Bad Drivers Dashcam Video-Post It Here (Read 36450 times)

suka

Re: Bad Drivers Dashcam Video-Post It Here
« Reply #40 on: March 02, 2017, 06:21:12 PM »

Why did you get pulled over? I couldn't seen any violations?

macsak

« Reply #41 on: March 02, 2017, 06:55:44 PM »
All of this is subjective based on opinions of the person/observer. (the definitions and hpd stuff you quoted)  I used the term tailgating cause it expressed the simplest way to say what I was doing.  What I was doing does not literally fall under that term.  I guess I could edit everything to say I was following very closely yet over the safe minimum distance. I did the calculations I have facts on my side.

so you did the math while you were driving?
isn't that distracted driving?

London808

« Reply #42 on: March 02, 2017, 07:02:18 PM »
Why did you get pulled over? I couldn't seen any violations?

The red lense on my tail light was missing (got broken at work) i just got a hey you need to fix that .
"Mr. Roberts is a bit of a fanatic, he has previously sued HPD about gun registration issues." : Major Richard Robinson 2016

omnigun

« Reply #43 on: March 02, 2017, 07:02:36 PM »
so you did the math while you were driving?
isn't that distracted driving?

Not for me :D
I know it might be hard for you to do math and drive though so I understand why you might think that  :shaka: lol

ren

« Reply #44 on: March 02, 2017, 07:08:32 PM »
evening rush hour is the worst. Why have lines? SHould we pass more laws since people are already breaking the ones now? :crazy: :rofl:
Deeds Not Words

macsak

« Reply #45 on: March 02, 2017, 07:10:55 PM »
Not for me :D
I know it might be hard for you to do math and drive though so I understand why you might think that  :shaka: lol

If it makes you feel better to think that, go ahead

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

London808

« Reply #46 on: March 02, 2017, 07:18:42 PM »
d=1.552803600v+v220
I required 12.25 feet to SAFELY stop.  That's under 1 car length.  I was doing that.  I was "SAFE".

If your an alert driver you reaction time would be somewhere in the 1 second mark, Thats from you seeing there break light come on to you hitting the breaks.

Your saying you need only 12.5 ft of space to stop safely would indicate that you were going at 12.5 Feet per Second = 8.522727 Miles per Hour.

any faster then that and you would impact the rear of her car in the 1 second time it took you to react and press the break, And that doesent even factor in the other cars deceleration speed caused by them breaking. 

This shows 1 of 3 things.

she was not break checking you, She was stuck in the same bullshit trafic you were.
You math is bullshit.
The whole story is made.
"Mr. Roberts is a bit of a fanatic, he has previously sued HPD about gun registration issues." : Major Richard Robinson 2016

oldfart

« Reply #47 on: March 02, 2017, 07:51:49 PM »
I've done 160MPH going up H2 northbound. it was scary as hell.
Done 150 in a white ‘71 challenger. 340 4bbl
That would be about 45 yrs ago on maui.
A la vanishng point.
What, Me Worry?

suka

« Reply #48 on: March 02, 2017, 09:11:33 PM »
Done 150 in a white ‘71 challenger. 340 4bbl
That would be about 45 yrs ago on maui.
A la vanishng point.
it takes all 4 lanes to make the turns up H2, . but I could not get it over 162 on the speedo. wish i was going down H2, dunno how much speed I could have gotten.

Obviously the cops could never catch up and never saw the blue lights again after Mililani Cemetery bridge. .....

omnigun

« Reply #49 on: March 03, 2017, 06:31:52 AM »
If your an alert driver you reaction time would be somewhere in the 1 second mark, Thats from you seeing there break light come on to you hitting the breaks.

Your saying you need only 12.5 ft of space to stop safely would indicate that you were going at 12.5 Feet per Second = 8.522727 Miles per Hour.

any faster then that and you would impact the rear of her car in the 1 second time it took you to react and press the break, And that doesent even factor in the other cars deceleration speed caused by them breaking. 

This shows 1 of 3 things.

she was not break checking you, She was stuck in the same bullshit trafic you were.
You math is bullshit.
The whole story is made.

Yes cause she was clearly just randomly honking her horn, sticking her middle finger out the window and taking angry pictures with her cell phone cause that's what normal people do in traffic.   :wacko:
Also I was using the metric of I was going around 5mph if you bothered to look up the formula it has reaction time built in.....obviously it wasn't only going 5mph but I adjusted my distance based on speed. The fact that I never hit her no matter what brake checks she did simple shows that I wasnt "too close".

Inertia46

« Reply #50 on: March 05, 2017, 06:12:00 PM »

oldfart

« Reply #51 on: March 05, 2017, 06:46:23 PM »
Go left

No the other left! :rofl:
What, Me Worry?

RSN172

« Reply #52 on: March 05, 2017, 07:58:06 PM »
I've done 160MPH going up H2 northbound. it was scary as hell.
What were you driving?  When I was living on Oahu I owned a 2009 CTSV, auto, so governor controlled top speed of 179mph.  The stick version had no governor so top speed of that was 197mph, but the auto was faster 0-60 and in the qtr mile.

I loved that car but sold it because it would be good on the gravel roads of Puna.

RSN172

« Reply #53 on: March 05, 2017, 08:03:02 PM »
What were you driving?  When I was living on Oahu I owned a 2009 CTSV, auto, so governor controlled top speed of 179mph.  The stick version had no governor so top speed of that was 197mph, but the auto was faster 0-60 and in the qtr mile.

I loved that car but sold it because it would not be good on the gravel roads of Puna.

suka

« Reply #54 on: March 05, 2017, 08:20:31 PM »

He must be from the UK.

suka

« Reply #55 on: March 05, 2017, 08:38:17 PM »

I loved that car but sold it because it would be good on the gravel roads of Puna.

1986 BMW 635CSi
Engine swap was done in 1993. I manage to sustain a speed of 150 most of the way up H2 from Pearl City until I crossed Kipapa gulch. The cops were chasing me from the Waiau power plant. I was told that their subsidized Cutlas Supreme at the time could barely hit 130mph and had extremely poor handling.

The complete engine was imported from the Hartge Tuning Shop in Germany; including new computer,  full exhaust and headers. Ship via air freight to Hawaii.

Still have the old lady parked in my garage with only about a 1000 miles on the engine.

« Last Edit: March 05, 2017, 08:48:41 PM by suka »

MuffinMan

« Reply #56 on: March 06, 2017, 04:02:26 PM »
Maybe this guy hadn't had his coffee yet....or maybe he had too much..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iC6ZNC2Fyfs&feature=youtu.be

oldfart

« Reply #57 on: March 06, 2017, 04:35:35 PM »
Maybe this guy hadn't had his coffee yet....or maybe he had too much..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iC6ZNC2Fyfs&feature=youtu.be

Where is that?
Looks familiar but I can't quite place it.
What, Me Worry?

NoScade

« Reply #58 on: March 06, 2017, 05:53:05 PM »
Where is that?
Looks familiar but I can't quite place it.

Looks like he's making a left from Middle st. To Dillingham by the bus terminal.  The truck turned close to where Lani Moo got stolen.  Lol

MuffinMan

« Reply #59 on: March 07, 2017, 07:53:05 AM »
Yep.  Right before Gaspro :shaka:

Don't know what the guy in the white BMW was thinking, or wasn't.  They both pulled into the Gaspro parking lot.