Range Questions? (Read 15273 times)

nhtango

Range Questions?
« on: June 08, 2016, 04:16:13 PM »
Has anyone been out to the range yet?

Anyone have any questions about the range?

Any suggestions, gripes, or compliments?

For the most part, until the Grand Opening (since the range is currently only in its "soft opening" stage) there will be no monthly or yearly subscriptions/memberships yet. If you'd like to get a head start on the membership applications, please feel free to come down to the range when it's open (Friday through Sunday 1000 - 1800) or drop by the store to fill out the paperwork.

If you decide to shoot, keep in mind that you can either bring your own gun or borrow one of the ranges. You will need to buy ammunition and targets from the range and will only be allowed to used said ammo and targets the day you purchase them.

Currently, if you buy ammo from the range you will be asked to leave all brass at the range, i.e. you cannot take your brass home for reloading . "Clean-up" consists of just pushing your brass forward of the shooting benches.

Do not bend over to pick anything up without the Range Safety officer's permission.

Most importantly, this is a soft opening. There will be some hiccups here and there, but please bear with us as we try to smooth out some bumps.

-Nick
NRA Basic Pistol Instructor
USMC Combat Marksmanship Trainer
USMC Combat Marksmanship Coach

808shooter

Re: Range Questions?
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2016, 05:53:34 PM »
Do we have to hold a current long-gun permit to shoot at the range? 

WTF?Shane

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2016, 05:57:08 PM »

This, I need to know.

Heavies

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2016, 12:33:37 AM »

I did shoot there last Saturday. I did not have to show my long gun permit.  I did have to register into the system with all the same info that is on a long gun permit. RSOs on duty were very friendly and professional.  The range is beautiful, perfectly ventilated, and well lit, best I have seen in any indoor range that I can compare them too.

Key things that I would like to see.

These are key...

-Reloads allowed.  One of my main reasons for going to the shooting range is to test and shoot my reloads.  Outright purchase of factory ammo would be cost prohibitive for me to shoot.   Of course no AP or steel stuff.  Mostly lead or match type jacketed rounds.

-Keep my own brass from those reloads or self supplied ammo.

Like to see, but not a deal breaker

-Position shooting.  I didn't ask, but I'm not sure if there is a way to shoot standing, sitting, prone?  (rifle not pistol)

-Holster draw

-I was looking forward to bringing in new people introduce into shooting.  Not sure of the logistics to enable that.  Do they have to signup too, or just shoot in my lane as a guest?  What if I have two persons, such as husband/wife together at the same time?

Was really looking forward to this and hope that the final draft of the membership system works out.

ren

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2016, 08:27:25 AM »
I did shoot there last Saturday. I did not have to show my long gun permit.  I did have to register into the system with all the same info that is on a long gun permit. RSOs on duty were very friendly and professional.  The range is beautiful, perfectly ventilated, and well lit, best I have seen in any indoor range that I can compare them too.

So your firearm is registered into their system? Ironic.
Deeds Not Words

Heavies

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2016, 11:53:57 AM »
So your firearm is registered into their system? Ironic.

Nothing firearms. Personal information, like on the rifle permit

Bota-CS1

« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2016, 08:01:36 PM »
Nothing firearms. Personal information, like on the rifle permit

Couldn't they get that from a driver's license? I wouldn't want to lose my long gun permit....especially since it has your SSN on it.
No one is coming, it’s up to us.

Legislation should never be about depriving law abiding citizens of something, but rather taking those things away from criminals.

Heavies

« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2016, 08:11:16 PM »
Couldn't they get that from a driver's license? I wouldn't want to lose my long gun permit....especially since it has your SSN on it.
I didn't have to show my rifle permit.  I also showed my drivers lic, which he used to fill out the membership.

Just the messenger. Lol

808shooter

« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2016, 04:42:59 PM »
Thanks for the review Heavies

Heavies

« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2016, 07:43:14 PM »
Did another quick range sesh this afternoon.  Same great service.  Got my box of ammo back that I forgot the last time I was there.... Thank you Nick for marking and saving it for me. 

Nick,
Any updates or answers for my inquiries?

Thank you!

nhtango

« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2016, 09:46:15 PM »
Unfortunately, my only update is that we are having an operations meeting on Monday to hash things out. Please keep the suggestions coming. I will be sure to pass them all on!

-Nick
NRA Basic Pistol Instructor
USMC Combat Marksmanship Trainer
USMC Combat Marksmanship Coach

Heavies

« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2016, 01:26:21 PM »
Unfortunately, my only update is that we are having an operations meeting on Monday to hash things out. Please keep the suggestions coming. I will be sure to pass them all on!

-Nick
Thanks Nick!

armsinc

« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2016, 01:04:01 AM »
I love the range and do plan on coming back  but if there is no membership option for me to bring my own ammo ie reloads, personal defense ammo,  ammo i got a lot of at home, or because of a picky firearm ( my sig mosquito won't feed cci winchester or anything else except fed bulk !!! Weird I know)..... this range will be a once a year occasion vs once every 2 weeks or more if that is not a membership option. I would even be willing to pay more for this opportunity and please get rid of the one hour limit...  maybe required active shooting to utilize a lane or after one hour a person must come out of lane if there are other costumer waiting and wait till there is an open lane...
I know you are wanting for every thing to get set up before you do memberships please keep us informed  mahalo
ArmsInc Hawaii

Inspector

« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2016, 04:35:06 PM »
I wonder if they are going to honor their word and give a discount to those of us who wrote a letter to the city endorsing having a new range built?
SCIENCE THAT CAN’T BE QUESTIONED IS PROPAGANDA!!!

« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2016, 01:49:49 PM »
The range was looking good today.

oldfart

« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2016, 10:21:32 PM »
The range was looking good today.
Welcome to the forum.
Go here and introduce yourself.
https://2ahawaii.com/index.php?topic=4.0
What, Me Worry?

556fun

« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2016, 04:06:36 AM »
I wonder if they are going to honor their word and give a discount to those of us who wrote a letter to the city endorsing having a new range built?

Do u know if people will sign the change.org petition to improve the range.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Inspector

« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2016, 04:36:20 AM »
Do u know if people will sign the change.org petition to improve the range.

I think you have this range and Kokohead confused. This is the thread to ask questions about X-Rings brand new indoor range.

I think part of the problem to get a petition signed is we need to have a combination of people with paper petitions and the Internet petition that we can combine. A lot of our shooting community is still not on the Internet or not comfortable enough to sign an online petition. We had a great opportunity to get a petition signed at the SSF this year but I am not sure if anything came of that?

556fun

« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2016, 06:59:31 PM »
I think you have this range and Kokohead confused. This is the thread to ask questions about X-Rings brand new indoor range.

I think part of the problem to get a petition signed is we need to have a combination of people with paper petitions and the Internet petition that we can combine. A lot of our shooting community is still not on the Internet or not comfortable enough to sign an online petition. We had a great opportunity to get a petition signed at the SSF this year but I am not sure if anything came of that?
Yep you're right but no harm in asking anyone who visits Hfr and Xring to sign the community petition!

Inspector

« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2016, 07:10:58 PM »
Yep you're right but no harm in asking anyone who visits Hfr and Xring to sign the community petition!

True Dat!!!  :shaka: