Fake Tournaquettes (Read 20732 times)

changemyoil66

Re: Fake Tournaquettes
« Reply #40 on: February 21, 2017, 12:51:50 PM »

Fake one has no CAT on the back plate. Earlier gens its in white.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

changemyoil66

« Reply #41 on: February 21, 2017, 12:52:35 PM »

Bought the fake one in septemer, but it says october. No lot number

changemyoil66

« Reply #42 on: February 21, 2017, 12:53:02 PM »

Red pull tab is heated on fake one.

changemyoil66

« Reply #43 on: February 21, 2017, 12:53:27 PM »

Time band looks legit.

changemyoil66

« Reply #44 on: February 21, 2017, 12:54:05 PM »

Stick doesnt say CAT on fake one

whynow?

« Reply #45 on: February 21, 2017, 06:10:25 PM »
Great news!   :thumbsup:

Looks like you got the "good stuff" at a great price.  More TQs for training as well as having some that you can place in various places, like car, home, work, etc.
Very lucky getting real TQs on ebay.  I ordered 2 Gen 7 TQs from NAR today.  If you want USPS priority shipping, need to call in the order and tell the CS guy.  Shipping for 2 is $9, better than the 2 day air or ground shipping costs.
The good thing about this thread is it made me re-practice using the TQ's again and re-watch the videos for CAT and SOF-T again.   Need to remember to practice this periodically.   Also added some duct tape to my setup and group med bag to keep the windlass in place.

whynow?

« Reply #46 on: February 21, 2017, 06:13:42 PM »
Typically for the leg (thigh) 2 is 1 and 1 is none.  Especially if there is a lot of muscle on the person.
Thanks for all the pic comparisons.  I ordered 2 of the Gen 7 like you show with the gray strap direct from NAR today, so no issue about being fake.

drck1000

« Reply #47 on: February 22, 2017, 06:48:59 AM »
Very lucky getting real TQs on ebay.  I ordered 2 Gen 7 TQs from NAR today.  If you want USPS priority shipping, need to call in the order and tell the CS guy.  Shipping for 2 is $9, better than the 2 day air or ground shipping costs.
The good thing about this thread is it made me re-practice using the TQ's again and re-watch the videos for CAT and SOF-T again.   Need to remember to practice this periodically.   Also added some duct tape to my setup and group med bag to keep the windlass in place.
Thanks for the tip on ordering.  Shipping is a sensitive issue for me and I have boycotted vendors for limiting shipping options to only expensive FedEx and UPS when I know USPS is reasonable. 

Yeah, like anything, application of the TQ's isn't difficult, but when under stress and time to application is critical, one should practice.  I haven't in a long time and this thread sort of reminded me that I should.  While these are also designed to be applied one handed, it does take some practice. 

oldfart

« Reply #48 on: February 22, 2017, 10:03:07 AM »
I'm learning a lot from this thread.
I was wondering about an expiration date.
Is it 5 years?

I have seen nylon webbing that falls apart after a few years.
What, Me Worry?

changemyoil66

« Reply #49 on: February 22, 2017, 01:00:31 PM »
I'm learning a lot from this thread.
I was wondering about an expiration date.
Is it 5 years?

I have seen nylon webbing that falls apart after a few years.

I'm sure NAR can answer your question.  But that's why it's a good idea to test your gear at least once a year.  I change the water in my BOB every 6 months and audit it annually.

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #50 on: February 22, 2017, 02:14:30 PM »
I'm sure NAR can answer your question.  But that's why it's a good idea to test your gear at least once a year.  I change the water in my BOB every 6 months and audit it annually.

There's a PDF file on the NARESCUE site that says the US Army Institute of Surgical Research (USAISR) created a list of 7 absolute requirements for tourniquets.  #7 says"

"Extended Storage:  Must have a shelf life in excess of 10 years."

I emailed them for the specific recommended maximum storage time, but the PDF stated the CAT was evaluated by the Army as "`100% effective" and was selected as the Army's primary pre-hospital tourniquet.

"At least ten years" looks like the official answer for "Expiration".
"How can you diagnose someone with an obsessive-compulsive disorder
and then act as though I had some choice about barging in?"
-- Melvin Udall

changemyoil66

« Reply #51 on: February 22, 2017, 08:56:09 PM »
I had free shipping from medical gear outfitters (skinny medic)

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #52 on: February 24, 2017, 12:02:43 PM »
Received a reply to my email asking about the maximum shelf life of the C-A-T.

"How can you diagnose someone with an obsessive-compulsive disorder
and then act as though I had some choice about barging in?"
-- Melvin Udall

whynow?

« Reply #53 on: February 24, 2017, 11:03:25 PM »
CAT Gen 7 tourniquets direct from North American Rescue come wrapped like this.
https://mail.twc.com/do/mail/message/document?msgId=INBOXDELIM58953&part=2
Ordered Tues. a.m. and arrived today from east coast. 

whynow?

« Reply #54 on: February 24, 2017, 11:26:05 PM »
Pic of NAR TQ

AmbuBadger

« Reply #55 on: March 04, 2017, 10:55:00 PM »
Typically for the leg (thigh) 2 is 1 and 1 is none.  Especially if there is a lot of muscle on the person.

At the last active shooter training class we had, the instructors advocated using at least two on the thigh, citing that it offended required at least that to stop the bleeding. They also told us not to bother with the RAT type because the band was too narrow, and would cause nerve damage to the pt. We are issued the CAT at both HFD and AMR Ambulance.

dustoff003

« Reply #56 on: March 05, 2017, 04:00:00 AM »
Here is a pic of the latest Gen. 7 CAT for you all's reference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

changemyoil66

« Reply #57 on: March 05, 2017, 09:45:48 PM »
At the last active shooter training class we had, the instructors advocated using at least two on the thigh, citing that it offended required at least that to stop the bleeding. They also told us not to bother with the RAT type because the band was too narrow, and would cause nerve damage to the pt. We are issued the CAT at both HFD and AMR Ambulance.
For RAT they
 recommend  a 1/2 inch space between each cord. But in a stressful condition, u might just wrap the cord upon itself and not remember thus causing nerve damage.