Worst Dad Award (Read 1685 times)

oldfart

Worst Dad Award
« on: May 06, 2019, 10:13:47 AM »
What, Me Worry?

Drakiir84

Re: Worst Dad Award
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2019, 11:42:08 AM »
Sad to say I've seen worse..... this doesn't even make a blip on the worse dad scale.
"The rifle is a weapon. Let there be no mistake about that. It is a tool of power, and thus dependent completely upon the moral stature of its user. It is equally useful in securing meat for the table, destroying group enemies on the battlefield, and resisting tyranny. In fact, it is the only means of resisting tyranny, since a citizenry armed with rifles simply cannot be tyrannized."
-Jeff Cooper

oldfart

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2019, 11:45:58 AM »
Sad to say I've seen worse..... this doesn't even make a blip on the worse dad scale.
How about "Worst Dad of the Day" award?
What, Me Worry?

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2019, 12:18:46 PM »
This is getting to be so common, there are now "child in vehicle" warning systems that remind drivers a child is in the back.

Car makers, child safety seat makers, smart phone app designers and others are creating solutions to keep kids from being accidentally left in vehicles.

Nothing stops an adult from intentionally leaving a child alone in the car, but maybe these systems could help hold them accountable for their negligence versus ruling a tragedy accidental.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/technologies-designed-prevent-hot-car-deaths-work/story?id=47991074

"How can you diagnose someone with an obsessive-compulsive disorder
and then act as though I had some choice about barging in?"
-- Melvin Udall

changemyoil66

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2019, 02:58:27 PM »
How ever did the generation before not leave their kids in the car?  Or did it happen just as much, but now due to social media, there is more stories about it?

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2019, 06:23:22 PM »
How ever did the generation before not leave their kids in the car?  Or did it happen just as much, but now due to social media, there is more stories about it?

With the advent of the Inter-webs and 24/7 news cycles, more stories that had little relevance nationwide are making the national news now.

Content = clicks/ratings = revenue.

Let's face it. A kid that dies in a car in Arizona doesn't hold the interest of people on the East Coast. There's no connection to the family or child like there would be in the local community.

I'm waiting for the trend to be blamed on Global Warming/Climate Change. "It's SOOOOOO much hotter now. Kids are DYING!!"
"How can you diagnose someone with an obsessive-compulsive disorder
and then act as though I had some choice about barging in?"
-- Melvin Udall

ren

« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2019, 11:12:28 PM »
need parent classes before sex ed
register once kids reach puberty so we can track potential parents and issues.
legislators have to do "something"
how about shopping mall children reminders?
Deeds Not Words

RSN172

« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2019, 11:18:48 PM »
My wife and I raised 4 kids and took care of 3 of our 10 grandkids.  We never left them alone in the car.  Leaving a little kid in the car is inexcusable. 

oldfart

« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2019, 11:30:30 PM »
I like to imagine there is a special place in "general population" (prison) for bad dads like this.
He need the "special" treatment. :grrr:
What, Me Worry?