Show us your reloading bench (Read 103380 times)

Heavies

Show us your reloading bench
« on: September 09, 2011, 03:28:22 AM »
I needed  a new bench for my reloading gear because the old desk I was using was an unstable POS.  My brother picked up a butcher block workbench from Sears for his reloading bench, but it was way too high (needs a bar stool height chair for sitting), and it was freaking expensive. 

Whilst looking around, I found this workbench at Costco for about $250.  It is supposed to have high casters on the bottom, but I left them off, and it is the perfect height for sitting in my office chair while reloading.

This work bench is Heavy! If I could bolt it to the floor it would be even better, but the wife said 'NO WAY!' , arg. :P

Pretty good amount of lockable storage.

Came up with a quick change system for my single stage, turret, and bullet seater presses.

What kinds of benches do you folks use? :shaka:

2aHawaii

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Sheepdog
  • Referrals: 17
    • View Profile
    • 2aHawaii
Re: Show us your reloading bench
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2011, 03:30:50 AM »
Very nice setup. I saw that exact same bench one day at Costco. Thought about buying it and went back to get it and it was gone :(
I am not a lawyer.

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." - United States Constitution Amendment 2 & Hawaii State Constitution Article 1 Section 17

Buying from Amazon? Click through here

Pit808

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2011, 08:08:56 AM »
So thats where all the varget went.....   ;D

I'll play too.....

Here is my homemade bench/cabinet.  Nothing fancy, just functional.

To the right of my bench I have my sorted brass and equipment

I got one of those stack on cabinets from Sports Authority when they were on sale and mounted shelves in it. 

:shaka:
Pit
« Last Edit: September 09, 2011, 09:46:57 AM by Pit808 »
chitty chitty bang bang.......

Heavies

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2011, 08:54:22 PM »
Very nice!  I like the stackon with the shelves. Lots of lockable storage.  :thumbsup:

Funtimes

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2011, 12:02:12 AM »
My bench is some piece of crap computer table that i found laying outside on the street.  I'd take a picture but it's over at voodoo's house setup to trim .223 brass.  Few thousand of those to go through lol.

Kingkeoni

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2011, 12:29:43 AM »
My bench is some piece of crap computer table that i found laying outside on the street. lol.

True
Your number one Option for Personal Security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.

Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty.

vooduchikn

« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2011, 12:37:16 AM »
My bench is some piece of crap computer table that i found laying outside on the street. lol.

True

Yeah, and it is living in my garage...sweet set up! Works like a champ!
Relax, I've banned myself..

vooduchikn

« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2011, 12:39:51 AM »

True

Yeah, and it is living in my garage...sweet set up! Works like a champ!

1k first time 5.56 reloads that shoot like a factory? seems okay to me!

Relax, I've banned myself..

onfloat

« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2011, 03:38:46 PM »
Here is mine. Just finished setting it up a couple of weeks ago.

DonRow

Show us your reloading bench
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2011, 03:48:39 PM »
So how hard is it to do reloads?

2aHawaii

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Sheepdog
  • Referrals: 17
    • View Profile
    • 2aHawaii
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2011, 03:49:13 PM »
Nice bench, onfloat. It looks very organized.
I am not a lawyer.

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." - United States Constitution Amendment 2 & Hawaii State Constitution Article 1 Section 17

Buying from Amazon? Click through here

onfloat

« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2011, 04:10:02 PM »
So how hard is it to do reloads?

Not hard. I just started. I went slow got a few books, watched a bunch of videos on YouTube. It was fairly easy after watching a bunch of different videos to figure out who knew what they were doing and who was careless. I also talked to a couple of different folks about how they are doing it and thoughts.

Nice bench, onfloat. It looks very organized.

Thanks, it's all about the camera angle. ;)

houdni

« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2011, 04:41:48 PM »
when work is slow... @ work...job to be named anonymous...

Inspector

« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2011, 06:52:15 PM »
Nice benches guys! I'll take a pic of mine one of these days.

Hey OnFloat where did you get the yellow bins that you have? I am looking for those and I found them for $5 each and was hoping I could find them cheaper somewhere.
SCIENCE THAT CAN’T BE QUESTIONED IS PROPAGANDA!!!

onfloat

« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2011, 07:12:26 PM »

Hey OnFloat where did you get the yellow bins that you have? I am looking for those and I found them for $5 each and was hoping I could find them cheaper somewhere.

I got them at Lowes in Waikele. I forgot what I paid for them but it seems like they were $6 or $7 for a set of four.

Inspector

« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2011, 07:27:35 PM »

I got them at Lowes in Waikele. I forgot what I paid for them but it seems like they were $6 or $7 for a set of four.
Thanks! That is the right price for those!!!
SCIENCE THAT CAN’T BE QUESTIONED IS PROPAGANDA!!!

clshade

« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2011, 08:27:12 PM »
Nice lookin' setups, gents!!

I use an old computer desk for my bench. In fact, its still my computer desk.  :oops: I invade the communal work space at the back of the garage from time to time but don't leave anything out more than a day or 2.

At some point I may set up a dedicated workspace but using the lee hand press doesn't require a dedicated space so I haven't prioritized that, yet. I did rig a table mount for it to free up one hand and load faster but I just clamp it to the edge of my desk. Worked well for a while but the force required eventually split the wood. Gotta make a new one - across the grain.

The supplies I do have neatly organized but its nothing picture worthy. Its guerrilla reloading over here. But I can crank it out at a decent pace while watching netflix or hulu. :D
« Last Edit: December 30, 2011, 08:32:58 PM by clshade »

Echo5Alpha

« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2011, 04:32:23 PM »
Here is mine. Just finished setting it up a couple of weeks ago.

The first things I noticed was the GySgt Chevrons & DI Pictures.  Don't ask me why it's the first things I honed in on.

Semper Fi Marine!

wirecounter

« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2012, 02:55:29 PM »
I made this with plans from the National Reloading Manufacturers Association.  Made some minor changes.  It is solid.

[attachment deleted by admin]

808shooter

« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2012, 04:34:16 PM »
very nice, can you make me one ? ;D