IFAK supplies (Read 1741 times)

nalo_b

IFAK supplies
« on: December 25, 2023, 08:32:33 AM »
Where is a good place to order supplies from? Was going to order a kit from mountainman medical because ASP recommends them but they're always out of stock.

changemyoil66

Re: IFAK supplies
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2023, 09:28:10 AM »
Where is a good place to order supplies from? Was going to order a kit from mountainman medical because ASP recommends them but they're always out of stock.
Not Amazon for TQ's. It or miss on fakes.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

zippz

« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2023, 09:47:18 AM »
North American Rescue and Dark Angel Medical are good to go
Join the Hawaii Firearms Coalition at www.hifico.org.  Hawaii's new non-profit gun rights organization focused on lobbying and grassroots activism.

Hawaii Shooting Calendar - https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?src=practicalmarksman.com_btllod1boifgpp8dcjnbnruhso%40group.calendar.google.com&ctz=Pacific/Honolulu

nalo_b

« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2023, 10:18:33 AM »
Not Amazon for TQ's. It or miss on fakes.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Yeah I searched Amazon but I'd rather have something that is of quality and proven. A lot of em seem like cheap China fakes. Rather not risk it with something like this

nalo_b

« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2023, 10:19:08 AM »
North American Rescue and Dark Angel Medical are good to go

Gonna check on those. Thanks

changemyoil66

« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2023, 09:58:10 AM »
The problem with Amazon ICAT TQ's is that they toss them all into a bin and grab as people order. So you could get a legit one or a fake one.

zippz

« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2023, 10:09:08 AM »
Mountain Man is also good.  I took a class from them.  learned this tip with handling gauze, stick the pouch in your shirt and pull it out as you need it.  So you keep your hands free and gauze don't blow around in the wind.

Join the Hawaii Firearms Coalition at www.hifico.org.  Hawaii's new non-profit gun rights organization focused on lobbying and grassroots activism.

Hawaii Shooting Calendar - https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?src=practicalmarksman.com_btllod1boifgpp8dcjnbnruhso%40group.calendar.google.com&ctz=Pacific/Honolulu

changemyoil66

« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2023, 12:21:46 PM »
Mountain Man is also good.  I took a class from them.  learned this tip with handling gauze, stick the pouch in your shirt and pull it out as you need it.  So you keep your hands free and gauze don't blow around in the wind.

1 reason why the military switched from quik clot powder to gauze.  When the wind blows or helicopter takes off, the powder gets in your eyes.

nalo_b

« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2023, 05:46:39 PM »

Yes went to mountain man because of ASP but they're always out of stock. I remember your post going to their course. Pretty cool

barneylarry41

« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2024, 03:08:38 PM »
Not sure about Amazon yet

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

drck1000

« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2024, 03:41:17 PM »
I but from Live Action Safety, Chinook and Rescue Essentials. I avoid Amazon as I’ve come across fakes. I think ok if you can find reputable vendors and stick with them, but I’d rather not take the chance with that type of items.

macsak

« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2024, 07:31:16 PM »

macsak

« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2024, 04:29:07 PM »

ShellbackChef

« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2024, 12:05:14 PM »

macsak

« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2024, 01:39:09 PM »

macsak

« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2024, 01:15:45 PM »

Sodie

« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2024, 01:25:52 PM »
I like these guys:

https://www.blueforcegear.com/micro-trauma-kit

I have one of these plus a CAT with me on the daily.

Rocky

« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2024, 10:20:50 AM »

Well that was an expensive video.
 For med stuff locally, Safety Systems has a fair assortment including CATS
“I ask you to judge me by the enemies I have made.”
                                                           Franklin D. Roosevelt

zippz

« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2024, 11:25:37 AM »
Anyone ditching hemostatic gauze to go with plain gauze?  My quick clots are expiring and I got four to replace.  Ive heard the same as the video, regular gauze does 90% of the job at 10% of the price.

nalo_b

« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2024, 07:15:42 PM »
I ended up putting together a kit thru medicalgearoutfitters.com. also picked up some stuff from the gun show too.