Suggestions for improving this site (Read 110763 times)

Heavies

Re: Suggestions for improving this site
« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2011, 02:06:22 PM »
Right on thank you 2A!

Antithesis

« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2011, 09:59:06 AM »
How about a "buyer/seller feedback" forum, where people can review the various buyers or sellers they've done business with via the forums.  It's a good way to give frequent sellers credibility, or ensure bad sellers are known to others. 
"Si vis pacem, para bellum"
If you wish for peace, prepare for war

808shooter

« Reply #22 on: May 07, 2011, 07:25:47 PM »
This forum IMHO, desperately needs a "SHOUT BOX" on the front page.  That way members can leave messages without having to start/reply to a thread.

I'd like to shout out "Old Guy, where are you?"

Dregs

« Reply #23 on: May 12, 2011, 12:22:43 PM »
A shoutbox would be pretty cool. I always see it on Sniper's Hide forums. It's an interesting thingy!

Funtimes

« Reply #24 on: June 01, 2011, 09:19:37 PM »
A like button that goes directly to facebook.

Dregs

« Reply #25 on: June 02, 2011, 07:16:20 PM »
LOL. We now have a "like" button. How awesome is that lawl. Thanks 2ahawaii.

2aHawaii

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Sheepdog
  • Referrals: 17
    • View Profile
    • 2aHawaii
« Reply #26 on: June 02, 2011, 07:18:27 PM »
Oh, good. I didn't know if it was showing up right.
I am not a lawyer.

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." - United States Constitution Amendment 2 & Hawaii State Constitution Article 1 Section 17

Buying from Amazon? Click through here

Pizzo

« Reply #27 on: September 18, 2011, 10:03:50 AM »
2aHawaii, I'm new to the site and am loving it so far! The one thing that's been killin me is in the firearm classifieds section. It seems that there are quite a few posts where the gun(s) have already been sold...but the post is still up. So, you see a post, get all excited, scroll through 1-2 pages of replies/comments just to see it's sold....it can be quite a heart breaker...lol!!  Is there anyway to make it easier for the poster to delete the bulletin, or to report it to the moderator so it can be removed? Maybe a "report as sold" button that would notify the proper moderator to remove the post? Just a thought, otherwise the site is killa and a lot of fun to use!
Pizzo

antoinebugleboy

« Reply #28 on: September 18, 2011, 10:07:53 AM »
On the email notifications with the content included, it would be nice to know who wrote the reply.
There ain't no such thing as a free lunch. - Heinlein

I swear by my life, and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. - Rand

What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence. - Hitchens

gotblika

« Reply #29 on: September 18, 2011, 03:03:14 PM »
2aHawaii, I'm new to the site and am loving it so far! The one thing that's been killin me is in the firearm classifieds section. It seems that there are quite a few posts where the gun(s) have already been sold...but the post is still up. So, you see a post, get all excited, scroll through 1-2 pages of replies/comments just to see it's sold....it can be quite a heart breaker...lol!!  Is there anyway to make it easier for the poster to delete the bulletin, or to report it to the moderator so it can be removed? Maybe a "report as sold" button that would notify the proper moderator to remove the post? Just a thought, otherwise the site is killa and a lot of fun to use!
Pizzo
I like the posting to stay up with the price. Gives you idea on current market value.

antoinebugleboy

« Reply #30 on: September 18, 2011, 09:11:26 PM »
On the email notifications with the content included, it would be nice to know who wrote the reply.

Please disregard above. Apparently I do not have the keenest eye for details.
There ain't no such thing as a free lunch. - Heinlein

I swear by my life, and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. - Rand

What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence. - Hitchens

vooduchikn

« Reply #31 on: September 18, 2011, 10:26:08 PM »
How about a way to make the site mobile friendly?

tapatalk?
Relax, I've banned myself..

2aHawaii

• Administrator
  • Sheepdog
    • View Profile
    • 2aHawaii
« Reply #32 on: September 19, 2011, 03:37:48 AM »
Okay, I've enabled it so people can lock their own topics in the Classifieds and hopefully people will start doing so. I hope that will help people find items easier.

Voodu, I'll have to look into making the site mobile friendly.
I am not a lawyer.

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." - United States Constitution Amendment 2 & Hawaii State Constitution Article 1 Section 17

Heavies

« Reply #33 on: September 19, 2011, 05:03:26 AM »
Maybe we could make a rule that the poster of an ad can change the title to put the word "sold" in the title when the items are sold.

Kingkeoni

« Reply #34 on: September 19, 2011, 07:49:28 AM »
I really wish they couldn't erase the entire post.

You go to see what was there and It just says sold, because they erased the description and price.

I wish classifieds couldn't be modified.

You should be able to only update them.

And the sold status should lock the topic somehow. Maybe it would show as a different color when sold.
Your number one Option for Personal Security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.

Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty.

vooduchikn

« Reply #35 on: September 19, 2011, 08:52:39 AM »
Okay, I've enabled it so people can lock their own topics in the Classifieds and hopefully people will start doing so. I hope that will help people find items easier.

Voodu, I'll have to look into making the site mobile friendly.

Thanks. There are plugins out there that will make it mobile friendly.
Relax, I've banned myself..

2aHawaii

• Administrator
  • Sheepdog
    • View Profile
    • 2aHawaii
« Reply #36 on: October 06, 2011, 08:42:52 AM »
Okay, I've gone and added tapatalk. Let me know if you are having any problems with it and I'll try and fix it.
I am not a lawyer.

Kingkeoni

« Reply #37 on: October 18, 2011, 11:07:04 AM »
I wish there was a way to send pics from your smart phone right to this site.

I always have to wait till i get to work or use the wife's computer to upload pics.
Your number one Option for Personal Security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.

Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty.

Heavies

« Reply #38 on: October 18, 2011, 11:30:06 AM »
I wish there was a way to send pics from your smart phone right to this site.

I always have to wait till i get to work or use the wife's computer to upload pics.

I use photobucket. I email the photos to my account, then I use the links from there to post up here.

Travboi

« Reply #39 on: December 06, 2011, 12:14:06 AM »
As i was lurking around a Nissan site i seen something that would be nice and convienent. A Quick reply box at the bottom of a thread. Minimal things like no need for smilies just the box and submit.