Has anyone used the online only hunter ed course to purchase a pistol yet? (Read 3051 times)

Direjackalope

Wanted to make sure that this has been put from theory into practice so that I'm not giving some coworkers bad advice.  (Army NG vet so no safety/practical knowledge concerns)

omnigun

Yes, if it gives you the certificate.  That's all you need to show to purchase a handgun.

Direjackalope

So have you done this or do you have first hand knowledge of someone doing this successfully? 

macsak

Yes, if it gives you the certificate.  That's all you need to show to purchase a handgun.

that's not what the OP asked...

omnigun

Op asked if the online course works.  I responded that if they give you the certificate, that's what is required. So if the online course gives you the same certificate than you can use it to purchase a handgun...

omnigun

So have you done this or do you have first hand knowledge of someone doing this successfully?

I have used one I got long ago many times.  Not the online one.  Though I doubt they will give you a different one.  You can clarify with the office if you get the permit card. 

Direjackalope

CORRECT!

Flapp_Jackson

Op asked if the online course works.  I responded that if they give you the certificate, that's what is required. So if the online course gives you the same certificate than you can use it to purchase a handgun...

Another thread that's suddenly about what you think.

He asked if anyone has personally put this to the test:  "from theory into practice."

All you did was reiterate the THEORY.

:wacko: :popcorn:
"How can you diagnose someone with an obsessive-compulsive disorder
and then act as though I had some choice about barging in?"
-- Melvin Udall

hilokane

I emailed hpd and was told that the digital certificate is not accepted but the paper certificate that you get in the mail is. The paper cert I recieved was signed by the state of hawaii.

Direjackalope

That's excellent information.  Thank you!  I'll track down a buddy who had done the in person and we'll see if there's any differences in the cards as well.  High fives all around.  And if there's any one else who has proof of concept or failure please speak up.  A good study can be replicated.

macsak

no they didn't
FOCUS...

but not to worry, you will just say it was a "mistake" so that you are not wrong...

Eric808

My sister passed the online hunters ed course and used it to get a pistol PTA.  Will know in 2 weeks if there are any problems.

Direjackalope

Thanks for the tip. My coworker is going to run with it. One more responsible gun owner on the winning team.

Influence

I’m sure others will beat me to it, but will let you know as soon as we can land an appointment.  Had the wife take the online course and will be doing joint registration on one of my handguns for her to have.

Eric808

Sister had success with getting Long gun permit and PTA and registration today, using he online Hunters Ed card.

Direjackalope

High fives all around. Thanks for following up!