Glock vs Springfield vs Smith & Wesson vs Sig Sauer. .40S&W shootout (Read 3855 times)

Kingkeoni

This is a constant cause for debate and discussion. "Which is better?"

The proof is in the pudding.

I'm going to orchestrate a shootout between a 40 caliber Glock 22 or 23, a Springfield XD, a S&W M&P, a Sig Sauer 2340 or 250 and maybe one other gun.

The goal of this shootout is a test of reliability, accuracy and durability.

Basically, I'm going to shoot them till they stop working or I run out of ammo.

Just wondering if anyone else is interested in what the results would be.

I would really like two or three other "testers" to do the shooing with me.

I can provide the guns and most of the ammo, but if someone were willing to bring ammo to shoot, it would make these tests a lot less expensive for me.

I don't care what kind of ammo. Old, new, ball, factory, reloads, it doesn't matter. I plan on dividing all ammo in equal portions depending on how many guns are tested.

If someone has a different polymer 40 than whats listed, that would be great too. Bring it out and let's compare that one too.

So the question here is:

1) Does anyone want to be involved in a 40S&W shootout that might take 3-4 hours?
2) Can you provide some 40 ammo for these tests?
3) Do you have a 40 caliber other than the ones I mentioned that you would like to add to these tests?

Please let me know as I would definitely like to see which polymer 40 reigns supreme.  :thumbsup:
Your number one Option for Personal Security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.

Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty.

bass monkey

Re: Glock vs Springfield vs Smith & Wesson vs Sig Sauer. .40S&W shootout
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2011, 09:20:39 PM »
Sounds like a great test. Will stay posted for thr results. Heard its a good gun and between a 9 and 45 which makes it popular.

mving4ward

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2011, 10:07:09 PM »
 :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

42itus

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2011, 10:09:32 PM »
when you want to do one with a 9mm, i'll volunteer my sig and H&K. 

HBS1

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2011, 11:03:54 PM »
All solid firearms, but if you going to run them till they stop firing you will need a ton of ammo. After watching countless videos, magazine and internet articles over the years for similar tests, to find absolute failure, you will have to expand your test beyond just firing ammo, like burying it, firing it underwater, running it over with a truck, etc.. and any other creatively destructive act you can imagine to find enough flaw for failure to make a sound assessment. Save your ammo,(although shooting a ton of ammo thru these will be more fun than I could begin to imagine and you will need plastic surgery to remove your smiles) its a tie unless you intend to destroy the firearm to reach a solid conclusion.  If not then I venture the winner to be the Glock, unless you set it on fire and destroy the frame, then I think the SIG