NEW Nationwide pro 2nd amendment rally. (Read 964 times)

Aloha808

NEW Nationwide pro 2nd amendment rally.
« on: March 28, 2018, 12:22:58 AM »
Saturday April 14th.

Rally is being held nationwide, organized by the National Constitutional Coalition of Patriotic Americans.

Was just announced the other day so word is spreading around the nation. 

https://thenccpa.com/2018/03/18/americans-for-america-rally/

rklapp

Re: NEW Nationwide pro 2nd amendment rally.
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2018, 07:23:55 AM »
I also saw this announced on Facebook.
Yahh! Freedom and justice shall always prevail over tyranny, Babysitter Girl!
Mosin Nagant 91/30 (1942)
AR-15 Varmint 24"/ 300BLK 16"
AK-47 VEPR 23"
T/C Compass 6.5 Creedmoor 22"

zippz

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2018, 11:20:22 AM »
Anyone know who the local contact is for this?
Join Hawaii Guys and Gals with Guns at www.meetup.com/HawaiiGGG.  We are a group of shooting friends that explore a variety of shooting sports.
Hawaii Shooting Calendar - https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?src=practicalmarksman.com_btllod1boifgpp8dcjnbnruhso%40group.calendar.google.com&ctz=Pacific/Honolulu

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2018, 11:42:25 AM »
Anyone know who the local contact is for this?

I just sent an email to the organization that's putting this together:  National Constitutional Coalition of Patriotic Americans

There are "Events" set up on their FB page for each state's gathering.  If there's not a Hawaii POC yet, I'm sure it'll be up to someone volunteering.

Part of the POC's job is to handle permits for the rally.  Maybe someone who already works at the capitol as a volunteer?  (Hint!  Hint!   :thumbsup: )

I'll post whatever reply I get.
I don't want to brag, but I just finished a jig-saw puzzle in 5 days, even though the box said "2-4 years."

Flapp_Jackson

« Last Edit: March 28, 2018, 12:30:43 PM by Flapp_Jackson »
I don't want to brag, but I just finished a jig-saw puzzle in 5 days, even though the box said "2-4 years."

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2018, 02:23:26 PM »
Just received a reply on FB chat.  There's no POC for HI yet.

Looking for a volunteer.

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2018, 11:07:17 PM »
This rally is still looking for a Hawaii coordinator.  Mainly for getting the proper permits, etc.

It's 2 weeks from today (Saturday). 

:wave:

6716J

« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2018, 12:06:21 PM »
So..... Is this going to happen?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

zippz

« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2018, 04:35:38 PM »
I have not seen much interest for this here, probably cause it hasn't been advertised.  This is difficult to market since it's put together by a small unknown organization.  The NRA and HRA aren't backing it and no one has stepped up to coordinate it.  I also don't see a strong purpose for it, it's a general 2a rally.  There's no impending threat of an assault rifle ban, magazine limits, etc and this doesn't have a clear connection to the elections. 

It's go big or go home.  Everyone puts in 100% into this or don't do it.  We need a lot of volunteers to do the prep work and hundreds of people attending the rally.  What I don't want to see is a couple dozen people out there which would hurt our cause.

I can organize it, but I want a devoted team first that is going to have a meeting, go out and advertise it at the stores, clubs, and ranges, and will help with all the planning and logistics.
Join Hawaii Guys and Gals with Guns at www.meetup.com/HawaiiGGG.  We are a group of shooting friends that explore a variety of shooting sports.
Hawaii Shooting Calendar - https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?src=practicalmarksman.com_btllod1boifgpp8dcjnbnruhso%40group.calendar.google.com&ctz=Pacific/Honolulu

6716J

« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2018, 06:03:05 PM »
I have not seen much interest for this here, probably cause it hasn't been advertised.  This is difficult to market since it's put together by a small unknown organization.  The NRA and HRA aren't backing it and no one has stepped up to coordinate it.  I also don't see a strong purpose for it, it's a general 2a rally.  There's no impending threat of an assault rifle ban, magazine limits, etc and this doesn't have a clear connection to the elections. 

It's go big or go home.  Everyone puts in 100% into this or don't do it.  We need a lot of volunteers to do the prep work and hundreds of people attending the rally.  What I don't want to see is a couple dozen people out there which would hurt our cause.

I can organize it, but I want a devoted team first that is going to have a meeting, go out and advertise it at the stores, clubs, and ranges, and will help with all the planning and logistics.
I get it. Go big or go home.

And only 2 weeks from now makes it hard to organize.

Is the HRA planning any events for us here?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

zippz

« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2018, 02:51:56 PM »
I suggest we scrap the event.  No ones volunteered to help and its not getting much takers.  Not practical to plan the event in less than a week.

I did want to have a rally far in the future.  Assemble at the capitol then march to ala moana park for a bbq.  Maybe in 2020.  Show unity and get everyone involved.  Get a thousand people out there.

6716J

« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2018, 05:22:23 PM »
I suggest we scrap the event.  No ones volunteered to help and its not getting much takers.  Not practical to plan the event in less than a week.

I did want to have a rally far in the future.  Assemble at the capitol then march to ala moana park for a bbq.  Maybe in 2020.  Show unity and get everyone involved.  Get a thousand people out there.

Zippz

Any chance we could organize sooner than 2020 but have another in September or October of 2020 just prior to the election?

Pillow

« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2018, 05:32:33 PM »
Unfortunately, you're right.  We should organize something ourselves.  You think we could get something together before the 2018 gubernatorial election this November? Would be nice to show support for the most 2a friendly candidate. Although we all know it's gonna be a democRAT who wins, looking like Hanabusa at the moment

Aloha808

« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2018, 08:44:38 AM »
Maybe next time.  Unfortunately we're the only state that's not doing it.  Maybe when there's actual legislation threatening us.

6716J

« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2018, 09:50:32 AM »
Maybe next time.  Unfortunately we're the only state that's not doing it.  Maybe when there's actual legislation threatening us.

Ugh!.....

Actual legislation...? Almost everything they have proposed is actual legislation against the 2A community and our rights. But as we are so far removed from the mainland, nobody cares about us. No money in it for them.

zippz

« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2018, 05:51:20 PM »
If you want a rally this year come to the meeting next week and we can discuss it.

Pillow

« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2018, 06:36:43 PM »
What meeting?

zippz