2A Hawaii Poster for gunshops (Read 11743 times)

Antithesis

2A Hawaii Poster for gunshops
« on: October 15, 2010, 12:50:36 AM »
Hey 2A, not sure if you already have something like this in the works but I was thinking it might be useful to have a universal 2aHawaii.com sign/poster that can be handed out to the various local gun shops or related local businesses that want to support the 2A movement and the website.  You could offer them use of the forums i.e. the classified section for vendors as free advertising for their sales in exchange for some window space in their shops that way it's a win-win for both parties, just like shared linking on the internet.   
"Si vis pacem, para bellum"
If you wish for peace, prepare for war

2aHawaii

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Sheepdog
  • Referrals: 17
    • View Profile
    • 2aHawaii
Re: 2A Hawaii Poster for gunshops
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2010, 08:12:58 AM »
I haven't created any posters but was trying to think of ideas for flyers that we could put in the gun shops. I am open to any suggestions or designs.

As far as vendors having a place to have free advertising, they can already get that if they contact me. Just trying to give freely to the 2a supporting community.

P.S. I'll do the same for any gun clubs too. I've tried contacting them but nobody has gotten back to me yet.
I am not a lawyer.

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." - United States Constitution Amendment 2 & Hawaii State Constitution Article 1 Section 17

Buying from Amazon? Click through here

Funtimes

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2010, 03:43:11 PM »
I can say the same -- I put links to OGC and one of the other stores up since they were good tables at the gun show !

Been looking for the gun clubs, would like to get in on that since they can use the ranges and make their own rules.
Check out the Hawaii Defense Foundation.
HDF on Facebook
Defender of the Accused in Arkansas Courts
Posts are not legal advice & are my own, unless said so.

Tom_G

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2010, 10:05:27 PM »
Been looking for the gun clubs, would like to get in on that since they can use the ranges and make their own rules.

You are misinformed.  All club range practices have to be approved by the KHSC rangemaster.  And clubs get punished when they fail to follow those rules. 

Yes, some clubs can do things you can't do on the public ranges.  A club's rules can accommodate practices necessary to their sport.  Cowboy Action Shooting, for example, requires steel targets at closer ranges than would normally be allowed, but this is permitted because they shoot only lead.  IPSC requires rapid fire and drawing from a holster, so this is allowed for the IPSC club.  LIFE is not allowed to do any of these things because the club is founded to teach NRA basic classes, and such actions are not on the NRA's list of approved techniques.  The shotgun clubs don't shoot handguns or rifles, although HPD does on those same berms.  There are also caliber restrictions on the action bays, and prohibitions.  No shooting into the ground or into the side berms, for example. 

The clubs there work hard to make sure they follow the agreed-upon rules.  More than one club has lost their use of the bay for making it up.
The difference between theory and reality is that, in theory, there is no difference between theory and reality.

Funtimes

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2010, 10:22:08 PM »
If I could get the time to contact insurance companies all the range masters told me I needed was 300k in liability, a authorized instructor, established under a 501.3c, and also open to the public. I had inquired previously about forming our own group and this is the info I was provided.  I understand they have some rules -- but the majority of the really stupid ones rapid fire, holster draws ect didn't seem to apply.

I know a few tactical instructors, and would look to create a group for self-defense tactics. If they veto it... well.. I would say standby for appeals.
I just haven't really looked into the insurance, was going to do a NRA instructor course and look into some other stuff first.

What I really wish, is that the indoor ranges would come down a little in cost they charge a bit to much per hour / use and normally with the requirement we buy their ammo. It's a little to much and drives a lot of people away imo.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2010, 10:32:34 PM by Funtimes »
Check out the Hawaii Defense Foundation.
HDF on Facebook
Defender of the Accused in Arkansas Courts
Posts are not legal advice & are my own, unless said so.

b.delpilar

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2010, 01:52:34 AM »
FunTimes - Your website looks great!

« Last Edit: October 22, 2010, 12:10:20 AM by b.delpilar »