Female shooting gear (Read 11348 times)

Bushido

Female shooting gear
« on: November 04, 2016, 08:22:14 PM »
My daughter, who is an avid shooter, is looking for shooting gear. Anyone knows of companies who tailor towards female shooting products? She is having issues with pants that can fit belts that are CCW friendly. Most female clothing can not fit a stiff 1 1/2" belt. Looking for clothing, accessory options and recommendations. ----- Mahalo

Rocky

Re: Female shooting gear
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2016, 08:42:37 PM »
I would have her check 5.11 as they are one of the few retailers that do m/f, especially for LEO and military.
http://www.511tactical.com/womens-gear.html

Second would be firearms dealers like
Beretta   http://www.berettausa.com/en-us/store/women-s-clothing/pants/
Browning has a store somewhere too..

Next would be LEO suppliers (which will be doing 5.11, Blackhawk, Propper  etc...) like
http://www.lapolicegear.com/womens-gear.html

Next is Eddie Bauer, Bass pro, Gander Mountain,  Sports warehouse Hell's Canyon and such,but they will be mostly "Hunter" oriented.

Glad she's getting into shooting.
Good job Daddy.  :thumbsup:
“I ask you to judge me by the enemies I have made.”
                                                           Franklin D. Roosevelt

Bushido

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2016, 07:55:22 AM »
I would have her check 5.11 as they are one of the few retailers that do m/f, especially for LEO and military.
http://www.511tactical.com/womens-gear.html

Second would be firearms dealers like
Beretta   http://www.berettausa.com/en-us/store/women-s-clothing/pants/
Browning has a store somewhere too..

Next would be LEO suppliers (which will be doing 5.11, Blackhawk, Propper  etc...) like
http://www.lapolicegear.com/womens-gear.html

Next is Eddie Bauer, Bass pro, Gander Mountain,  Sports warehouse Hell's Canyon and such,but they will be mostly "Hunter" oriented.

Glad she's getting into shooting.
Good job Daddy.  :thumbsup:

Haha Thanks Rocky. She's been shooting since a very young age and is actually a very good shooter. She recently has been looking into CCW options. Of course she likes girly clothes but haven't been able to find a belt small enough to fit through her pants loops but stiff enough to carry. Thanks for the recommendations, I will forward then to her

Rocky

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2016, 10:27:31 AM »
Haha Thanks Rocky. She's been shooting since a very young age and is actually a very good shooter. She recently has been looking into CCW options. Of course she likes girly clothes but haven't been able to find a belt small enough to fit through her pants loops but stiff enough to carry. Thanks for the recommendations, I will forward then to her

Lot's of variations of these ...

https://shop.2a4life.com/sales-page10381330
                                                           Franklin D. Roosevelt

Bota-CS1

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2016, 10:40:10 AM »
Ditto on 5.11.  They make a true Women's cut unlike others who just try and pass off a men's small.  Their women 's range capri yoga pant is all the rage still.
No one is coming, it’s up to us.

Legislation should never be about depriving law abiding citizens of something, but rather taking those things away from criminals.

macsak

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2016, 10:44:10 AM »
Their women 's range capri yoga pant is all the rage still.

look good on you

KLaroche31D

« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2016, 02:22:15 PM »
I had the same issue finding feminine ("girly") CCW compatible clothing. From experience I will say don't waste your time and money. Most of the stuff out there are just downsized mens gear that won't fit right. Just get her a good 1.25" gun belt or a belly band to use with her regular clothing. I buy my stuff  from Daltech Force.  Their 1.25" belts fit all my belt loops and they also have lace belly band holsters.

Jl808

« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2016, 03:47:45 PM »
Check this girl out.  She has sone CCW videos for women.

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLx1ryOjlWc3VM-s7ggfrYfqlqQJzho53E
I think, therefore I am armed.
NRA Life Patron member, HRA Life member, HiFiCo Life Member, HDF member

The United States Constitution © 1791. All Rights Reserved.

Bushido

« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2016, 04:18:57 PM »
Thanks for the replies. Those Daltech Belts might be exactly what she needs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rocky

« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2016, 07:29:01 PM »
Or she   can go up and forget the belt all together !
Lots a bra holsters like this  out there too.
http://www.flashbangholster.com/shop-womens-holsters/
                                                           Franklin D. Roosevelt

MauiLeatherwork

« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2016, 09:59:41 PM »
www.thewellarmedwoman.com has an abundant supply of ladies' specific holsters and gun wearing accessories. There are videos for how the different designs work.  I hope Oahu gets their own TWAW shooting chapter soon.

Personally I dress fairly "paniolo" and have no trouble fitting a 1.5" belt into my jeans.  At the range we do not holster anyway.  Just "eyes & ears" and keep the firearms cleared & on the table when the line is no longer hot.  As for carry on private property, hunting, or CCW on the mainland - you will enjoy looking at all the ladies specific options. This is a growing market. It seems like there are more products than even 5 years ago.

Aloha!

sa594

« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2016, 10:31:48 PM »
If you're ever in Las Vegas, check out the 5.11 store..Staff there is always helpful and the ladies who work there are really good with advice and recommendations for the women customers..Wife always walks out of there with new things

Bushido

« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2016, 09:25:15 PM »
If you're ever in Las Vegas, check out the 5.11 store..Staff there is always helpful and the ladies who work there are really good with advice and recommendations for the women customers..Wife always walks out of there with new things

Thanks. I had no idea they had a store there.

sa594

« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2016, 10:37:04 PM »
NP, they're located on Dean Martin Dr  just west of the strip

Uteinl

« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2018, 03:27:21 AM »
My son's girlfriend, who had never seen a gun prior to meeting my son, recently got her RPAL. She had the top score in her class! We had her practicing loading, unloading, etc., until she could do it in her sleep. Anyway, as a gift for doing so well, I bought her pink earmuffs and shooting glasses. She was ecstatic! I think the more equipment geared to women there is, the more we'll see shooting.

______________________________________________________________________________________________
It seems, in fact, as though the second half of a man`s life is made up of nothing, but the habits he has accumulated during the first half.
Kind regards,Uteinl Diceus
« Last Edit: July 16, 2018, 12:58:16 AM by Uteinl »

oldfart

« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2018, 06:24:07 AM »
My son's girlfriend, who had never seen a gun prior to meeting my son, recently got her RPAL. She had the top score in her class! We had her practicing loading, unloading, etc., until she could do it in her sleep. Anyway, as a gift for doing so well, I bought her pink earmuffs and shooting glasses. She was ecstatic! I think the more equipment geared to women there is, the more we'll see shooting.
That's great.
Are you really in Canada? What is RPAL?
Drop in more often, eh?
What, Me Worry?

changemyoil66

« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2018, 02:24:06 PM »
My wife is the same when it comes to lavender gear. 

Bushido

« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2018, 07:42:36 PM »

We really do need more female shooters as well as young shooters.