Show Up or Give Up! by Tom Gresham of "Gun Talk" (Read 1046 times)

punaperson

Show Up or Give Up! by Tom Gresham of "Gun Talk"
« on: April 05, 2018, 03:28:53 PM »
Good to know it's not just me. Here are the first few paragraphs of his most recent column...

https://guntalk.com/news/politics/show-or-give?utm_source=Gun+Talk+Media+Newsletter&utm_campaign=90a5dc84a9-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2018_04_05&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_f041370629-90a5dc84a9-99895165&ct=t(GT_Newsletter_April_5_20184_5_2018)

Show Up or Give Up!

The .308 is the most versatile hunting caliber in the world.

OK. We got that out of the way, for those who just want to think about guns, calibers, and gear stuff. I love to talk about that stuff, too, but we are in the middle of a freaking crisis, and many gun owners don't know about it or don't believe it. We saw it first-hand yesterday.

(Note: At the end of this, I'm asking for your ideas on how to fight this.)

The Gun Talk crew drove from home base outside of New Orleans to Baton Rouge to hear and testify about gun bills in the Louisiana legislature. It was ... depressing. In this committee hearing, we lost on the issue of allowing teachers to have guns (not require them). The Bloomberg-funded groups were there (Moms Demand and Everytown). There were some gun owners there, but they/we clearly were less organized. One gun-control supporter said she had been to the legislature eight times in the last 10 days. Sure, you can mock this with the tired line of "But we all have jobs," but the bottom line is that she has been there, and we have not.

What was really depressing was the abject stupidity of many of the elected officials. Not ignorance. Stupidity. Well, really, it was the combination of being really dumb and then being eager to show it to the world with the most nonsensical statements. Also, the pure lies, bogus "facts," and other drivel stated by the gun control crowd were breath-taking for those of us who knew the truth, but the lies just sit there. They testified last, so there was no chance for rebuttal.