Show us your reloading bench (Read 104664 times)

Heavies

Show us your reloading bench
« on: September 09, 2011, 03:28:22 AM »
I needed  a new bench for my reloading gear because the old desk I was using was an unstable POS.  My brother picked up a butcher block workbench from Sears for his reloading bench, but it was way too high (needs a bar stool height chair for sitting), and it was freaking expensive. 

Whilst looking around, I found this workbench at Costco for about $250.  It is supposed to have high casters on the bottom, but I left them off, and it is the perfect height for sitting in my office chair while reloading.

This work bench is Heavy! If I could bolt it to the floor it would be even better, but the wife said 'NO WAY!' , arg. :P

Pretty good amount of lockable storage.

Came up with a quick change system for my single stage, turret, and bullet seater presses.

What kinds of benches do you folks use? :shaka:

2aHawaii

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Sheepdog
  • Referrals: 17
    • View Profile
    • 2aHawaii
Re: Show us your reloading bench
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2011, 03:30:50 AM »
Very nice setup. I saw that exact same bench one day at Costco. Thought about buying it and went back to get it and it was gone :(
I am not a lawyer.

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." - United States Constitution Amendment 2 & Hawaii State Constitution Article 1 Section 17

Buying from Amazon? Click through here

Pit808

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2011, 08:08:56 AM »
So thats where all the varget went.....   ;D

I'll play too.....

Here is my homemade bench/cabinet.  Nothing fancy, just functional.

To the right of my bench I have my sorted brass and equipment

I got one of those stack on cabinets from Sports Authority when they were on sale and mounted shelves in it. 

:shaka:
Pit
« Last Edit: September 09, 2011, 09:46:57 AM by Pit808 »
chitty chitty bang bang.......

Heavies

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2011, 08:54:22 PM »
Very nice!  I like the stackon with the shelves. Lots of lockable storage.  :thumbsup:

Funtimes

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2011, 12:02:12 AM »
My bench is some piece of crap computer table that i found laying outside on the street.  I'd take a picture but it's over at voodoo's house setup to trim .223 brass.  Few thousand of those to go through lol.
Check out the Hawaii Defense Foundation.
HDF on Facebook
Defender of the Accused in Arkansas Courts
Posts are not legal advice & are my own, unless said so.

Kingkeoni

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2011, 12:29:43 AM »
My bench is some piece of crap computer table that i found laying outside on the street. lol.

True
Your number one Option for Personal Security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.

Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty.

vooduchikn

« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2011, 12:37:16 AM »
My bench is some piece of crap computer table that i found laying outside on the street. lol.

True

Yeah, and it is living in my garage...sweet set up! Works like a champ!
Relax, I've banned myself..

vooduchikn

« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2011, 12:39:51 AM »

True

Yeah, and it is living in my garage...sweet set up! Works like a champ!

1k first time 5.56 reloads that shoot like a factory? seems okay to me!

Relax, I've banned myself..

onfloat

« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2011, 03:38:46 PM »
Here is mine. Just finished setting it up a couple of weeks ago.

DonRow

Show us your reloading bench
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2011, 03:48:39 PM »
So how hard is it to do reloads?

2aHawaii

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Sheepdog
  • Referrals: 17
    • View Profile
    • 2aHawaii
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2011, 03:49:13 PM »
Nice bench, onfloat. It looks very organized.
I am not a lawyer.

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." - United States Constitution Amendment 2 & Hawaii State Constitution Article 1 Section 17

Buying from Amazon? Click through here

onfloat

« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2011, 04:10:02 PM »
So how hard is it to do reloads?

Not hard. I just started. I went slow got a few books, watched a bunch of videos on YouTube. It was fairly easy after watching a bunch of different videos to figure out who knew what they were doing and who was careless. I also talked to a couple of different folks about how they are doing it and thoughts.

Nice bench, onfloat. It looks very organized.

Thanks, it's all about the camera angle. ;)

houdni

« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2011, 04:41:48 PM »
when work is slow... @ work...job to be named anonymous...

Inspector

« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2011, 06:52:15 PM »
Nice benches guys! I'll take a pic of mine one of these days.

Hey OnFloat where did you get the yellow bins that you have? I am looking for those and I found them for $5 each and was hoping I could find them cheaper somewhere.
SCIENCE THAT CAN’T BE QUESTIONED IS PROPAGANDA!!!

onfloat

« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2011, 07:12:26 PM »

Hey OnFloat where did you get the yellow bins that you have? I am looking for those and I found them for $5 each and was hoping I could find them cheaper somewhere.

I got them at Lowes in Waikele. I forgot what I paid for them but it seems like they were $6 or $7 for a set of four.

Inspector

« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2011, 07:27:35 PM »

I got them at Lowes in Waikele. I forgot what I paid for them but it seems like they were $6 or $7 for a set of four.
Thanks! That is the right price for those!!!
SCIENCE THAT CAN’T BE QUESTIONED IS PROPAGANDA!!!

clshade

« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2011, 08:27:12 PM »
Nice lookin' setups, gents!!

I use an old computer desk for my bench. In fact, its still my computer desk.  :oops: I invade the communal work space at the back of the garage from time to time but don't leave anything out more than a day or 2.

At some point I may set up a dedicated workspace but using the lee hand press doesn't require a dedicated space so I haven't prioritized that, yet. I did rig a table mount for it to free up one hand and load faster but I just clamp it to the edge of my desk. Worked well for a while but the force required eventually split the wood. Gotta make a new one - across the grain.

The supplies I do have neatly organized but its nothing picture worthy. Its guerrilla reloading over here. But I can crank it out at a decent pace while watching netflix or hulu. :D
« Last Edit: December 30, 2011, 08:32:58 PM by clshade »

Echo5Alpha

« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2011, 04:32:23 PM »
Here is mine. Just finished setting it up a couple of weeks ago.

The first things I noticed was the GySgt Chevrons & DI Pictures.  Don't ask me why it's the first things I honed in on.

Semper Fi Marine!

wirecounter

« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2012, 02:55:29 PM »
I made this with plans from the National Reloading Manufacturers Association.  Made some minor changes.  It is solid.

[attachment deleted by admin]

808shooter

« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2012, 04:34:16 PM »
very nice, can you make me one ? ;D