a bunch of other people just because we all shoot guns.

this panic buying is ALSO not looked on fondly by the anti gun community.  and some of it IS panic buying.  you seemed to be minimizing that fact.  sure, guns sales noticeably jumped the DAY AFTER an election, because all of the sudden, people, totally independent of the results, decided to buy guns.

it's panic buying, and its stupid, and im going to call it as i see it. 

no anti gun person is going to come on here, see i called panic buyers idiots, and think "man, wow, i guess they're all idiots".  they already think that.

but ordinary people are going to see the dude buying 6 lowers and a 5 cases of ammo and 20 30 round magazines and think that that dude is crazy.  and i agree with them, but for a different reason.  i think it's crazy, because i think nothing is going to happen, and that guy is going to be stuck with a bunch of imnpulse buys that he needs even MORE money to take advantage of, and will ultimately either end up selling, or taking a huge, unnecessary loss.

ImKu

« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2012, 10:05:12 PM »
i have no responsibility or reason to defend a bunch of other people just because we all shoot guns.

this panic buying is ALSO not looked on fondly by the anti gun community.  and some of it IS panic buying.  you seemed to be minimizing that fact.  sure, guns sales noticeably jumped the DAY AFTER an election, because all of the sudden, people, totally independent of the results, decided to buy guns.

it's panic buying, and its stupid, and im going to call it as i see it. 

no anti gun person is going to come on here, see i called panic buyers idiots, and think "man, wow, i guess they're all idiots".  they already think that.

but ordinary people are going to see the dude buying 6 lowers and a 5 cases of ammo and 20 30 round magazines and think that that dude is crazy.  and i agree with them, but for a different reason.  i think it's crazy, because i think nothing is going to happen, and that guy is going to be stuck with a bunch of imnpulse buys that he needs even MORE money to take advantage of, and will ultimately either end up selling, or taking a huge, unnecessary loss.

I see your point.
- Bhagavad Gita

xer 21

« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2012, 10:27:30 PM »
if i seem to be coming off strong, i apologize.  im not trying to start any fights or cause any divisions.  its just that, i saw people do that last election, and saw prices spike.  you see it with gasoline every so often.  people have a tendency to overreact, and its unnecessary, and ultimately reflects poorly (if unfairly) on those the community as a whole.

Funtimes

« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2012, 11:14:20 PM »
if i seem to be coming off strong, i apologize.  im not trying to start any fights or cause any divisions.  its just that, i saw people do that last election, and saw prices spike.  you see it with gasoline every so often.  people have a tendency to overreact, and its unnecessary, and ultimately reflects poorly (if unfairly) on those the community as a whole.

Yeah it's a overreaction, until you don't have any - or there is a shortage.   Which, there will indeed be a shortage of ammunition, and firearms for a few months following this.